AI 18 Spoiler Discussion Thread

istersay

7 hours ago, holinessss said:

louis getting the alejandro treatment?

edit: don't let maddie know lol

No. This boy is very cute. He’s a heartthrob, something Alejandro was not. And he shared a very personal story about his song. Alejandro never opened up about his life away from Idol.

Edited by AngelaKD

40 minutes ago, olaui.hoho said:

Still not understading how its even possible Shannon Gibbons and Sarah isen isnt in top 20?

Maybe Sarah whitdrew?

From the snippet I've heard, Shannon's Hawaii performances was much better than a lot of the people that made Top 20. Hopefully she returns next season. She deserves to make a very far run in the competition.

Edited by indii

23 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

No. This boy is very cute. He’s a heartthrob, something Alejandro was not. And he shared a very personal story about his song. Alejandro never opened up about his life away from Idol.

slay, but i'm thinking more along the lines of how they titled the video - though i'm glad katy reeled luke back

7 minutes ago, holinessss said:

according to faith, she's learning 6 songs - so going by past seasons t20 solo, t20 duet, t14 night 1, t14 night 2, live theme 1, live theme 2?

We start voting from the Top 20 this season, so I wonder if we're getting a wildcard round of some sort, then.

12 hours ago, BamBam said:

Nick Merico has a net worth of 72 mil??

Those Google net worth things are never correct. It says someone from Australian Survivor had a net worth of that amount and he was like "...I have 2k in my account." :rofl: 

1 hour ago, idolfanatic624 said:

I’m honestly looking forward to the head to head Hollywood Week duets. It reminds me of The Voice, but it will make Hollywood Week more interesting for sure.

I agree. I hope it replaces group round because that part of Hollywood Week got stale a long time ago, IMO. 

11 hours ago, Carrie_On said:

I agree. I hope it replaces group round because that part of Hollywood Week got stale a long time ago, IMO. 

9 hours ago, idolfanatic624 said:

Yeah I liked the group round as when it first started in 2002 with American Idol Season 1, but as the seasons went on, the group round part of Hollywood Week turned into way more drama. It would be awesome if the head to head duets replaces the group round.

I liked the format they used in S7's Hollywood Week. Everyone performed a solo on the first day and then the judges could choose to advance you or not. If they did, you were safe until Day 3. If they didn't, you weren't eliminated yet and got a second chance to perform a new solo on the second day. Then on the third day, they all performed again and the cut went down to the Top 40 or whatever.

9 hours ago, idolfanatic624 said:

Does anyone know if they are going from Top 20 to Top 14 or from Top 20 to Top 10?

Nobody knows yet.

It's been a real $hit season and waste of time so far - until Hannah showed up as the last audition of episode 2.  Hannah isn't just a good singer - she's a great singer.  She's never had good advice or direction to apply to her vocal talent.  Hannah is as pure country as country gets.  Curt is a good man but a poor music partner who made amateur mistakes & choices that held Hannah back.  Hannah is special.   She's the best pure singer to audition since ABC took over Idol in season 16.  The behind the scenes vocal coaches at Idol will unharness Hannah's talent and give her wings.  She's gonna fly under the radar for a little while but then she'll soar - high - and far.  Hannah is American Idols Season 18 winner.

Edited by Cranberrys

23 minutes ago, Cranberrys said:

It's been a real $hit season and waste of time so far - until Hannah showed up as the last audition of episode 2.  Hannah isn't just a good singer - she's a great singer.  She's never had good advice or direction to apply to her vocal talent.  Hannah is as pure country as country gets.  Curt is a good man but a poor music partner who made amateur mistakes & choices that held Hannah back.  Hannah is special.   She's the best pure singer to audition since ABC took over Idol in season 16.  The behind the scenes vocal coaches at Idol will unharness Hannah's talent and give her wings.  She's gonna fly under the radar for a little while but then she'll soar - high - and far.  Hannah is American Idols Season 18 winner.

That's not going to happen.

36 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

That's not going to happen.

I'm not clairvoyant and I don't have a crystal ball - but I do know talent.  I've chosen 18 of the last 20 winners mid-season or earlier combined on The Voice and Idol.  One of my two misses was Laine Hardy last season - but I wasn't wrong.  The voters were wrong.  Laine will never make it big in the music business and shouldn't have won.  Alejandro was who I chose and he was the "REAL" winner.

Hannah is the real thing - genuine - weathered & beaten up with life experience.  And she's got three times the vocal skills of Miranda Lambert.

By mid-season Hannah will blossom into the obvious and destined winner of Season 18. 

*If I'm wrong I'll ban myself for a year.

Edited by Cranberrys