The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

8 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

https://www.wideopencountry.com/this-the-voice-finalist-is-struggling-to-book-gigs-ive-got-like-five-emails-back/

Jacquie Roar talked about how few gigs she has after the show. The writer of this article also pointed out that the show should reduce to one season per year.

We have got one season per year in S22, and although it's a bad season, winner Bryce actually got really good gigs (including Grand Ole Opry), while bodie got signed and Omar debuted on Broadway. Otherwise not different that much tbh.

The post-show support is almost nothing isn't it? I know we have been talking about it a lot but it's sad to see them still struggling after the show.

when you make the show only about the coaches ... this is the sad reality :(

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

It's ridiculous to think that the problems the show has will be solved having one season per year. Seriously.

we've known the show does nothing for contestants for years, they stopped even trying. Some of the coaches were helpful to their contestants though

they tried one season a year, other shows can't get the same ratings

19 hours ago, Gustavo527 said:

It's ridiculous to think that the problems the show has will be solved having one season per year. Seriously.

First of all one season is less contestants, which means less of a chance that an artist from that season will become popular.

Second of all, we’ve really only had 2 people on the radio (Melanie Martinez & Morgan Wallen), but neither of them reached the top 5. 😔

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/adam-levines-return-the-voice-upsetting-nbc-employees-not-everyone-happy.html/

So bringing Adam back is a move to prevent him from moving to a rival network. I guess they don't want to lose anyone again after they lost JHud to Fox. 

The article also pointed out that Adam was so freaking done with the show back in S16 that he didn't even want to attend the Semifinal when he didn't have anyone left. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/adam-levines-return-the-voice-upsetting-nbc-employees-not-everyone-happy.html/

So bringing Adam back is a move to prevent him from moving to a rival network. I guess they don't want to lose anyone again after they lost JHud to Fox. 

The article also pointed out that Adam was so freaking done with the show back in S16 that he didn't even want to attend the Semifinal when he didn't have anyone left. 

I mean, he looked dead then. But I mean, it's one thing to lose your Team before finale, but imagine losing your Team before semis. The dude got destroyed in S16, well, him and Kelly, but mostly him.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I mean, he looked dead then. But I mean, it's one thing to lose your Team before finale, but imagine losing your Team before semis. The dude got destroyed in S16, well, him and Kelly, but mostly him.

And they kept pushing that season as the "legendary season", all because John debuted there. Funny how things turned out to be.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

And they kept pushing that season as the "legendary season", all because John debuted there. Funny how things turned out to be.

Well, it was a legendary season.  In his case, just not how he wanted it to be.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Kenneth96 said:

What do you mean they lost JHud to Fox ? 😅 It’s not like NBC was giving her many gigs and opportunities after she was done with The Voice. The audacity to think they own her 💀

• Like 5

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/inside-adam-levines-voice-exit-a-massive-missed-payday-1214304/

In this article from 2019 about Adam’s exit, it says that he signed for season 17 and 18 before quitting. We knew that the s17 panel was going to be the same as s16, but how would’ve s18 panel changed? Nick of course wouldn’t have been asked to join the show, but would they have replaced John or Kelly? Maybe it was going to be the same panel for 3 seasons straight?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jay2567 said:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-news/inside-adam-levines-voice-exit-a-massive-missed-payday-1214304/

In this article from 2019 about Adam’s exit, it says that he signed for season 17 and 18 before quitting. We knew that the s17 panel was going to be the same as s16, but how would’ve s18 panel changed? Nick of course wouldn’t have been asked to join the show, but would they have replaced John or Kelly? Maybe it was going to be the same panel for 3 seasons straight?

I definitely think the Season 16 Coaches would have been the most successful consistent group of people if Adam never left. We also know that after Season 18 is when Blake originally wanted to quit if COVID never happened.

Here’s the alternate reality that could have happened:

Seasons 16-18:

Blake Shelton, Kelly Clarkson, John Legend, and Adam Levine are the coaches. Longest running group of 4 people since the original coaches. 
Imagine, No COVID in this alternate reality.

Season 19:

Blake and Adam both leave. Kelly and John probably would have stayed. It’s a new era for the show.

Does that seem accurate?

• Like 2

I have never seen this performance being mentioned on here. Which is surprising because c'mon, this has become gay culture lol. 15 years old gay me was SHOCKED. 

If someone can't watch it, this is Gaga and Xtina's duet.

• Like 3

I do not believe there is a Melanie Martinez fan thread on here right? I mean out of every Voice contestant in the history of the show she is at the top of the list and finished 3rd. I know everyone likes Pope and Bradberry but when was the last time either of them sold out large arenas? I went to her concert last night in Tampa since we were down here and it was sold out and tickets going for $600 or more for floor seats.

I can't think of another Voice contestant that could go to Madison square garden and sell out 2 shows back to back nights. Anyway i just wondered since i looked and seen nothing on here about her.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Emmyfan said:

I do not believe there is a Melanie Martinez fan thread on here right? I mean out of every Voice contestant in the history of the show she is at the top of the list and finished 3rd. I know everyone likes Pope and Bradberry but when was the last time either of them sold out large arenas? I went to her concert last night in Tampa since we were down here and it was sold out and tickets going for $600 or more for floor seats.

I can't think of another Voice contestant that could go to Madison square garden and sell out 2 shows back to back nights. Anyway i just wondered since i looked and seen nothing on here about her.

She had one in the old server/site which ended (crashed and never recovered) in November 2019. All the fan threads prior to S17 are gone forever. A few of the threads were remade. Many of the forum members from the early seasons are no longer active on this site, so many fan threads of winners and popular contestants from S1 to S16 were not remade.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, season1 said:

She had one in the old server/site which ended (crashed and never recovered) in November 2019. All the fan threads prior to S17 are gone forever. A few of the threads were remade. Many of the forum members from the early seasons are no longer active on this site, so many fan threads of winners and popular contestants from S1 to S16 were not remade.

ahhh okay

On 6/20/2024 at 2:31 AM, Emmyfan said:

Melanie is a tricky case. By some measures of industry success she is huge—sold out arena tour, 3 T10 albums. But by some measures she’s still a niche artist—lack of radio play, no hit singles.

Not to mention, there is still scandal attached to her name.

22 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Genuinely such a great run. The only performance that wasn’t in the same tier as the others was the audition and even then it has grown on me over time.

For me it's his finale Ballad. But the fact that my least favourite performance of his was still very good speaks to his consistency. 

Maybe his partner will audition..