The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Ryleigh has a cover of "Use Somebody" on her Instagram & if her KO is anything like that, I have a feeling I'm gonna love it. 

Yes, I know I'm preparing myself for disappointment. 

Edited by Angeles
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Well, people kept commenting Allegra as if A-Kid is misremembering who sang it. Both Brynn and Allegra sang it and they both did PHENOMENAL. 😍

Oh, the way I meant it was more as someone else sang it actually on the show.

Also, congrats on 2021 posts lmao

3 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Ryleigh has a cover of "Use Somebody" on her Instagram & if her KO is anything like that, I have a feeling I'm gonna love it. 

Ryleigh never disappoints, don't worry :wink: actually i didn't like her blind but we'll ignore that in favor of her iconic battle and soon-to-be iconic ko

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, Angeles said:

Yeah, I love that cover! 🤩 I’m really excited for her KO.

• Like 3

This is how I believe it´s gonna go for IDF´s taste (FOR THE TOP 16/4 way KO)

LOVED:

Zania (People are worshiping her 3 second snippet lol. She sounded great though)

Dana (No brainer)

Cam (Another no brainer)

Savanna W (It´s Soundgarden, what´s not to love)

Corey (The SAL version is gorgeous, and he exceeds at emoting. Plus he´s well liked here)

Ryleigh (Her battle was really well recieved. I have a feeling IDF might prefer Corey but she´s still gonna get praise)

Pia (This might be her big moment).

LIKED:

Rachel (I expect this to maybe not be as good as her battle)

Gihanna (She has some devoted fans here that will love this, but Emily Luther comparisons might arise).

Zae (He´s a bit controversial after defeating Lindsay, but maybe he´ll step it up and IDF will recognize it)

Anna (She´s also a bit controversial, I expect people to say that Gihanna fairly won)

Carolina (mostly BK, Disney, QueenCami and a kid)

RESPECTED BUT NOT NECESSARILY LIKED:

Victor (I´m expecting the same from his battle. Good not great)

Jordan (Song right up his alley, but he´s not IDF´s cup of tea)

Kenzie (I´m expecting him to do great, but the song choice won´t sit well with some of IDF. Hell, Fishin in the Dark didn´t)

Devan (This might be a step down from his battle, but his battle praise might remain a bit)

DISLIKED:

Pete (I still believe I will enjoy it, since I love his tone either way, but since IDF always tanks him even when he does great, they are going to come for him on this one)

Emma (BK will like it, but if nerves interfered, I don´t think IDF will)

Andrew (That steal)

Jose (IDF will still find a way to criticize those 20 seconds lol)

Edited by Misirlou
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

This is how I believe it´s gonna go for IDF´s taste (FOR THE TOP 16/4 way KO)

LOVED:

Zania (People are worshiping her 3 second snippet lol. She sounded great though)

Dana (No brainer)

Cam (Another no brainer)

Corey (The SAL version is gorgeous, and he exceeds at emoting. Plus he´s well liked here)

Ryleigh (Her battle was really well recieved. I have a feeling IDF might prefer Corey but she´s still gonna get praise)

Gihanna (I have a feeling she´s gonna step it up here and IDF will go nuts for it despite the initial criticism).

LIKED:

Rachel (I expect this to maybe not be as good as her battle)

Zae (He´s a bit controversial after defeating Lindsay, but maybe he´ll step it up and IDF will recognize it)

Anna (She´s also a bit controversial, I expect people to say that Gihanna fairly won)

Carolina (mostly BK, Disney, QueenCami and a kid)

RESPECTED BUT NOT NECESSARILY LIKED:

Victor (I´m expecting the same from his battle. Good not great)

Jordan (Song right up his alley, but he´s not IDF´s cup of tea)

Kenzie (I´m expecting him to do great, but the song choice won´t sit well with some of IDF. Hell, Fishin in the Dark didn´t)

DISLIKED:

Pete (I still believe I will enjoy it, since I love his tone either way, but since IDF always tanks him even when he does great, they are going to come for him on this one)

Andrew (That steal)

I agree to pretty much all of this. I'm a little torn on Carolina cause the sources say she was good and very emotional, but on the other hand, we don't know about whether there were still excessive riffs/runs and it's not like she can/would change her tone, which might be part of the criticism in itself. I think if it's more emotional though, she'd be cutting down on the runs (especially since the bigger notes "anyone, please send me anyone" don't usually have runs in them i think). 

