Jump to content

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, French20 said:

 

they put Gwen / Blake well, and I don't necessarily see where the difference is between them ...

Wait... are you saying Gwen and Blake are similar coaches? They are nothing alike genre-wise

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, antikid said:

This has to be a joke, right? Right?!

 

no, he told me that Jessie J and Kelly would have the same tendencies, hence the fact that Jessie J would only coach to replace Kelly

 

except that Blake and Gwen look very very very often on the same people, and very often are just both on one talent

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, French20 said:

 

no, he told me that Jessie J and Kelly would have the same tendencies, hence the fact that Jessie J would only coach to replace Kelly

 

except that Blake and Gwen look very very very often on the same people, and very often are just both on one talent


:huh: I would say Kelly and Blake have similar taste (most of the time), but Gwen and Blake??? Compare their teams in previous seasons and you’ll see that they are nothing alike.

  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daillon said:


:huh: I would say Kelly and Blake have similar taste (most of the time), but Gwen and Blake??? Compare their teams in previous seasons and you’ll see that they are nothing alike.

 

I'm not talking about the teams, but about the choices to look back on a talent, and very often they are both to have looked back on the same talent

watch in season 17, they were very often the only ones to turn around for a talent

Link to post
Share on other sites

Predictions for how this season's Playoffs will go (assuming we get 2 PVs and a coach save):

  • Kelly: Tanner (PV), Cami (PV), Desz (CS) --> Tanner is generic country, which gives him a clear shot past the playoffs; Cami and Desz could go either way, but given Cami is a more "unique" artist within the talent pool she might beat out Desz. If Kelly is smart, she'll pick Desz over Madeline. Madeline could beat Cami, but going off of Kelly's previous teams she has some luck getting her KO/Cross Battle steals through the Playoffs via PV (Rod and Max) so that's why I have Cami at the advantage here. Should Team Kelly win the 4-way KO, he's likely done after the playoffs.
  • Gwen: Carter (PV), Ben (PV), Payge (CS) --> Carter is a kid, Minivan loves kids; Ben is country, so if he gets an okay song he'll likely make it; Payge would be my preference for a second PV but given she's in a less traditionally favored genre she might be at risk of needing the save; Joseph is toast given I wouldn't be surprised to see his KO montaged based on source feedback and there are other stronger artists in a similar lane on the other teams. I can see Ben and Payge switching spots here. If Team Gwen gets the 4-way KO, then I'd say Larriah could go anywhere on this list.
  • John: Tamara (PV), John (PV), Bailey (CS) --> Tamara seems the strongest PV candidate on Team Legend, with John hot on her heels; Bailey seems to be "John's artist of fascination" this go around, which should net her a coach save. Chloe seems like she's hit her ceiling, unfortunately. If Team Legend gets the 4-way KO, then her ceiling is here with a shot at a wild card (if it happens).
  • Blake: Jim (PV), Ian (PV), WTW (CS) --> Jim is similar to Todd, so I can see that hurting him but he's also one of the strongest on Team Blake so he should be fine; Ian's going more the Luke Combs-y route which reminds me of Hoot, and Minivan doesn't like big groups so I can see that hurting WTW; WTW stands out as a group and Blake seems to really like them, so they're my first pick for the save over Sid. Of the teams, Blake's the only one without at least one clear front-runner, so it's wide-open and I could be totally wrong on this. If Team Blake wins the 4-way KO, then Ian's likely out.

 

We don't know how the live rounds will be setup yet, so I could be totally wrong and there could be only one PV and a coach save, and if that's the case here's my guesses for who will be cut from each team, along with who would be most likely to go into a Wild Card pool:

 

  • Kelly: Cami and Madeline
  • Gwen: Ben and Joseph
  • John: Chloe and Bailey
  • Blake: Ian and Sid

With those eight on the chopping block, here's my Wild Card guesses with the winner bolded:

  • Cami Clune
  • Ben Allen
  • Chloe Hogan
  • Ian Flanigan

Minivan likes Kelly more than John and Ben vs. Ian could split country votes, so that makes it easier for Cami to win.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, French20 said:

 

I'm not talking about the teams, but about the choices to look back on a talent, and very often they are both to have looked back on the same talent

watch in season 17, they were very often the only ones to turn around for a talent

Gwen & John turned more than Gwen & Blake in season 17.  

