Y’all what if every powerhouse AA women this season gets not that popular/overshadowed  because of DESZ and Tamara just like in season 14 with Tish. IMO Tish was the sandyredd of season 14 she got tossed a million times, I think she was not that popular and did not get saved because of Queen Kyla, but Tish was a incredible AA women. Thank god none of this happend any AA women this season, but watch them not be that popular like Desz and Tamara. I hope this doesn’t happen and every AA women this season get the recognition they deserve.

Edited by VoiceTakeover890
  • Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

So going back over @Someone648's notes from the sources - 

• It seems like most of the Taping 1 KOs were evenly matched, even if they're weird pair-ups on paper.
  • Sid vs. Desz is almost certainly going to be a leaked KO, though I can also see Cami vs. John, Carter vs. Chloe, and Casme vs. Tamara being potentially on the short list for getting leaked.
  • I smell a Joseph vs. Van montage incoming (since this appears to be the lone KO where both parties were vocally shaky).
  • Bailey vs. Lauren might also be up on the chopping block if they montage multiple KOs.
  • Other than the two above, I don't see anyone else that seems likely to get short-changed here.
  • I really, really want to see Payge's KO right now - if it's even a tenth as good as Kimberly Nichole's, it's going to be spectacular.
  • I want to see how TPTB are going to handle Gwen's Carter comment as well as the two pissed-off losing contestants.
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, anonymouskid_35 said:

Oh man, I would've been more excited for Marisa than Ben 😬

hot mess i give up GIF

Me knowing that Gwen was planning on stealing Marisa and that she wasted her steal LITERALLY THE KNOCKOUT BEFORE on Ben's generic-country-boy-sounding self.

• Sad 2
3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

hot mess i give up GIF

Me knowing that Gwen was planning on stealing Marisa and that she wasted her steal LITERALLY THE KNOCKOUT BEFORE on Ben's generic-country-boy-sounding self.

Aggggggh

32 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Taping 2 (there were only 2 people that gave detailed info..)

Jim vs. JusJon

-Yes, he cried. And yes, he actually did a great job according to the sources.

-All the coaches picked Jim

-JusJon "didn't do a bad job"

Payge vs. Ryan

-Payge received a standing ovation from all the coaches after her performance, and she was shaking after.

-They talked about Payge having an "out of body" experience

-The coaches loved Ryan as well

-One of the coaches said that they'd wished the KO occurred earlier (to steal)

-John commented that Payge gave one of the "best performances he'd seen on the show"

Bailey vs. Lauren

-Kelly said that they both needed to get "out of their heads"'

-Lauren was shakier than Bailey. She looked very nervous

-One source said "Lauren took her out by the metaphorical ponytail and beat her like a drum"

-Kelly picked Bailey, Gwen and Blake picked Lauren

Joseph vs. Van

-Joseph was "pitchy" according to a source, but the head voice/falsetto part was nice. Kelly said he was "choppy" but stilled picked him over Van.

-Van: "It was... something."  Blake thought Van was "distracting with his staging" (?)

-Gwen said Van's song was "weird" for the setting.

-John actually picked Van over Joseph

The 4-Way KO

-Apparently it took a long time to set up and some people were talking about how attractive Ryan was.

-Not much feedback here other than everyone was good?

Ian vs. James

-Ian did "better than expected"

-James made the unusual song choice "work" according to a source

-John picked James because of his "range"

-Gwen and Kelly picked Ian, but Kelly had a lot of praise for James

-Apparently James was mad but neither source actually saw what happened/if he stormed off a certain way or anything.

Kelsie vs. Madeline

-Kelsie did the "go down" lyric. Blake commented on the fact that she left the lyric in afterward. Gwen thought the song was "wrong for the setting"

-A source said "she gave 200%"

-The same source said Madeline was "good except one part"

-All the coaches commented on Madeline's "connection to the song"

-Kelly, as always, took "forever to decide" but Kelsie was "so great about [losing]"

Well James Pyle walked off but you couldn't see and Carson made a face to the judges like yikes hes pissed.

The judges did say that both Bailey vs Lauren were in their heads, but just IMO i thought she was more raw.

So frustrating Gwen didn't steal Marisa or Lauren and went with her heart on a generic country dude....we were rooting for you Gwen

Edited by katybay
30 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

hot mess i give up GIF

So Gwen essentially wasted her steal on a generic country guy, when she was initially planning to use it on Marisa?

Gwen, what is up with you this season?!😡😡😡😡

32 minutes ago, jus.vshn said:

then the leaked audition which will be Tamara Jade

I'm still holding out for John Holiday as the leak (Kelly has the best "I'm blocked" reactions of the four and he's got the shock factor of being a man that can hit some pretty crazy high notes), but Tamara is my second guess for the leak.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

they won’t open and close with the same team

That happened in S11 with Alicia (opener and closer also were paired together in battles)

Edited by David68
1 minute ago, David68 said:

That happened in S11 with Alicia (opener and closer also were paired together in battles)

Yeah maybe. Then Desz will close Tuesday, and Cami, Jim and James (last) will get the pimp spot in the later weeks as well. Leaks will be Tamara, Desz, Taryn, Cami and maybe Worth the Wait. 