Maybe I'd move Pete up to respected but not liked, cause apparently he did great despite the bus attempt. I probably won't like it 'cause I don't like his tone, but given that there are several users who do like Pete, I think that warrants moving him up to at least "respected." 

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This might be the knockout I’m most excited to hear....Savanna is out of this world if you ask me

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I haven’t heard a lot of Pete criticism or at least not at the top of my head, only that he’s competitors with Cam which is most’s favorite. But no one is giving him the same amount of criticism as others like Jordan, Avery or Kenzie. I think sources overhyped his battle and even though it was good it was sooo short. I like Pete, but he hasn’t been receiving the best show treatment other than the premiere (which was probably just because of him being Blake’s old band mate = good TV)

Edited by TheVoiceFan2

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

LOVED:

Gihanna (I have a feeling she´s gonna step it up here and IDF will go nuts for it despite the initial criticism).

I disagree with this one, in fact I predict that some people will be disappointed. Emily's shadow is probably too large for some people, and that's the version everyone will bring up when judging the performance.

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

but on the other hand, we don't know about whether there were still excessive riffs/runs and it's not like she can/would change her tone, which might be part of the criticism in itself.

I’m more concerned about the arrangement, they didn’t let her do her thing. They did an amazing job with that battle song and part of it was the arrangement, I think it’s one of her strengths. Instead of that she’s stuck with the Demi version and I don’t know how it will be received. At least she’ll do better than Faye the no chair from last season

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I haven’t heard a lot of Pete criticism or at least not at the top of my head, only that he’s competitors with Cam which is most’s favorite. But no one is giving him the same amount of criticism as others like Jordan, Avery or Kenzie. I think sources overhyped his battle and even though it was good it was sooo short. I like Pete, but he hasn’t been receiving the best show treatment other than the premiere (which was probably just because of him being Blake’s old band mate = good TV)

I think the battle lived up to what I was expecting. I really enjoyed it, but sadly it was cut, hence it didn´t hit with that big of a punch. 

5 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

I actually think Pete will end up in the LIKED category, despite the song choice.

Maybe. I might be basing it on the song choice more probably.

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I disagree with this one, in fact I predict that some people will be disappointed. Emily's shadow is probably too large for some people, and that's the version everyone will bring up when judging the performance.

I think she’ll be able to show more range, power and belting than with her battle song. I don’t know if it will be as masterful as Emily’s version but she’ll gain some momentum

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

That is true, there might be some Emily comparisons. I actually forgot about that. I´ll probably move her to the "liked" category.

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Emma (BK and A-Kid will like it, but if nerves interfered, I don´t think IDF will)

FTFY ;) 

15 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Andrew (That steal)

Sad Cry GIF

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Miracle Snakes GIF Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Honestly though, as much as I'd love for that to happen, it probably won't. Knowing how IDF users, nah lmao

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

FTFY ;) 

Sad Cry GIF

Miracle Snakes GIF Ncaa Football Please GIF by ESPN College Football

Honestly though, as much as I'd love for that to happen, it probably won't. Knowing how IDF users, nah lmao

In conclusion, I know many here won't like my favorites' knockout performances/decisions, so I gotta stay away for a while on this when the knockouts come ;) :haha:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Daillon said:

I think it'll either be loved/liked. Depends on whether she lived up to the source comments. She probably will for me, so we'll see what IDF thinks.

51 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Am I the only one who found Corey/Savanna underwhelming? :unsure: I’m not hyping myself up too much for his KO (I think I’ll love it since I enjoyed Corey’s parts in his battle for the most part, but I don’t want to be disappointed.) 

Nah, his battle was perfectly fine, i think you just dislike Savanna. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

DISLIKED:

Andrew (That steal)

So, in other words, Pete vs. Andrew will be IDF’s favorite KO pairing. :giggle:

• Haha 1