The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

3 hours ago, mjdolorico said:

When will the playoffs start? April 27?

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

Top 17 would be the round after KOs presumably, so yes, that's what I'm asking for. Thank you. 

DBHSv7wl.png?1

Here the relevent portion in the app,

So we assume Top 17 May 4th

Semi-final May 11

Finale May 18

EDIT: I don't believe Wiki. 

EDIT2:I went to the ref link in Wiki and nowhere they talk about top 13, They only say: " first week of lives, essentially our playoffs, " 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dany said:

DBHSv7wl.png?1

Here the relevent portion in the app,

So we assume Top 17 May 4th

Semi-final May 11

Finale May 18

EDIT: I don't believe Wiki. 

EDIT2:I went to the ref link in Wiki and nowhere they talk about top 13, They only say: " first week of lives, essentially our playoffs, " 

Thank you!

5 hours ago, season1 said:

Thanks. Looking at discussions on this thread, at least 2 on that list made it to playoffs (Mandi and Micah)? By the time I find a favorite, the season is almost over. 😂

Cedrice as well. :thumbs:

• Like 1

I would agree on wanting the Top 17 to be straight votes. I know Blake would have the obvious advantage, but 1 PV per team and a CS would just feel unbalanced tbh.

If they really needed an Instant save then I would go with this format:

Top 7 PV 

Middle 4 fight for IS

Bottom 6 Immediately Eliminated.

6 minutes ago, QueenMae16 said:

I would agree on wanting the Top 17 to be straight votes. I know Blake would have the obvious advantage, but 1 PV per team and a CS would just feel unbalanced tbh.

If they really needed an Instant save then I would go with this format:

Top 7 PV 

Middle 4 fight for IS

Bottom 6 Immediately Eliminated.

With Blake's top 4 of Toneisha, Joei, Joanna, and Todd T./Cam (more than likely Todd T.) - I wouldn't even mind him with all 4 in if it means we wipe out Nick and Kelly's teams lol.

Just now, Someone648 said:

With Blake's top 4 of Toneisha, Joei, Joanna, and Todd T./Cam (more than likely Todd T.) - I wouldn't even mind him with all 4 in if it means we wipe out Nick and Kelly's teams lol.

Especially since Nick and Kelly have garbage cans lol.

Surprisingly Blake doesn't have a bad live show team(at least not like Nick and Kelly)

But hopefully Zan comes through for John.

33 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

That would be hilarious for a new coach to get his team wiped out :haha:, but I don't want that to happen because there is Thunderstorm in there.

4 hours ago, QueenMae16 said:

Especially since Nick and Kelly have garbage cans lol.

Surprisingly Blake doesn't have a bad live show team(at least not like Nick and Kelly)

But hopefully Zan comes through for John.

I mean Nick has Thunderstorm and Allegra that’s not too bad

Edited by Agenator333
  • Like 1

In regards to Kelly’s knockout pairings, I would place my bet in Samantha vs Mandi over Anaya vs Mandi, since that pairing seems to fit genre-wise a lot better. Then again who knows. I would say Anaya is Kelly’s save, which I wouldn’t expect, but due to her being in the hotel while knockouts were taping, that seems to be the case.

4 hours ago, Archanium said:

That would be hilarious for a new coach to get his team wiped out :haha:, but I don't want that to happen because there is Thunderstorm in there.

We’ll see how badly John and Nick screw up with Thunderstorm, but as of right now, he’s the frontrunner, and it isn’t close. I’m not even sure who his main competition is at this point. Todd T? 

What do you guys think the chances are that the live shows are interrupted by the virus?  Stuff is closing down everywhere...NBA season suspended today...Houston rodeo (one of the biggest in the world) cancelled.

Etc..etc.

15 minutes ago, ATX29 said:

What do you guys think the chances are that the live shows are interrupted by the virus?  Stuff is closing down everywhere...NBA season suspended today...Houston rodeo (one of the biggest in the world) cancelled.

Etc..etc.

IMO, it will most likely be affected, whether there’s no audience or cancelled altogether. However, it’s nearly 8 weeks away, so hopefully things will stabilize by then. 

Edited by TeamAudra

3 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Etc..etc.

FWIW, American Idol is considering cancelling audiences for the live shows too.

Edited by mjdolorico

2 hours ago, ATX29 said:

Etc..etc.

This article states that The Voice is a show that will be affected, but doesn't specify how. One of the shows mentioned, Ellen, has just announced it is going to tape without an audience.  Since the live shows are such a long way off I would imagine any plan they currently have right now could change depending on how things are at the time. The live shows typically have an audience of  about 1,000 people sitting or standing tightly together.

https://www.latimes.com/entertainment-arts/tv/story/2020-03-11/coronavirus-covid-19-tv-shows-production

In a statement, Warner Bros., which produces the CBS sitcom “Mom,” said it is asking guests to confirm that neither they nor any member of their household have traveled within the past three weeks to or through a “Level 3" location as defined by the CDC. other affected WB shows include NBC’s singing competition “The Voice” and daytime talk shows “Ellen” and “The Real.”

Edited by rhapsody99
Added article link.

No fans at the NCAA basketball tournament, and at this point, it wouldn’t  shock me is it gets cancelled. All it would take is a few players testing positive for them to pull the plug. 

Edited by TeamAudra

1 hour ago, mjdolorico said:

This is OT, but you mentioned a while back on this thread that you were looking forward to one of the people from the previous episode. Can you tell us who it is now? 

It was Mandi Thomas, people on here weren't as impressed as I thought they would be, but most people's taste on here doesn't match mine so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

4 hours ago, rhapsody99 said:

It was Mandi Thomas, people on here weren't as impressed as I thought they would be, but most people's taste on here doesn't match mine so I guess I shouldn't be surprised. 

Story of our lives 😂

I think she was very nervous in the blinds, hopefully she'd get over her nerves in the next rounds, I would love to see a classical act excel on this show again.