The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

If you hear Nelson's covers on IG, his rasp is so much more subdued. He even seems to perform singer-songwriter music outside of the show. I don't know why he went that direction he did on the show, but I prefer how he sounds here.

• Like 1

Hey guys, I´m new to the site, I´ve been watching since season 5, discovered Idolforums around Season 12

Been enjoying this season, my favorites are Thunderstorm, TMH, Joanna, Zan, Cedrice, and Allegra, there´s others that I also like as well.

Pulling for TMH in the 4 way KO, but judging by that song Idk what to think...

Edited by Misirlou

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Damn, they did TMH so wrong...

(Unless for whatever reason they confused OneRepublic with Queen lol)

It is a possibility, since there are a ton of songs called Somebody to Love, for all that we know it can even be the Justin Bieber one lol

I´m gonna remain optimistic that he´s singing Queen , since Blake insisted to Todd in the blinds to stick to his lane, so I don´t think he would go that far as to sing a straight up pop song.

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

It is a possibility, since there are a ton of songs called Somebody to Love, for all that we know it can even be the Justin Bieber one lol

I´m gonna remain optimistic that he´s singing Queen , since Blake insisted to Todd in the blinds to stick to his lane, so I don´t think he would go that far as to sing a straight up pop song.

yeah if Michael Williams posted it on his story, he could've made a mistake or smth

Just now, indodol said:

Have you all seen his story? He screencapt the song title from an article, so I don't think it is a mistake

Yeah but there have been several times when writers of those articles often confuse the artist of the song. If i'm correct I remember one saying that Maelyn' s song for the top 8 was Stay by Post Malone instead of Rihanna , so it could be a mistake.

If its not, he's pretty much toast. He has quite a lot of support in Facebook from the 4 way KO promo video, but that song is not gonna do him any favors.

Edited by Misirlou

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah but there have been several times when writers of those articles often confuse the artist of the song. If i'm correct I remember one saying that Maelyn' s song for the top 8 was Stay by Post Malone instead of Rihanna , so it could be a mistake.

If its not, he's pretty much toast. He has quite a lot of support in Facebook from the 4 way KO promo video, but that song is not gonna do him any favors.

you're referring to TMH, right? that makes the most sense in the context, but its a little ambiguous

7 minutes ago, Lux~ said:

honestly could see them maybe montaging tayler/micah 

based on the order it's surely gonna be Mandi/Anaya. 

because both songs were revealed we'll probably get shortened performances from each and maybe also a short clip of them being mentored

Edited by FloorWax

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

based on the order it's surely gonna be Mandi/Anaya. 

because both songs were revealed we'll probably get shortened performances from each and maybe also a short clip of them being mentored

i just wanna hear anaya do praying without it being shortened :(

22 minutes ago, Lux~ said:

i just wanna hear anaya do praying without it being shortened :(

I respect your opinion, but my take is that Anaya will either give a mediocre performance of the song, or deliver a trainwreck. She's been a decent singer so far, but something tells me this song choice isn't going to end well. It's too big for her, and way too mature.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I respect your opinion, but my take is that Anaya will either give a mediocre performance of the song, or deliver a trainwreck. She's been a decent singer so far, but something tells me this song choice isn't going to end well. It's too big for her, and way too mature.

honestly yeah it probably will be like that but i like hearing "praying" so i hope she doesnt butcher it too much. it does seem like it would be pretty big for her aswel though so idk

11 hours ago, Randompersonhere said:

Songs for 4 way knockout 

Todd Michael hall  -  Somebody to love (One Republic)

Samantha Howell  -  Always on my mind (Willie Neslon)

Michael Williams   -  You are the reason (Calum Scott)

Nelson Cade III   -  Best Part (Daniel Caesar feat H.E.R)

I think TMH will sing Somebody to Love (Queen) it will fit his vocals. I don't know why they put by One Republic.

OMG Nelson singing Best Part??? I hope it's good and better that Khalea's Version

1 hour ago, JOMZ said:

I think TMH will sing Somebody to Love (Queen) it will fit his vocals. I don't know why they put by One Republic.

OMG Nelson singing Best Part??? I hope it's good and better that Khalea's Version

I really doubt it’ll be able to top Khalea’s version. One of my favorite versions of the song.

TMH just confirmed its indeed the One Republic song in an Instagram post. I´ve been pleasantly surprised quite a number of times on this show with great performances of what I thought were lackluster song choices, so I´ll reserve my judgment until I see him perform tomorrow.

I took a listen to the OneRepublic song and it's not a bad song, but for Todd? Yikes.

Honestly I think it's Samantha's to lose. Nelson got a good song but it won't get him the votes because of the audience, Michael's the weakest one and got a bad song choice so he's pretty much DOA - TMH could've gone through easily with a better song but he's gonna have to pull off something spectacular in his performance to earn that win.