The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

12 hours ago, Rodney said:

Actually, this is interesting.  I was actually surprised that they left out.  Kelsea said, during the critique session for J.D. and Kenzie, that they picked their Battle song.  I am not sure in what context she meant, but it sounded like Kelly allowed one of her pairs to pick their song, for once.

That makes sense. If it was Kelly who pick a song for her team it would be either current or popular. Imo, their battle song doesn't challenge their vocal range. 

11 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Given that Kenzie went for a classic song for his battle (and auditioned with one as well), I´m pretty sure he didn´t pick his KO song. Or if he did, maybe he wanted to go modern this time around? It´s an odd choice for a KO.

I thought so too, an odd choice. 

8 hours ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Rio has a boyfriend, and it isn't Ethan. They, along with Carolina, Rio, Gih, etc. (the young artists this season) are good bunch of friends.

... but I don't think this is an appropriate topic. It meddles with the personal lives of the artists, which isn't good, especially since Rio and Ethan's still a minor. Their love life is off-limits imo, that's like one of their private stuffs in life. I know you don't mean anything bad at all, but let's just avoid these types of private information from these artists.

lol i can’t believe someone will actually discuss shipping contestants. This is a season 20 spoiler thread when we only talk about spoilers and the contestants and who we think will win. Not relationships or any silly things! Especially with the contestants reading the forum, just don’t try and do that! 

• Like 2

Don't ship contestants y'all. That's gross.

Plenty of them are already in relationships of their own outside of the show and yes, even though we've had a ton of couples emerge from this show, that's their business. Shipping two fictional characters is far enough, let's not do it with real human beings.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Don't ship contestants y'all. That's gross.

Plenty of them are already in relationships of their own outside of the show and yes, even though we've had a ton of couples emerge from this show, that's their business. Shipping two fictional characters is far enough, let's not do it with real human beings.

when i said that i got a laughing reaction from the person (lmao), hopefully it'll stop though cause it really is gross

Edited by QueenCami

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

Honestly, if Zania takes that finale spot on Team Legend, I won't ask for more that would already be a huge achievement

She might have a shot after we´ve seen them both in the battles, but Victor hasn´t pulled out the gospel card yet.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

She might have a shot after we´ve seen them both in the battles, but Victor hasn´t pulled out the gospel card yet.

You think Zania was better than Victor individually? I actually think Victor was better individually than her.

im excited for her KO though, because she hasn’t wowed me yet

2 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

You think Zania was better than Victor individually? I actually think Victor was better individually than her.

I preferred his audition to hers, but she blew him away in the battles in my opinion. Hell, I thought Deion beat him too.

We´ll see how things even out in the KOs, and like I said, he still has the gospel card, which should be saved for playoffs.

14 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

I wasn't a huge fan of Victor's blind based on some of the vocal choices he made ( I still remember you were very surprised when I ranked Christine's blind ahead of his initially), but I loved his battle. He was charismatic, vocally on-point, had excellent stage presence, and overall just gave us an amazing performance. I'm excited to see what he does with My Girl, cause that's definitely a cool song. I'd love to see him alternate fun songs like "U Got It Bad" and more serious, intimate ones like "My Girl" so we can get the best of both worlds.

You probably know that I'm a huge Zania/Ryleigh fan, but I wouldn't be too mad at a Victor/Zania top 2 if Victor meets/exceeds expectations in the next two rounds. (Though I would love Ryleigh to go through, she's so unique!)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, QueenMae16 said:

If we are shipping anyone. It should be Pete and the "Bus" coming his way, cause with a KO song choice that he received, it might not go well with the audience.

Jordan and the "Bus" could be shipped too. "Lips Of An Angel" is coming!

I ship Blake with his old mullet; bring back Blake's mullet, y'all! He and Kenzie can do a mullet showdown in the finale where they duet Jay Powell's "The Mullet Song!"

• Haha 1

Ever since we got the full spoilers, I had a hunch that Victor would be a contestant who wouldn’t live up to his blind. John has had a few of those (Celia, Will :stealth:, Mike, John H) so let’s see if that trend continues.

Edited by Daillon

17 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Ever since we got the full spoilers, I had a hunch that Victor would be a contestant who wouldn’t live up to his blind. John has had a few of those (Celia, Will :stealth:, Mike, John H) so let’s see if that trend continues.

Mike J. and John H. had technically very impressive performances (though I wasn't a fan of John). In contrast, honestly, to me, there's not much to "live up to" for Victor's blind. It was good, yeah, but nothing insurmountable.

I in fact think his battle was already better than his blind, but I suspect that's an unpopular opinion.

Edited by QueenCami
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I don´t expect his KO to live up to his blind given that (I think), he´s performing "My Girl" straightforwardly, just like the original one (Someone please correct me if I´m wrong). I´m expecting a good vocal, solid enough to win, but nothing mindblowing.

As for the others you mentioned, you could make a case for the first three (Although I think Will´s best performance was "My Body"), but John H delivered technically impressive performances throughout his run with the exception of the finale, even if IDF wasn´t a fan of his tone or vocal choices. 

• Like 3