The Voice S19 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

6 hours ago, VintageVoice said:

Coaches say that all the time - "I should've/would've turned for you" and then they don't. So even if Adam said that I'm taking it with a grain of salt.

Chris definitely would've been at least a three-chair turner had there been more slots left when he auditioned.

i notice this a lot, and it irks me a lot, but there's probably something in specific they're looking for or some reason for them not turning

in chris' case, adam's reaction (looking at alicia and gesturing as if to say "just press your button now!") probably merits a turn imo, but the coaches can be weird about chair turns, so i may be wrong lol

Just throwing these back up for a reminder on the KO feedback:

On 9/22/2020 at 6:51 PM, Someone648 said:

Some feedback (taping 1):

Casme vs. Tamara:

-All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme

-Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

-Kelly praised her "unique" take on the song

-Tamara was praised by all the coaches for her personality and her connection to her song. Gwen pointed out her "quirkiness"

-Tamara added some lyrics/ad libs

-John said her "body was connected" to the performance, which made all the difference

DeSz vs. Sid

-DeSz had a strong performance according to all sources

-Coaches commented that DeSz kept on outdoing herself

-Apparently there was a nice key change in there that "solidified" her strong performance

-Sid was very strong and gritty and "gave DeSz a run for her money"

-Kelly felt stupid for pairing them (of course)

-Blake's steal pitch was about how John let him go before and he shouldn't trust him again, plus Blake apparently "never" steals contestants in KOs that weren't originally his (a wiki check kills that immediately lol). Sid chose Blake

Carter vs. Chloe

-Gwen screamed "My baby!" at Carter when he began.

-Carter sang his song apparently a few semitones higher than the original (???)

-Carter was pretty good overall, but one source said it didn't really feel special

-The coaches loved Chloe's performance and were genuinely stunned that she was able to perform the way she did.

-Gwen was surprised at how much Chloe had improved from her rehearsal and asked Chloe how she got even better/Chloe said something about believing in herself, etc.

-John picked Chloe as the winner and said that he didn't expect to use his steal on her.

Ben vs. Worth the Wait

-Mixed feedback for Ben from the sources - someone said he messed up a part, another said he was generic

-The coaches repeated and repeated how "consistent" his vocals were. John used the word "boring" in his feedback but it was taken out of context and the coaches kept poking fun at him

-WTW started acapella, transitioned to a slow version, and ended with a hoedown/upbeat version of the song

-Coaches stated it was their best performance yet. Kelly praised each member individually

-Sources generally liked WTW overall

-More than one source said they groaned when Gwen stole Ben. Gwen said she wanted her "country moment" and said she was initially saving her steal for someone else.

Marisa vs. Tanner

-Marisa played her own version of If I Could Turn Back Time on a keyboard

-John and Blake were talking to Marisa up until the literal moment that her song began.

-Marisa apparently started rough with unusual/weird vocals but she recovered fully by the end

-Sources were mixed on Tanner, a few though he was good, another one said he made the song sound like bro country

-Marisa gave a speech to the coaches about how she her performance showed off her "true artistry," etc. She also name dropped that she knows the woman who wrote the song.

-Kelly had a tough time picking

-When Kelly picked Tanner, apparently the hype guy commented something about Marisa's facial expression but the audience didn't see it.

-Marisa was "visibly shook" and on the verge of tears. Apparently she described that she felt *dagger motion to the heart*. She said she was heartbroken.

-Gwen apparently commented that she had been saving her steal for Marisa.

Cami vs. John

-Based on the "spooky" "dark" description that a source gave, I think it's fair to assume she did the Annie Lennox version?

-Everyone loved it, the coaches loved it, Kelly implied she'd steal.

-One source described it as the "best knockout pairing they'd ever seen"

-John nailed his performance. 

-Literally just positive stuff for both so I'll just end it here.

On 9/22/2020 at 7:27 PM, Someone648 said:

Taping 2 (there were only 2 people that gave detailed info..)

Jim vs. JusJon

-Yes, he cried. And yes, he actually did a great job according to the sources.

-All the coaches picked Jim

-JusJon "didn't do a bad job"

Payge vs. Ryan

-Payge received a standing ovation from all the coaches after her performance, and she was shaking after.

