AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

istersay

17 minutes ago, redwood79 said:

officially revealed on American Idol Instagram: they are going to a Top 5. Does this mean 5 in the finale or an extra week of competiton?

I hope that it means an extra week in the competition.  Either way, Just Sam is probably safe!  🤩

On 5/9/2020 at 3:52 PM, redwood79 said:

officially revealed on American Idol Instagram: they are going to a Top 5. Does this mean 5 in the finale or an extra week of competiton?

Since the finale is going to be aired live in all time zones, they could do 2 (or even 3) eliminations during the finale.

T5 sing, real time vote, reveal T3—-> T3 sing, real time vote, either reveal winner or T2. 

You get the idea.

In descending order of certainty

Almost There- Sam

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes- Julia (second guess  Arthur doing the Shakey Graves cover, which would be unlikely but awesome)

Our Town- Dillon (second guess Jonny)

Kiss The Girl- Arthur (second guess Dillon)

Beauty and the Beast- Francisco (second guess Julia)

You'll Be In My Heart- Jonny (second guess  Louis)

Can You Feel The Love Tonight- Louis (second guess Francisco)

55 minutes ago, muse273 said:

In descending order of certainty

Almost There- Sam

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes- Julia (second guess  Arthur doing the Shakey Graves cover, which would be unlikely but awesome)

Our Town- Dillon (second guess Jonny)

Kiss The Girl- Arthur (second guess Dillon)

Beauty and the Beast- Francisco (second guess Julia)

You'll Be In My Heart- Jonny (second guess  Louis)

Can You Feel The Love Tonight- Louis (second guess Francisco)

Well, at least one of the song choices you suggested is going to be performed.  I hope that the performances are great or at least very good.

2 hours ago, Elliott said:

What an uninspired list. :haha: 

I would agree that most of the choices are uninspired or at least predictable.

Thoughts on their previously performed song becoming their official single?

I don’t mind it actually because that means the single might be good lol.  But I wonder if they’ve had them record it at home so it’ll be released following the finale or if we won’t get it until a later date..

5 hours ago, landon1988 said:

I don’t mind it actually because that means the single might be good lol.  But I wonder if they’ve had them record it at home so it’ll be released following the finale or if we won’t get it until a later date..

arthur with another cover of have you ever seen the rain, i --

5 hours ago, landon1988 said:

Arthur - Have You Ever Seen The Rain 🙄

Francisco - River/Falling

Jonny - His original song

Julia - Growing Pains

Louis - Hold Me While You Wait

Dillon and Sam are difficult, they haven't really got a standout performance

6 hours ago, landon1988 said:

But I wonder if they’ve had them record it at home so it’ll be released following the finale or if we won’t get it until a later date..

They were all supplied microphones, weren't they? They can just use ProTools to record it. :haha:

1 hour ago, Sept390 said:

Arthur - Have You Ever Seen The Rain 🙄

Francisco - River/Falling

Jonny - His original song

Julia - Growing Pains

Louis - Hold Me While You Wait

Dillon and Sam are difficult, they haven't really got a standout performance

Dillon can reprise his original Tierra Dulce that he did during hollywood week. probably the best original song done this season (along with lauren masciti's original).

lot of past Idols like Jordin and Ruben coming back as a part of a We Are The World performance. B)

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2020-finale-guest-stars-format-returning-alums.htm

• Lionel Richie to perform “We are the World” joined by Idol judges and members of the American Idol family, including Alejandro Aranda aka Scarypoolparty, Gabby Barrett, Jordin Sparks, Katharine McPhee, Kellie Pickler, Laine Hardy, Lauren Alaina, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard and Scotty McCreery

1 hour ago, holinessss said:

sam with the first spanish coronation song "como la flor" 

I’d love that!  That’s what first got me interested in her, when I learned that a “Sam Diaz” did the song in Hawaii.  And that was before I learned she was Just Sam.

5 hours ago, jdanton2 said:

lot of past Idols like Jordin and Ruben coming back as a part of a We Are The World performance. B)

https://www.mjsbigblog.com/american-idol-2020-finale-guest-stars-format-returning-alums.htm

• Lionel Richie to perform “We are the World” joined by Idol judges and members of the American Idol family, including Alejandro Aranda aka Scarypoolparty, Gabby Barrett, Jordin Sparks, Katharine McPhee, Kellie Pickler, Laine Hardy, Lauren Alaina, Phillip Phillips, Ruben Studdard and Scotty McCreery

Did ABC forget Maddie won or something? :dead: