idolforums.com
Sign in to follow this  
istersay

AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

48 minutes ago, Elliott said:

Did ABC forget Maddie won or something? :dead: 

Yeah.  I loved Maddie and I’m not too happy she’s being ignored.  Though Caleb also isn’t going to show up.

1 hour ago, Elliott said:

Did ABC forget Maddie won or something? :dead: 

love maddie. dont know why they ignore her

i'm just glad none of the F5 get cut in the middle of the show - though it's probably bc it's easier to just go live once at the end of the show rather than going live twice and not bc they care about the contestants lol

Posted (edited)

It seems that the finale won't be aired live coast-to-coast despite the real-time voting to determine the winner. Idol twitter says 8/7c, not 8 ET/5 PT. Also checked the tv listings for ABC west coast affiliates and it shows that the finale is at 8 PT.

Edited by QUASAR

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, QUASAR said:

It seems that the finale won't be aired live coast-to-coast despite the real-time vorting to determine the winner. Idol twitter says 8/7c, not 8 ET/5 PT. Also checked the tv listings for ABC west coast affiliates and it shows that the finale is at 8 PT.

What?!  Why not air it live coast to coast?

Edited by CarmenSandiego

1 hour ago, CarmenSandiego said:

What?!  Why not air it live coast to coast?

So California won't be able to vote? Live footage of me trying to figure out how this finale will go.

Think Winona Ryder GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 1

Has The Voice has to do live from home performances yet for the contestants? I would love to compare.

13 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

Has The Voice has to do live from home performances yet for the contestants? I would love to compare.

Yes, the Voice did at home shows 5/4 and 5/11 (last night). They also did a live results show Tuesday 5/5 and will have another one tonight.

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Yes, the Voice did at home shows 5/4 and 5/11 (last night). They also did a live results show Tuesday 5/5 and will have another one tonight.

How are they compared to Idol? The same? Better? Worse?

Posted (edited)

https://www.tvinsider.com/934001/american-idol-top-7-finale-celebrity-performers/

This article literally states "Real-time voting during the live East Coast broadcast will determine the winner."

So holy sh*t.  The West Coast will have literally zero say in the winner this season it sounds like.  Without the West Coast voting, I have no idea how to even begin predicting who will win lol

Edited by landon1988

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

How are they compared to Idol? The same? Better? Worse?

By what metric?

ETA: All the performances are posted on YT. Just pick a few random ones and you can see for yourself.

Edited by AngelaKD

Just now, mytake1 said:

The article says that 2 contestants will be immediately eliminated at the top of the show, leaving only 3 remaining to perform and compete.

No, it doesn't.

"Kicking off at 8/7c on ABC, the finale will reveal the Top 5 according to America's vote as two contestants are immediately bid farewell."

It's talking about the two contestants from the top 7 that will be eliminated, creating the top 5 to compete.  But either way, the West Coast won't get to vote for the winner period according to the article.

15 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Yeah.  I loved Maddie and I’m not too happy she’s being ignored.  Though Caleb also isn’t going to show up.

Yeah. That's not right, to leave her out

40 minutes ago, landon1988 said:

https://www.tvinsider.com/934001/american-idol-top-7-finale-celebrity-performers/

This article literally states "Real-time voting during the live East Coast broadcast will determine the winner."

So holy sh*t.  The West Coast will have literally zero say in the winner this season it sounds like.  Without the West Coast voting, I have no idea how to even begin predicting who will win lol

GIF by South Park

39 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

By what metric?

ETA: All the performances are posted on YT. Just pick a few random ones and you can see for yourself.

Sandra Bullock I Give Up GIF

15 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I don't think she's being ignored.  Laine and Alejandro are from the current season.  Gabby has a song on the charts.  And she wouldn't be more high profile than the other alums.

38 minutes ago, landon1988 said:

No, it doesn't.

"Kicking off at 8/7c on ABC, the finale will reveal the Top 5 according to America's vote as two contestants are immediately bid farewell."

It's talking about the two contestants from the top 7 that will be eliminated, creating the top 5 to compete.  But either way, the West Coast won't get to vote for the winner period according to the article.

So it's going to be The East Coast American Idol. :dead: West Coast be damned.

2 minutes ago, 1234567890 said:

So it's going to be The East Coast American Idol. :dead: West Coast be damned.

Yep.  It's East Coast Idol this year, not American Idol lol

That's just dirty.  I mean, there are contestants who are from California.  Their own hometowns won't be able to vote for them.  This is going to cause an uproar, I think.  Who knows who will win now?  lol

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, landon1988 said:

As Norville “Shaggy” Rogers from Scooby Doo once said, “Unfair!”  😡

Edited by CarmenSandiego

3 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

So California won't be able to vote? Live footage of me trying to figure out how this finale will go.

3 hours ago, landon1988 said:

For what it's worth, DWTS does live voting, but they didn't air at the same time in all the time zones. They still allowed voting from the west coast, but you were voting without seeing the show. :haha:

3 hours ago, 1234567890 said:

They started last week. They actually went live for the results, and the results were choppy videos. I'm not surprised Idol is pre-taping. :haha: 

francisco is pretty good with reminding his followers to vote, so hopefully he emphasizes/reminds his west coast fans

35 minutes ago, Elliott said:

For what it's worth, DWTS does live voting, but they didn't air at the same time in all the time zones. They still allowed voting from the west coast, but you were voting without seeing the show. :haha:

The problem with that is that the casual voters won’t know that they have to vote before the show even airs.  Only die hard fans on the west coast will know that.  

oh well... It’s time to move on to season 19 I guess 😂

4 hours ago, Elliott said:

They started last week. They actually went live for the results, and the results were choppy videos. I'm not surprised Idol is pre-taping. :haha: 

While I’m not terribly surprised that Idol is pre-taping either since you noted how choppy the videos were when live results were tried out on The Voice, I just wish that they would allow the West Coast to vote even if they can’t watch it live.