All-Time Worst Song Choices

Bouli

Not even necessarily bad performances - but just awful song choices. Like "I-Want-To-Go-Home" song choices.

Thread inspired by Joana Martinez's "Get On Your Feet" by Gloria Estefan. The struggle. Results haven't been announced yet, but I think that choice was bad enough to put her in danger this week.

Runners-up might include:

• Khalea's "Love Like This" by Faith Evans (S17).
  • Shawn Sounds' instant save choice of "That's What I Like" by Bruno Mars, S16.
  • Everything DeAndre Nico sang in the lives of S15, especially "Cry for You" by Jodeci.
  • Everything that happened to Kyla Jade in the S14 finale, especially that discount bin Garth Brooks song as her "oRiGiNaL SiNgLe". (She was bussed so hard and I'm still not over it.)
  • Brennley Brown's "Suds in the Bucket" in S12.
  • Matt McAndrew's "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" in his S7 finale.

Am I missing anything?

may this queen rest in piece, nonetheless the one that came right to my mind was Janice Freeman's Top 11 song selection (Shine). Eevn tho she rocked and slayed it, it did her no favors. With that she went from having one of the best performances trough KO's, PO's and T12 to being eliminated just like that... And Shi'Ann outlasted her :no:

This definitely needs to be included. The pandering was too high even for team minivan :haha:
And then Gyth put all the panderers to shame with the most pandering song ever lmao

One of the most painful: Garrett Gardner with "I Want It That Way" by Backstreet Boys :'( :angry:

In terms of absolute wtf song choices, this is forever one of the most bizarre choices for a battle song that I can remember (and keeping in the Gloria Estefan theme...):

[Youtube]3kGOEQ9BT48&ab_channel=MartinL.H[/Youtube]

The battle itself wasn't dreadful, but Blake... had he not redeemed himself being a great coach for a variety of genres in the following season, I would've hated him for this alone.

Can I just say everything by Braiden Sunshine, or do I have to pick one like maybe "Radioactive?"

And is it too soon to nominate Jake HaldenVang steering away from a rock lane he had all to himself to sing Adele instead? Or is there a certain Hall of Fame-like moratorium waiting period before someone becomes eligible?

With the flag wrapped around the mic to boot! Hilarious :haha:

idk if that counts as pandering because he had done that a lot even before he joined the show, so it is almost like his signature to bring flag on to the stage. He still does that recently. :haha:

--------

I'm not familiar with the earlier seasons, so I'll go with the recent ones

- Celia Babini "A Thousand Years"

- Celia Babini "Shallow"

I'm not sure about worst but "What Hurts the Most" from Keisha Renee wasnt exactly a stellar choice for the semifinals. . .

Also looking at my signature, how could we forget "9 to 5" from Ali Caldwell!

AND "Umbrella" from Christiana Danielle (seriously who suggested that!?)

Edited by Brangelica

"Cry" - Reagan Strange

Probably what started the whole downward spiral for Reagan. That's an incredibly challenging song. I think Reagan had a nice voice on the show, but a voice that was limited in what it could do.

Giving her that song was just wrong.

• Like 1

I just remembered Morgan Frazier from Season 9... her playoffs song was "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder. :x

That's an awful choice for ANYBODY (including Andrew Sevener, who struggled through it last season in 16). Personally, I hate the original, and I've never heard a good cover of it on any TV reality-talent show.

And for another one, I don't expect everyone to agree - but "I Call the Shots" for Hannah Huston's original single (Season 10) was pretty awful, in my opinion.

Also, if anyone remembers Drew Cole (Season 14), his Playoffs song choices were really wrong in every single way. "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson especially, that was just whack.

I just remembered Morgan Frazier from Season 9... her playoffs song was "Lips of an Angel" by Hinder. :x

That's an awful choice for ANYBODY (including Andrew Sevener, who struggled through it last season in 16). Personally, I hate the original, and I've never heard a good cover of it on any TV reality-talent show.

And for another one, I don't expect everyone to agree - but "I Call the Shots" for Hannah Huston's original single (Season 10) was pretty awful, in my opinion.

Also, if anyone remembers Drew Cole (Season 14), his Playoffs song choices were really wrong in every single way. "Man in the Mirror" by Michael Jackson especially, that was just whack.

That was a Blake special double decker bus. It still pisses me off when I think about it. :haha: She deserved better than how she was treated overall.

Ryan Sill, Ordinary World.

Of course, I don't know what songs would've actually worked for him, but he sure didn't need them to work to keep on advancing.

I Call the Shots felt like something Pharrell wrote during a commercial break.