The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I'm curious to see what sort of edit they do for Lain or if he might end up getting montaged. I can't remember what was said about how he actually did in his blind performance, I'm only remembering what happened with Kelly and I'm not convinced the producers will milk that moment.

41 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Based on....?

With the format of Season 9, Thunderstorm, Todd and Toneisha would have been hands down the Top 3. Megan, Zan and Joanna (considering her horrible song choice in the Top 9) would've been bottom 3. That would've left with CamWess, Micah and Allegra in the Middle 3 competing for the Instant Save. I think Allegra would've had a decent chance of winning the Save and making it to the finale. (In 4th place, but still)

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

With the format of Season 9, Thunderstorm, Todd and Toneisha would have been hands down the Top 3. Megan, Zan and Joanna (considering her horrible song choice in the Top 9) would've been bottom 3. That would've left with CamWess, Micah and Allegra in the Middle 3 competing for the Instant Save. I think Allegra would've had a decente chance of winning the Save and making it to the finale. (In 4th place, but still)

I can’t see Allegra winning that hypothetical IS imo (I would say Joanna had a better chance than Allegra), but we will never know.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

I can’t see Allegra winning that hypothetical IS imo (I would say Joanna had a better chance than Allegra), but we will never know.

That plus Team Blake's got the biggest backing force in all of the hardcore Blake stans who'll vote for whoever he has vs. Team Nick being more of a gamble in terms of fan backing.

Just now, roundtown said:

I'm curious to see what sort of edit they do for Lain or if he might end up getting montaged. I can't remember what was said about how he actually did in his blind performance, I'm only remembering what happened with Kelly and I'm not convinced the producers will milk that moment.

I think he's gonna be shown, but they probably will find a way to edit Kelly out (AKA not showing her since she didnt even pitch apparently). Its his battle I'm mostly certain that will be montaged since apparently it wasnt good on both sides.

11 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

With the format of Season 9, Thunderstorm, Todd and Toneisha would have been hands down the Top 3. Megan, Zan and Joanna (considering her horrible song choice in the Top 9) would've been bottom 3. That would've left with CamWess, Micah and Allegra in the Middle 3 competing for the Instant Save. I think Allegra would've had a decente chance of winning the Save and making it to the finale. (In 4th place, but still)

It could have gone one of many ways...not “easily” made the top 4/5, which is what I responded to. All we know is she couldn’t beat the 3rd place finisher. She might have been able to, if it weren’t for the mumbling, which proved to be extremely polarizing, and probably cost her a lot of votes. Hell, she might have even been able to get 1st or 2nd place. The runner-up spot was certainly up for grabs, at least. That was my point.  

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I was also critical of Allegra’s enunciation. It’s probably the reason she didn’t go further. I don’t think it was just minivan. It was a real thing, as it clearly is with Ian. Of course, some of minivan will give him a pass, like you said. It was Blake’s job to thin the herd and he failed. 

oh, i meant it as a question, i didn't check facebook to see how minivan reacted, but it's clear that they didn't like it i guess. i guess we just have to wait and see how minivan takes to ian

I still feel like in Lain and Chloe’s battle, Lain would have been the smarter choice (Chloe was boring, she wasn’t as interesting). 
- I don’t think Lain did that bad, it just wasn’t up to par on what he did in his blinds. Gwen stated that Lain was her #1 favorite in her team...and she was bummed to let him go.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

I still feel like in Lain and Chloe’s battle, Lain would have been the smarter choice (Chloe was boring, she wasn’t as interesting). 
- I don’t think Lain did that bad, it just wasn’t up to par on what he did in his blinds. Gwen stated that Lain was her #1 favorite in her team...and she was bummed to let him go.

You attended the taping? If so, how were the other ones as well?

45 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

You attended the taping? If so, how were the other ones as well?

Larriah vs Carter (both were so good, I preferred Larriah)

John H vs Julia (John didn’t even hesitate to pick John H, and I feel like John H got the better parts of the song)

Jim vs John S (Jim was WAY BETTER)

Skylar vs Tanner (Tanner was very underwhelming, Skylar was a gem.

Cami vs James P (Gwen and Blake were shocked that Cami won, but I wasn’t. She was overall better...but James put a really, really good fight.)

• Like 2

Just a quick thought, with a regular format in season 18, we have a clear top 3 (Todd, Toneisha, Thunderstorm). That leaves Allegra, Joanna and maaaaaybe CamWess, fighting for 4th place. We have no particular reason to believe that someone else had an actual chance to make the Finale. 

Now, during the IS, Allegra sang "In My Blood" really well but she got a horrible pop-rock arrangement that didn't fit her style at all. With all that considered, I think it’s safe to say that Allegra wasn't intended to be a season 18 finalist, despite looking strong early on. 

Allegra deserved and had potential to make the Finale though. She just competed in the wrong season. 

1 minute ago, echoap said:

Just a quick thought, with a regular format in season 18, we have a clear top 3 (Todd, Toneisha, Thunderstorm). That leaves Allegra, Joanna and maaaaaybe CamWess, fighting for 4th place. We have no particular reason to believe that someone else had an actual chance to make the Finale. 

Now, during the IS, Allegra sang "In My Blood" really well but she got a horrible pop-rock arrangement that didn't fit her style at all. With all that considered, I think it’s safe to say that Allegra wasn't intended to be a season 18 finalist, despite looking strong early on. 

Allegra deserved and had potential to make the Finale though. She just competed in the wrong season. 

Iirc there was a leak on the votes and the placements (please correct me if I’m wrong and that was fake) but I remember it happening and it looked like this

Todd, Thunderstorm, Toneisha (top 3)

Allegra, Cammwess, Micah (middle 3)

Joanna, Megan, Zan (bottom 3)

4 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

Iirc there was a leak on the votes and the placements (please correct me if I’m wrong and that was fake) but I remember it happening and it looked like this

I actually think Micah would have won the IS lol. It was his finale performances that brought him down...I always saw him above CammWess.

Edited by Ottoship
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

LOL, that was clearly fake. 

She may have made it, but all

we know is that she needed the coach save to make T9, got beat by another member of her team in the semi final, and didn’t get the instant save for the 5th spot. The rest is pure speculation with little evidence to back it up. 

2 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I'm 99.9% sure that leak was fake. We'll never know the actual results. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

we know is that she needed the coach save to make T9, got beat by another member of her team in the semi final, and didn’t get the instant save for the 5th spot. The rest is pure speculation with little evidence to back it up. 

Yes, all we know is that she placed somewhere between 4~9th. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

LOL, that was clearly fake. 

42 minutes ago, echoap said:

I'm 99.9% sure that leak was fake. We'll never know the actual results. 

yes lol, the leak was very very off, it showed allegra close behind thunderstorm and showed allegra having more support than toneisha iirc

20 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Is Payge sort of a female Thunderstorm? I haven’t listened to a bunch of her stuff, but I’m getting that vibe a little. 

I think same family, but Payge leans slightly more rock. I also wonder if they’ll let her play guitar. 

• Like 2