Edited by LilBrooklyn18
Link to post
Share on other sites

Crackpot Theory #2: Worth the Wait is Blake's real TCO for the season, and a bus is headed for Jim on the Playoffs to ensure the girls get the PV.

 

*In MatPat's voice* but HEY, IT'S JUST A THEORY! A VOICE THEORY!

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 9
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Predictions for how this season's Playoffs will go (assuming we get 2 PVs and a coach save):

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

  • Kelly: Tanner (PV), Cami (PV), Desz (CS) --> Tanner is generic country, which gives him a clear shot past the playoffs; Cami and Desz could go either way, but given Cami is a more "unique" artist within the talent pool she might beat out Desz. If Kelly is smart, she'll pick Desz over Madeline. Madeline could beat Cami, but going off of Kelly's previous teams she has some luck getting her KO/Cross Battle steals through the Playoffs via PV (Rod and Max) so that's why I have Cami at the advantage here. Should Team Kelly win the 4-way KO, he's likely done after the playoffs.
  • Gwen: Carter (PV), Ben (PV), Payge (CS) --> Carter is a kid, Minivan loves kids; Ben is country, so if he gets an okay song he'll likely make it; Payge would be my preference for a second PV but given she's in a less traditionally favored genre she might be at risk of needing the save; Joseph is toast given I wouldn't be surprised to see his KO montaged based on source feedback and there are other stronger artists in a similar lane on the other teams. I can see Ben and Payge switching spots here. If Team Gwen gets the 4-way KO, then I'd say Larriah could go anywhere on this list.
  • John: Tamara (PV), John (PV), Bailey (CS) --> Tamara seems the strongest PV candidate on Team Legend, with John hot on her heels; Bailey seems to be "John's artist of fascination" this go around, which should net her a coach save. Chloe seems like she's hit her ceiling, unfortunately. If Team Legend gets the 4-way KO, then her ceiling is here with a shot at a wild card (if it happens).
  • Blake: Jim (PV), Ian (PV), WTW (CS) --> Jim is similar to Todd, so I can see that hurting him but he's also one of the strongest on Team Blake so he should be fine; Ian's going more the Luke Combs-y route which reminds me of Hoot, and Minivan doesn't like big groups so I can see that hurting WTW; WTW stands out as a group and Blake seems to really like them, so they're my first pick for the save over Sid. Of the teams, Blake's the only one without at least one clear front-runner, so it's wide-open and I could be totally wrong on this. If Team Blake wins the 4-way KO, then Ian's likely out.

 

 

We don't know how the live rounds will be setup yet, so I could be totally wrong and there could be only one PV and a coach save, and if that's the case here's my guesses for who will be cut from each team, along with who would be most likely to go into a Wild Card pool:

 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

  • Kelly: Cami and Madeline
  • Gwen: Ben and Joseph
  • John: Chloe and Bailey
  • Blake: Ian and Sid

With those eight on the chopping block, here's my Wild Card guesses with the winner bolded:

  • Cami Clune
  • Ben Allen
  • Chloe Hogan
  • Ian Flanigan

Minivan likes Kelly more than John and Ben vs. Ian could split country votes, so that makes it easier for Cami to win.
 

 

 

Honestly i'd be satisfied if this was the case, all my snowflakes are going through here

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Isn't it 17 - 9 - 5/4 though? So its only 1 PV and 1 CS per team with the 1 Wildcard winner, right?

They haven´t announced anything yet, but I´m assuming it´s gonna be like that.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Crackpot Theory #2: Worth the Wait is Blake's real TCO for the season, and a bus is headed for Jim on the Playoffs to ensure the girls get the PV.

 

*In MatPat's voice* but HEY, IT'S JUST A THEORY! A VOICE THEORY!

 

Not that crazy though. I think that's exactly what's going to happen. And there's a chance they won't need to bus Jim, perhaps he's not as charismatic as Todd or the Hoot. We'll see.

 

I personally don't believe Jim's frontrunner status yet. Another country guy dominating a season would be way too lazy, TPTB can do better than that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, echoap said:

Not that crazy though. I think that's exactly what's going to happen. And there's a chance they won't need to bus Jim, perhaps he's not as charismatic as Todd or the Hoot. We'll see.

 

I personally don't believe Jim's frontrunner status yet. Another country guy dominating a season would be way too lazy, TPTB can do better than that. 

Yeah but Minivan stans country and pastors sooooooo.

If somehow Jim is denied by Minivan, I will eat grass. 

