Just now, Zainab Tufail said:

I think the only person who can beat Jim is John Holiday it might be a repeat of s12 if John gets the over the top hyping and pimiping just like Chris Blue.

John's got the uphill battle of being on a stacked team and coached by Minivan's least favorite coach, but if it works out I have no complaints since John would be a much-appreciated change of pace in the winner's circle.

• Like 1
  • Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what are you on about lmao

Some tragic news regarding John and Chrissy:   https://twitter.com/chrissyteigen/status/1311517048858574848/photo/2      

Some feedback (taping 1): Casme vs. Tamara: -All the sources loved Tamara and spoke positively about Casme -Casme had a strong performance, although some high notes felt a bit "thin"

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

John's got the uphill battle of being on a stacked team and coached by Minivan's least favorite coach, but if it works out I have no complaints since John would be a much-appreciated change of pace in the winner's circle.

You're right if it's not Jim or Sid the person that I want to win is John H. He would definitely give a change to the winner's circle and also in the newer 7 seasons Chris B and Maelyn are the only  ones who are powerful vocalists which can sing in the 5th octave

Edited by Zainab Tufail
5 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

Don't mistake IDF's dislike for Team Minivan as a dislike for Blake himself.  Everyome knows there is no show without him

Imagining the show without Blake is like imagining a PB&J without the peanut butter - it just doesn't make sense. Blake draws the majority of the audience in, he has a surprisingly good ear for who the audience will like (he's only missed out on turning for Chris and Hoot of the winners, and his team was full by the time Chris showed up otherwise I have zero doubt Blake would've turned for him too), and he's a good balance of extrovert without being over-the-top personality-wise the way some of the panel's extroverts have been (Kelly and Miley especially).

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Imagining the show without Blake is like imagining a PB&J without the peanut butter - it just doesn't make sense. Blake draws the majority of the audience in, he has a surprisingly good ear for who the audience will like (he's only missed out on turning for Chris and Hoot of the winners, and his team was full by the time Chris showed up otherwise I have zero doubt Blake would've turned for him too), and he's a good balance of extrovert without being over-the-top personality-wise the way some of the panel's extroverts have been (Kelly and Miley especially).

Blake with 3 female coaches that would be great, but hey, in recent seasons there has not been a big change of coaches, it's a shame

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, echoap said:

As for Gwen's decision-making, she already has a pretty solid Team with Payge and Carter. Everything else is optional, imo.

I bet Payge and Carter will be PV recipients. Gwen will end up choosing Ben, so she can continue her “country moment.” :haha: 

Edited by Bk1234
1 minute ago, Bk1234 said:

I bet Payge and Carter will be PV recipients. Gwen will end up choosing Ben, so she can continue her “country moment.” :haha: 

I can live with Ben being the save in that situation considering it's him vs. Joseph; if Joseph apparently was pretty shaky in his KO, he will likely be montaged because of it, while Ben was just "generic" which is less of a death sentence than a montage - and he won't be montaged in the KOs since he was Gwen's steal.

12 minutes ago, echoap said:

As for Gwen's decision-making, she already has a pretty solid Team with Payge and Carter. Everything else is optional, imo.

I don't know why people are underestimating her team Carter and Payge are gOoD.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

You could argue Payge because the judges have been giving her lots of praise, but we haven’t heard anything from Carter aside from a few clips from years ago. 😅

7 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

You could argue Payge because the judges have been giving her lots of praise, but we haven’t heard anything from Carter aside from a few clips from years ago. 😅

Carter's the youngest in the competition, and Minivan loves kids on singing shows almost as much as country music; barring any major pitch problems in his playoffs performance, he's advancing past it (likely by PV, though a coach save isn't out of the realm of possibility since we don't know how Minivan's going to respond to the rest of Team Gwen and we know he's one of Gwen's favorites, if not her favorite).

9 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Carter's the youngest in the competition, and Minivan loves kids on singing shows almost as much as country music; barring any major pitch problems in his playoffs performance, he's advancing past it (likely by PV, though a coach save isn't out of the realm of possibility since we don't know how Minivan's going to respond to the rest of Team Gwen and we know he's one of Gwen's favorites, if not her favorite).

I was just commenting on how it is hard to say Carter is “good,” not his likelihood of going far. 🙃 

23 minutes ago, Zainab Tufail said:

They're great, but beginning with battles the overall appearance and strength of her team transformed completely because we latched on to people who we assumed would go farther than they did, like Lain, Lauren, and Liam - who all lost their battles.

14-year old boys and bluesy alt rock girls (I'm just randomly labeling Payge's exact genre based on what I hear in her voice and covers?) don't tend to get that much hype on IDF, and when they do, it's rarely to the degree that contestants like Tamara/DeSz, Jim, Cami, etc. do.

But yeah. They're just being underestimated because they weren't on many people's radar at the beginning compared to others.

Also Joseph and Ben are underwhelming, so both of them being in playoffs is a bit baffling. Especially if Joseph got heavily critical feedback two performances in a row.

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

They're great, but beginning with battles the overall appearance and strength of her team transformed completely because we latched on to people who we assumed would go farther than they did, like Lain, Lauren, and Liam - who all lost their battles.

14-year old boys and bluesy alt rock girls (I'm just randomly labeling Payge's exact genre based on what I hear in her voice and covers?) don't tend to get that much hype on IDF, and when they do, it's rarely to the degree that contestants like Tamara/DeSz, Jim, Cami, etc. do.

But yeah. They're just being underestimated because they weren't on many people's radar at the beginning compared to others.

Also Joseph and Ben are underwhelming, so both of them being in playoffs is a bit baffling. Especially if Joseph got heavily critical feedback two performances in a row.

Joseph and Ben are getting eliminated in playoffs. Lol imagine if 75% of this seasons country population gets eliminated in play offs

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Especially considering we discovered Carter much later than the rest of the contestants. 

• Like 2

My prediction for winner is Jim, and like someone else said, the only person who could maybe possibly beat him imo are Cami and John H, with the right pimping John H could pull a Chris Blue and win (I wouldn't complain), my predictions for finale are (Ik it's early but i like to speculate on finales lol):

Jim

Cami

John/Tamara (Probably John)

DeSz

Edited by moonlighty
  • Like 2
25 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I was just commenting on how it is hard to say Carter is “good,” not his likelihood of going far. 🙃 

Gotcha, though given he got John to turn and John is stupid picky, he has to be fairly solid.

• Like 1

Honestly, I really like Blake on this show, I just dislike his Death Eaters rabid followers who vote in large numbers, often keeping those who I like from winning. Honestly though, if my favorite won every season, it wouldn't be interesting anymore.

29 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Gotcha, though given he got John to turn and John is stupid picky, he has to be fairly solid.

I don't think that John turning means necessarily that the contestant is good, but rather that John didn't find anything to nitpick about in his or her performance. John turning seems to be a checklist; are they fully on pitch? Are they enunciating every word well? Can they do X? Can they do Y? 

1 minute ago, ashwinner said:

I don't think that John turning means necessarily that the contestant is good, but rather that John didn't find anything to nitpick about in his or her performance. John turning seems to be a checklist; are they fully on pitch? Are they enunciating every word well? Can they do X? Can they do Y? 

And pitch is one of the areas where a lot of the younger artists tend to struggle, so if he can sing on pitch and has decent technique there's hope for him yet. Granted, he's young enough his voice is still changing which is a challenge, but getting help from the show's vocal coaches is going to help him at least a bit.

• Like 1