-They talked about Payge having an "out of body" experience

-The coaches loved Ryan as well

-One of the coaches said that they'd wished the KO occurred earlier (to steal)

-John commented that Payge gave one of the "best performances he'd seen on the show"

Bailey vs. Lauren

-Kelly said that they both needed to get "out of their heads"'

-Lauren was shakier than Bailey. She looked very nervous

-One source said "Lauren took her out by the metaphorical ponytail and beat her like a drum"

-Kelly picked Bailey, Gwen and Blake picked Lauren

Joseph vs. Van

-Joseph was "pitchy" according to a source, but the head voice/falsetto part was nice. Kelly said he was "choppy" but stilled picked him over Van.

-Van: "It was... something."  Blake thought Van was "distracting with his staging" (?)

-Gwen said Van's song was "weird" for the setting.

-John actually picked Van over Joseph

The 4-Way KO

-Apparently it took a long time to set up and some people were talking about how attractive Ryan was.

-Not much feedback here other than everyone was good?

Ian vs. James

-Ian did "better than expected"

-James made the unusual song choice "work" according to a source

-John picked James because of his "range"

-Gwen and Kelly picked Ian, but Kelly had a lot of praise for James

-Apparently James was mad but neither source actually saw what happened/if he stormed off a certain way or anything.

Kelsie vs. Madeline

-Kelsie did the "go down" lyric. Blake commented on the fact that she left the lyric in afterward. Gwen thought the song was "wrong for the setting"

-A source said "she gave 200%"

-The same source said Madeline was "good except one part"

-All the coaches commented on Madeline's "connection to the song"

-Kelly, as always, took "forever to decide" but Kelsie was "so great about [losing]"

I'm still shaking my head that Gwen put Payge and Ryan together for the Knockouts.  Granted, she had no way of knowing, but the logical choice was Payge against Joseph, and Ryan against Van.  Then, she could've maintained two of her strongest and let go of her two obvious weak links, especially since they both flopped, anyway.

• Like 4

I think the Top 17 would have been perfect if this was the lineup (I'm not changing the steals).

Kelly: Desz, Kelsie/Marisa, Tanner, Cami

John: John H, Tamara, Lauren, Chloe

Blake: Jim, WTW, Taryn, Sid

Gwen: Payge, Ryan, Carter, Ben

Chloe and Ben were weak steals..unless they pulled a Max Boyle but I doubt it. I'm shocked that John paired Cami and John H, because both are finale material. I think Marisa and Kelsie are more experienced singers than Madeline C and Ryan over Joseph ANY DAY! Payge is definitely Gwen's frontrunner, I think she'll be in the ALL premieres....possibly a battle pimp spot. I think Skylar was robbed, she sounded really good in her battle (even Blake favored her over a male country singer).

1 hour ago, realityshownerd said:

Chloe and Ben were weak steals..unless they pulled a Max Boyle but I doubt it. I'm shocked that John paired Cami and John H, because both are finale material. I think Marisa and Kelsie are more experienced singers than Madeline C and Ryan over Joseph ANY DAY! Payge is definitely Gwen's frontrunner, I think she'll be in the ALL premieres....possibly a battle pimp spot. I think Skylar was robbed, she sounded really good in her battle (even Blake favored her over a male country singer).

Payge's battle was the only one to end in a double steal, so I wouldn't be surprised to see her close the premiere of the battles. Her audition should be week one (potentially on opening night but definitely before the pimp slot of episode 2), and her KO's a little more up in the air because while she and Ryan both did well, she's also part of a KO that didn't end in a steal - I don't see her getting montaged at the KO level, though.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

well, she's also part of a KO that didn't end in a steal - I don't see her getting montaged at the KO level, though.

Especially since the coaches gave her a Standing O.... I don’t think they would montage her KO

• Like 1

1 hour ago, realityshownerd said:

I think if John stole Chloé, she had a great performance. John is known for being really picky and he wouldn’t have just stolen someone based on an average performance. Her knockout is the one I’m most excited to see tbh. I’m expecting a full on Tayler Green moment from her.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Same, he should have changed the pairings so he could stay with both as Cami, John H and Tamara were his strongest contestants IMO

I agree honestly. But now Kelly has even more of a chance to win with Desz or Cami. So that's exciting. And how many Blinds do you think they will montage if any???