If somehow Ben also wins with Gwen, I may jump off a cliff(don't worry, I'll have a parachute so I won't die!)

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Ranking of the post KO teams!

 

1) Team Kelly - This is weird because I never ever like her team, but she has great artists. Desz is an obvious favorite of mine, Cami is so good and she reminds me of Cami Bradley from AGT, Tanner is better than the average country singer and Madeline is really great too.

2. Team LEGEND - Only reason why this is below Kelly’s is because he has 2 fodder contestants: Bailey and Chloe. Tamara and John H are possibly the best vocalists this season!

3. Team Blake - Although only Jim could do finale damage, he doesn’t have a necessarily bad team. I think Sid is really good and WTW will probably be Blake’s save.

4. Team Gwen - I LOVE CARTER and to a lesser extent, Payge. But with so much competition, it’s gonna be hard for Payge to stand out, especially on Team Gwen. But I think Carter will do very well in this competition. Joseph shouldn’t have made it, I much prefer Ryan Beard who was ROBBED

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yeah but Minivan stans country and pastors sooooooo.

If somehow Jim is denied by Minivan, I will eat grass

If somehow Ben also wins with Gwen, I may jump off a cliff(don't worry, I'll have a parachute so I won't die!)

Already screenshotted the bolded part, just in case :haha:.

 

The average number of country contestants in the lives is usually two, so I'm guessing we're gonna have a country purge in the playoffs. And I don't think Ben is gonna make it, since Carter and Payge are looking dominant in that team. 

 

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, echoap said:

Already screenshotted the bolded part, just in case :haha:.

 

The average number of country contestants in the lives is usually two, so I'm guessing we're gonna have a country purge in the playoffs. And I don't think Ben is gonna make it, since Carter and Payge are looking dominant in that team. 

 

Payge probably has to be saved bc Carter will get PV.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Idk, apparently Jim has been really good in his three performances so far and has been a standout, so apart from the fact that he is a pastor, a family guy, and a country artist, he´s a great vocalist, that right there is a lethal combination. If they actually try to bus him and he flops, Minivan might actually give him a second chance. 

 

Perhaps it´s too early to crown him as the winner, I agree, but I don´t see a universe where he´s not embraced by the public, hell, I even think a lot of people here are gonna like him since he can actually sing.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

Yeah but Minivan stans country and pastors sooooooo.

If somehow Jim is denied by Minivan, I will eat grass. 

If somehow Ben also wins with Gwen, I may jump off a cliff(don't worry, I'll have a parachute so I won't die!)

Dramatic but also, same.

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Perhaps it´s too early to crown him as the winner, I agree, but I don´t see a universe where he´s not embraced by the public, hell, I even think a lot of people here are gonna like him since he can actually sing.

He's got potential, for sure. The show gets clearer as the season progresses, so I may change my mind in the future. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Idk, apparently Jim has been really good in his three performances so far and has been a standout, so apart from the fact that he is a pastor, a family guy, and a country artist, he´s a great vocalist, that right there is a lethal combination. If they actually try to bus him and he flops, Minivan might actually give him a second chance. 

 

Perhaps it´s too early to crown him as the winner, I agree, but I don´t see a universe where he´s not embraced by the public, hell, I even think a lot of people here are gonna like him since he can actually sing.

Totally - he does have a bit of a bigger challenge than usual considering he's coming in hot on the heels of two country artists winning, but even so I wouldn't be surprised to see him do really well on the show.

 

Just now, anonymouskid_35 said:

While I think Jessie J and Demi would be a good addition to the show, I really don't think they can get a new coach during these pandemic situation? I just see them bringing back an old coach. 

Especially Jessie since she's from the UK, and international travel is still dicey at best.

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Idk, apparently Jim has been really good in his three performances so far and has been a standout, so apart from the fact that he is a pastor, a family guy, and a country artist, he´s a great vocalist, that right there is a lethal combination. If they actually try to bus him and he flops, Minivan might actually give him a second chance. 

 

Perhaps it´s too early to crown him as the winner, I agree, but I don´t see a universe where he´s not embraced by the public, hell, I even think a lot of people here are gonna like him since he can actually sing.

 

Um he cried after his great  Knockout performace after after being asked why he picked that song and what it meant to him, talking about his two boys.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, katybay said:

 

Um he cried after his great  Knockout performace after after being asked why he picked that song and what it meant to him, talking about his two boys.....

lol, so why isn't he just crowned the winner already?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...