18 minutes ago, VoiceFan! said:

I think John Holiday should open the premiere and Desz would close it bc they won’t open and close with the same team

I can see one of them opening and one closing, but given the show's history of picking four-chairs as closers (over three-chairs, though a three-chair closing the premiere isn't unheard of) it's likely going to be Tamara or Desz - we know it can't be WTW since they filled a team, and Cami is unlikely since she was a Blake block and there were two attempted blocks on him before hand and I doubt that'd be tied into the premiere.

I can see Tamara/Desz closing the premiere, and I just have this gut feeling that Cami will close Tuesday night since we know they don't generally hold out on putting the blocks in later episodes of the blinds and the "Blake avoided a block twice then it got him eventually" narrative could be a good way to keep the viewers watching a longer-than-normal Tuesday episode, and they likely won't put two artists of the same genre as back-to-back episode closers.

Guesses for who closes the five blinds:

• Premiere: Tamara (unless she's leaked, but I doubt they'd put multiple four-chairs in an episode given how sparse they are this season)
  • Tuesday of Week 1: Cami (see above)
  • Episode 3: Jim (I feel like they're unlikely to put him in week one given the similarities to Todd who just won, and given he seems to be Blake's strongest bet for the PV in the playoffs he shouldn't need too huge of a fanbase boost in the way that being in the first week of blinds tends to give artists)
  • Episode 4: Desz (if she doesn't open an episode, I can't see them putting any of the four chairs in the middle of the crowd to risk them getting lost in people's minds)
  • Episode 5: James (he's the last spot of the season, so it has to go to him)

I can see them starting the season with John H. a la Katie Kadan, we only get to see him after someone turns around.

As for Tamara and Desz, they´re definitely closing an episode, but I don´t think they would have them closing back to back ones. Now that I revisited the whole thing, I´d say the closers will be:

Ep 1- Tamara (Closer of the first actual tape, so I don´t see why it shouldn´t be presented this way on the show)

Ep 2- Cami (She was a block, and they are usually done by Ep.3 like someone said earlier, so there´s that)

Ep 3- Desz (We meet Kelly´s frontrunner here often, like Jej when we actually was her main dog, Chevel, and Jake Hoot, so, it could happen)

Ep 4- Jim (I can see them pulling a Ricky Duran situation with him, making Blake seem like he has the weakest team and nobody picks him, and then Jim comes along )

Ep 5- James (By default the last blind)

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 2
Just now, Misirlou said:

I can see them starting the season with John H. a la Katie Kadan, we only get to see him after someone turns around.

Lmao we have the same episode closer order except for Desz and Jim, who we switched 😂

And I have the exact same feeling about how they're going to present John H. - someone's gotta be the shocker of the premiere and he definitely fits it the best of anyone who makes the lives and TPTB like to put artists who make the live rounds in the opening spot of the premiere.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

As for Tamara and Desz, they´re definitely closing an episode, but I don´t think they would have them closing back to back ones. Now that I revisited the whole thing, I´d say the closers will be:

Ep 1- Tamara (Closer of the first actual tape, so I don´t see why it shouldn´t be presented this way on the show)

Ep 2- Cami (She was a block, and they are usually done by Ep.3 like someone said earlier, so there´s that)

Ep 3- Desz (We meet Kelly´s frontrunner here often, like Jej when we actually was her main dog, Chevel, and Jake Hoot, so, it could happen)

Ep 4- Jim (I can see them pulling a Ricky Duran situation with him, making Blake seem like he has the weakest team and nobody picks him, and then Jim comes along )

Ep 5- James (By default the last blind)

I think she'll be a closer for episode 3 or 4. It'll be very easy for them to put a storyline for Kelly and Gwen both trying to block Blake with Madeline and Tori but him not turning around, but neither of them strike me as week 1 auditions imo. Plus, Cami was on the last day so it there's probably some stuff that the coaches said about their teams filling up, etc. that would be hard to edit out.

• Like 1
Just now, Someone648 said:

I think she'll be a closer for episode 3 or 4. It'll be very easy for them to put a storyline for Kelly and Gwen both trying to block Blake with Madeline and Tori but him not turning around, but neither of them strike me as week 1 auditions imo. Plus, Cami was on the last day so it there's probably some stuff that the coaches said about their teams filling up, etc. that would be hard to edit out.

That's a good point, if that's the case then it might go Tamara --> Jim --> Desz --> Cami --> James as closers.

I'm genuinely pretty sad about Lauren getting out so early. I liked her from her covers on insta, and I know that her KO was reportedly shaky, but I think she was a pretty interesting singer - even though she doesn't really fit the genre I usually like.

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I can see that as well, the "filling the teams" situation might be hard to edit, but we´ll see. 

As for Tori and Madeline, there has been quite a lot of fodder in Week 1 throughout the years of this show 😂, so I wouldn´t be totally shocked to see them placed there.

For some reason, Jim doesn´t strike me as a Week 1 audition, since apparently he was one of the best, and they need to spread the good auditions, especially considering we´re probably getting  Tamara, Taryn and John.H on that week. Of course, this is just a supposition, I could very well be wrong.

• Like 1