American Idol Season 18 Top 10-or-11 Spoilers

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, mytake1 said:

Why are people assuming Jovin was saved?  He's been pulling in strong Facebook views.  Whereas Grace and Julia trailed.

I don't see how Grace would be the "judges tentative favorite" seeming that they didn't even pick her originally....Julia does make more sense, but Jovin just seems totally forgettable...and he is also a judges' favorite..also, Facebook views aren't votes...the online community is not an accurate representation of what's really going on...and who's getting votes...

Edited by kenboy123

4 hours ago, m1key said:

NOOOO LAUREN WAS ROBBEDT. 

Oh holy crap didn't even notice her absence. That's probably a shame; I didn't like her last week but that's to be expected when a contestant is covering Jessie J and I'm pretty sure that my personal tastes aside, it was a good performance.

Jonny and Julia did not give good performances. I can't remember Jonny giving a good performance since his audition, which is still more recent than Julia's last good performance.

But I highly doubt that they'll use a "save" at this point. "Wild Cards", maybe. But there'd be more than one of those.

This is the semifinals. There are no saves. 

5 hours ago, holinessss said:

here are some stats for comparisons

I almost got them right 🤩 In my original post, I said that I'm worried Lauren might not make it despite stellar stats because she's Canadian. 

So the top 11 includes 10 solid from votes and 1 person who they think the judges will save? Based on my stats, there's a high chance it is Grace, though it could be Julia, Makayla or Sophia. I highly doubt they would save Jovin, he's not a judge favourite.

I don't see the point of saving though. What if they save that person and then he/she gets eliminated again at the end of the episode? 🙄

Edited by Sept390

6 hours ago, m1key said:

Alright Ive finally taken this all in and honestly, this Top 10 is pretty great. Besides Louis and Jonnys presence, Im personally satisfied. For song choice predictions: Someone from California will sing "California Dreamin" and someone from New York will sing "Empire State of Mind" or "New York State of Mind." I also predict someone will sing Home by Diana Ross and Home by Phillip Phillips.

Isn't Phillip Phillips singing home as the guess performance. I doubt a contestant will sing Home.

8 hours ago, kenboy123 said:

I don't see how Grace would be the "judges tentative favorite" seeming that they didn't even pick her originally....Julia does make more sense, but Jovin just seems totally forgettable...and he is also a judges' favorite..also, Facebook views aren't votes...the online community is not an accurate representation of what's really going on...and who's getting votes...

But why would they Save Jovin?  The top 10 is already stacked with guys.  There's also at least 3 people of color - Arthur, Francisco, Sam.

The judges favorite I'm thinking is (in order or likeliness to unlikeliness) Julia, Jovin, Sophia, or Grace.

Sad that Kimmy didn't make it through, and sad that the diversity that the judges meticulously set up for this year's semifinalist was throw out the window right after America got the vote.

This top 11 is really solid. I personally would’ve liked to see Lauren Spencer on here over Jovin Webb and Makayla Phillips but I guess in past weeks I did like Makayla... Greedy was such a bad song choice

34 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

Sad that the diversity that the judges meticulously set up for this year's semifinalist was throw out the window right after America got the vote.

The same thing happened the last two seasons so I’m not surprised by it in the least. 

44 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But why would they Save Jovin?  The top 10 is already stacked with guys.  There's also at least 3 people of color - Arthur, Francisco, Sam.

That's the judge's "tentative" favorite...if it is Jovin, we don't know if he was saved or not....or whoever it is....and the top 10 isn't really "stacked with guys"...assuming it is Jovin the "judges tentative favorite"...the top 10 would be 5 guys and 5 girls...

Edited by kenboy123

7 hours ago, ScarletDevilCCX said:

Oh holy crap didn't even notice her absence. That's probably a shame; I didn't like her last week but that's to be expected when a contestant is covering Jessie J and I'm pretty sure that my personal tastes aside, it was a good performance.

Jonny and Julia did not give good performances. I can't remember Jonny giving a good performance since his audition, which is still more recent than Julia's last good performance.

But I highly doubt that they'll use a "save" at this point. "Wild Cards", maybe. But there'd be more than one of those.

This is the semifinals. There are no saves. 

Actually, I ranked Jonny’s performance in fourth, and put it the highest among the guys, behind Lauren, Kimmy and Just Sam (probably out of favoritism on Sam’s part as even I thought the song choice wasn’t great).  I put Julia’s song in the Top 10, but not as high as Jonny.

56 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

The judges favorite I'm thinking is (in order or likeliness to unlikeliness) Julia, Jovin, Sophia, or Grace.

Sad that Kimmy didn't make it through, and sad that the diversity that the judges meticulously set up for this year's semifinalist was throw out the window right after America got the vote.

Actually, there are three or four people of color in the Top 10 or 11:  Arthur, Francisco, Jovin and Just Sam.  Maybe not as much diversity as we’d like (especially amongst the girls), but it’s not like there were only two people of color, or worse, one, in the Top 10 or 11.

1 hour ago, redwood79 said:

The judges might choose to save Kimmy or Lauren though. We don't know yet

16 minutes ago, Sept390 said:

The judges might choose to save Kimmy or Lauren though. We don't know yet

It's unprobable, though, since the 11th person on this list is their favorite to go through, and even if Kimmy is saved, she will never get the recognition from the public vote she deserves (because the judge save will likely get cut going from T11-->T5)

1 hour ago, redwood79 said:

There's at least at 4 people of color - Arthur, Francisco, Sam, Jovin.  And it's very likely the winner will be among this group.

Edited by mytake1

8 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

There's at least at 4 people of color - Arthur, Francisco, Sam, Jovin.  And it's very likely the winner will be among this group.

Jovin isn't winning...and he probably wasn't even voted through...he's the 11th...

Just now, kenboy123 said:

Jovin isn't winning...and he probably wasn't even voted through...he's the 11th...

I didn't say he was winning.  I said the winner is likely going to be from this group (person of color).  I was making the point that diversity is actually well represented in the Top 10.

4 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I didn't say he was winning.  I said the winner is likely going to be from this group (person of color).  I was making the point that diversity is actually well represented in the Top 10.

and really who cares how many "people of color" there are anyways, you think we need to check boxes???

11 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

and really who cares how many "people of color" there are anyways, you think we need to check boxes???

I was responding to the post by Redwood79 who said there was no diversity in the Top 10.   On the contrary, I said there is. 

And there is no way Arthur, Francisco, Sam were not voted in by the public.

Edited by mytake1

14 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

I was responding to the post by Redwood79 who said there was no diversity in the Top 10.   On the contrary, I said there is. 

And there is no way Arthur, Francisco, Sam were not voted in by the public.

I didn't say there's no diversity.

My point is that once America gets the vote every year, white contestants skew higher than they should be.

While it's true Arthur, Francisco, and Sam ARE part of the Top 10, we don't know how far up they are. They should most DEFINITELY be the Top 3, but who knows if they are. It just goes to show how contestants of color have to be STUNNING talent to get Top 10 because these three are definitely the standouts of the season, while mediocre white contestants can also push into Top 10.

TO ILLUSTRATE assuming Jovin is the potential save...

The Top 20 had 10 contestants of color and 10 white contestants

The Top 10 they voted was 7 white contestants and 3 contestants of color

Even more outrageous, out of 8 black contestants, only 1 was put through by public vote (Just Sam)

BTW, no surprise with alot of the female pop belters being cut. First this intimate plataform already take them out of their game. To make things worst there was a bunch of them o this top 20 and most of them choosed songs that made difficult to make them sound any bit of unique. Hope next year some of them get a second chance.