The Voice S18 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

13 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

They don’t have to be doing gigs to catch it. That’s probably safer than going to a Walmart right now. 

That’s a good point, though. A significant percentage of carriers are reportedly asymptomatic. 

What about S19? They’re probably scheduled to arrive late May to early June to prepare for blind auditions. 

I assume the season 19 dates are somewhat more flexible. They could probably start filming in August and be fine. 

4 hours ago, jarmon said:

Micah Iverson's audition is already at 2.5M views and it's not even 2 days...that's impressive!

And Tate’s has 6mil. Last season the views were so much lower on YT. I think the one with the most is Katie and it doesn’t even have 3mil

13 minutes ago, Someone42 said:

And Tate’s has 6mil. Last season the views were so much lower on YT. I think the one with the most is Katie and it doesn’t even have 3mil

“Nick Jonas sings with Tate Brusa on Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect”

Hmm...

Edited by TeamAudra

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

“Nick Jonas sings with Tate Brusa on Ed Sheeran’s “Perfect”

Hmm...

I remember seeing Tate's on Trending the day after it aired, so that title definitely got it boosted. 

4 hours ago, Someone42 said:

I was going to say, across the board, YT views are much higher this season. Even the less popular ones have like 1 M. I feel like I remember last season's numbers being kinda terrible. 

15 hours ago, jarmon said:

Micah Iverson's audition is already at 2.5M views and it's not even 2 days...that's impressive!

I think part of it is due to the corona virus pandemic. More people are staying at home watching youtube videos. We'll see if this also applies to other videos of the next episode.

A Today Show staffer tests positive for Coronavirus. Co-hosts Al Roker and Craig Melvin taken off air. 

As of now, I’m expecting them to pull the plug on S18 live shows. I hope I’m wrong. They have a few weeks before they have to decide. 

Edited by TeamAudra

19 minutes ago, Agenator333 said:

The Main issue is the travel of those not in LA having to fly out to LA and once someone is eliminated they would have to fly back home. I guess maybe in that instance they’d have private jets fly them or something idk

No the biggest issue is the likelihood that someone in production, or one of the top 17 contestants has the virus & how are you going to insure that no one is a carrier? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seak05 said:

No the biggest issue is the likelihood that someone in production, or one of the top 17 contestants has the virus & how are you going to insure that no one is a carrier? 

can they get testing ?

Just now, seak05 said:

Lol where do you think the shows are, somewhere with testing? This is the United States we're talking about #notestingforyou

there is drive up testing at a couple of places near where I live, I'm about an hour away from where they tape, I hope they have something similar, or their health care workers on staff would have tests by the time live shows start  🙏 

33 minutes ago, istersay said:

there is drive up testing at a couple of places near where I live, I'm about an hour away from where they tape, I hope they have something similar, or their health care workers on staff would have tests by the time live shows start  🙏 

We have drive up testing here too, but it's only available for people who can prove they were in direct contact with someone who has already tested positive. The country doesn't have nearly enough tests, so it's not available on demand, even if you are symptomatic, and especially not if you're asymptomatic.  

Edited by seak05

Micah now has 4.8 million views. What’s interesting is he has a very poor like/dislike ratio, compared to almost everyone else. In particular, the number of likes is really low. 

24K/1.7K= 93.3%. 

For example, compare that to Thunderstorm’s with 4.5 million views.

81K/957=98.8%

I glanced at a few other too. Most are in the high 90s. 

Edited by TeamAudra

11 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

So Mandi really beat Thunderstorm?

Her audition was solid but it wasn't as good as Thunderstorms... either he must have flopped hard, she flat-out crushed him, or John just hates when his songs are covered on the show.

Pretty sure it’s the last one. No way Mandi does better than Thunderstorm. He could miss every other note and still win over her.