The Voice's Unpopular Opinions Thread V2

istersay

I think John is an entertaining coach. Especially in these newer seasons, he's really great at hyping and supporting contestants' performances (even those who are not on his team) Shadale was in the IS but John still stood midway throughout Gymani's performance because she was doing great, regardless of what team she was on. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

I think John is an entertaining coach. Especially in these newer seasons, he's really great at hyping and supporting contestants' performances (even those who are not on his team) Shadale was in the IS but John still stood midway throughout Gymani's performance because she was doing great, regardless of what team she was on. 

i feel this season turned him around because he was always my least favorite 18-20

1 hour ago, indodol said:

GNT should not let Josh take too much lead, his tone is borderline grating especially on higher note.

In terms of vocal Bekah >> Caleb > Josh.

I don't agree with the first part but yeah, vocally talking, Bekah is the best of the group 

Edited by Gustavo527

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm not agree with the first part but yeah, vocally talking, Bekah is the best of the group 

I also didn't hear it before, but I noticed it on Josh's vocal part last night (on the verse of More Hearts Than Mine).

Or maybe it's because I like Bekah's and Caleb's low tone more lol

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'm not agree with the first part but yeah, vocally talking, Bekah is the best of the group 

She's proving to be much better than I expected.  Really lovely voice.

Listening back to Wichita Linemen, Josh thrived on the lower key on that one.  While last night's did well for Caleb and Bekah, Josh's part seemed a little on the high side for his sweet spot imo. Still just a lovely performance. I'm pretty comfortable we'll see Josh step out again and be just fine.

• Like 1

The main reason I haven’t been supporting GNT is because I’m simply opposed to duos and groups on the show. Other than that, they are up my alley, so if they win, I won’t be mad about it. Anyway, I still need to see Bekah “step out” like Karen Fairchild from LBT to be 100% sold on that act. I would also like to see something uptempo, as their performances have all been fairly similar. If we don’t see that until after the show, it is what it is, I just need to see it. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

The main reason I haven’t been supporting GNT is because I’m simply opposed to duos and groups on the show. Other than that, they are up my alley, so if they win, I won’t be mad about it. Anyway, I still need to see Bekah “step out” like Karen Fairchild from LBT to be 100% sold on that act. I would also like to see something uptempo, as their performances have all been fairly similar. If we don’t see that until after the show, it is what it is, I just need to see it. 

They did uptempo in their battle, but I'm assuming you're talking about doing it live.

Maybe for genre switch next week.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They did uptempo in their battle, but I'm assuming you're talking about doing it live.

Maybe for genre switch next week.

I just want to see something to make me believe they can be a mainstream artist. For that, Bekah needs to take charge, so I need a full-throated effort from her. Maybe we won’t see that until after the show?

2 hours ago, indodol said:

GNT should not let Josh take too much lead, his tone is borderline grating especially on higher note.

I see this is a tone preference deal. I assume Bekah's angelic and Caleb's deep tones are generally more designed to appeal, whereas Josh's is a bit on the higher end. For guys, it usually doesnt work. I have no issue with it though, but some people are bound to dislike it.

13 hours ago, VoiceFan! said:

I didnt like him S17 thru S19

S20 he was RLY funny with Kelly since they were next to each other and its continuing in S21

I think he needed some humbling. Winning with Maelyn on his first season, getting the assumed frontrunner in his second season and just overall getting many four chair turns all got to his head. He was in to win. After losing a few times, he loosened up and is much more genuine, supportive and also much more entertaining now. I desperately wanted him gone after S18 but didn't mind him in S19 which was the turning point. The last two seasons, he's been great and I hope he stays.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I enjoyed GNT last night and had no issue with Josh's solo moment. There were just a couple of parts where I felt the harmonies didnt completely blend well but that was it. They did great.

I thought Josh's solo moment sounded grating in the studio, but it sounded better in the actual performance to me (despite being slightly shaky)