3 minutes ago, TheVoiceFan2 said:

I think if John stole Chloé, she had a great performance. John is known for being really picky and he wouldn’t have just stolen someone based on an average performance. Her knockout is the one I’m most excited to see tbh. I’m expecting a full on Tayler Green moment from her.

I have to remind you that he stole Celia Babini in Season 16?

• Haha 6

45 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I think Payge should do R&B for the long run of her music career but on the show I think she can win of she continue to do songs like her battle and KO I see her doing songs that Chloe and Addison has done and just the pop ballads

Payge is an Indy-rock, Americana style artist, why on earth would she do R&B?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, BigMac454 said:

I agree honestly. But now Kelly has even more of a chance to win with Desz or Cami. So that's exciting. And how many Blinds do you think they will montage if any???

They’re montaging a few, probably Casme and a couple from Blake’s team.

Just now, BigMac454 said:

I figure thay they'll pull a S15 and short clip (not montage) some of the one chair turns.

Because there are a lot of one chairs, they’ll probably montage a few of them

Here are the few that I think won’t be montaged

- Madeline C (She’s in T17)

- Bailey G (also in T17)

- Ian (one of the better one chair turns, also in T17)

- Chloe H (T17)

- Eli (Spanish connection with Kelly)

- James P (last blind audition)

- JusJon (one of Blake’s non country people)

59 minutes ago, moonlighty said:

Same, he should have changed the pairings so he could stay with both as Cami, John H and Tamara were his strongest contestants IMO

i think that he should have dropped one of them because otherwise one would definitely get robbed in POs. However, I think Cami was not a strong choice for this; dropping Tamara for Blake to pick up would have been good imo, because John and Tamara both occupy the RnB lane, so John H. and Cami would not be stealing votes from each other in later rounds? 

9 minutes ago, Ottoship said:

Because there are a lot of one chairs, they’ll probably montage a few of them

Here are the few that I think won’t be montaged

- Madeline C (She’s in T17)

- Bailey G (also in T17)

- Ian (one of the better one chair turns, also in T17)

- Chloe H (T17)

- Eli (Spanish connection with Kelly)

- James P (last blind audition)

- JusJon (one of Blake’s non country people)

Ian was a one chair, eh? Maybe they will montage him to try to prevent a country takeover. There is so much male country this season, and they will likely want to keep it to one or two, post playoff. 

So, I very briefly checked out his YT, and noticed a couple things. 

- He’s a fantastic guitar player. 
- He has a mumbly tone that might prove to be polarizing with the audience. He doesn’t pronounce the “R” and the “W.” I don’t care for it, honestly. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Ian was a one chair, eh? Maybe they will montage him to try to prevent a country takeover. There is so much male country this season, and they will likely want to keep it to one or two, post playoff. 

- He has a mumbly tone that might prove to be polarizing with the audience. He doesn’t pronounce the “R” and the “W.” I don’t care for it, honestly. 

do you remember how critical minivan was about allegra's enunciation (particularly in her KO)? i assume that they'd go easier on ian than her, so if they weren't too bothered then ian might still be fine

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That is his battle song, correct?

2 minutes ago, ashwinner said:

do you remember how critical minivan was about allegra's enunciation (particularly in her KO)? i assume that they'd go easier on ian than her, so if they weren't too bothered then ian might still be fine

I was also critical of Allegra’s enunciation. It’s probably the reason she didn’t go further. I don’t think it was just minivan. It was a real thing, as it clearly is with Ian. Of course, some of minivan will give him a pass, like you said. It was Blake’s job to thin the herd and he failed. 

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I was also critical of Allegra’s enunciation. It’s probably the reason she didn’t go further. I don’t think it was just minivan. It was a real thing, as it clearly is with Ian. Of course, some of minivan will give him a pass, like you said. It was Blake’s job to thin the herd and he failed. 

The only reason she didn’t go further was because she was up against Thunderstorm and the format twist in the semi finals. Otherwise she would’ve easily made the Top 4/5.

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Here We Go Again GIF

• Haha 1