The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

On 5/25/2024 at 3:09 AM, QueenKalie said:

Minivan didn't vote for him. The casuals were just persuaded by TPTB. Whoever they pimp next year is going to likely be the person that wins.

See I’m not sure why we need to conclude that Asher’s win was purely the result of TPTB manipulation when he literally had the highest social media numbers every week since the Playoffs. Clearly he had people.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, FloorWax said:

See I’m not sure why we need to conclude that Asher’s win was purely the result of TPTB manipulation when he literally had the highest social media numbers every week since the Playoffs. Clearly he had people.

I think that someone's very bitter that Josh didn't win.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rodney said:

Oh yes I'm very bitter about the results of a season that I didn't even like. Do you even listen to some of the stuff you say? :dead:

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rodney said:

I don't think QueenKalie is bitter abt it. He didn't care for this season. He didn't stan Josh, he just liked him to an extent and thought he was the best contestant from this season. I may be wrong, but that's what I got from reading his posts.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

I don't think QueenKalie is bitter abt it. He didn't care for this season. He didn't stan Josh, he just liked him to an extent and thought he was the best contestant from this season. I may be wrong, but that's what I got from reading his posts.

This is a correct take. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Honestly, nobody is obligated to like any season or to like any winner or any contestant. Disliking a result/contestant/season doesn't make you bitter.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Some people use the confused face on the weirdest things. :dead:

There's 2 or 3 people on here that confused face everything I say and I've just gotten used to it :stealth:

Edited by indii
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, indii said:

There's 2 or 3 people on here that confused face everything I say and I've just gotten used to it :stealth:

Y'all this wasn't an invitation to start confused reacting to this message 😭😭

• Haha 10
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Some people use the confused face on the weirdest things. :dead:

But most of the time I receive a confused reaction it's you 😭

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 3

Slow news day since we are between season but here again Carson confirm that the voice is really a sitcom featuring the coaches and the singing competition is just a sideline :teeheewave:

https://www.cinemablend.com/television/carson-daly-on-biggest-hurdle-the-voice-has-endured-blake-shelton-involved

I mean, The Voice is really part sitcom hidden as a singing competition. And a lot of that’s because the personality of Blake and Adam [Levine]. He’s been sort of at the epicenter of our paneling. So in a post-Blake world, that’s where Reba McEntire comes in.

It also confirm that Reba is here to stay and replace Blake. 

Also here some interesting behind the scene about the process for Live Show https://www.indiewire.com/features/craft/the-voice-production-team-nbc-1235008039/

• Like 1

The producers had a huge hurdle: Finding out the perfect Blake replacement. They must have really been sweating it out ever since Blake presented his intentions to leave the show.

They finally did it. They got Reba. I'm sure they are not letting her go for a while. And she seems to be enjoying it, so, might as well.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

The producers had a huge hurdle: Finding out the perfect Blake replacement. They must have really been sweating it out ever since Blake presented his intentions to leave the show.

They finally did it. They got Reba. I'm sure they are not letting her go for a while. And she seems to be enjoying it, so, might as well.

Had AI not snatched him up, I believe that Luke Bryan might have fit the mold, too.  He's basically got all of Blake's brand of humor and is a younger version of him.

• Like 1

sick to my stomach rn thinking about how we could've formed an insane top 5 out of pre-taped eliminees had they continued to perform at their best quality. imo any five of {Val, Mafe, Frank, Alyssa, OK3, Gene, Jackie} would have been excellent.

(of course though, some eliminations like Gene's were definitely deserved. i just mean that we had tons of talented contestants get cut early, and at their best, i think all of them could've been finale quality contestants)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

sick to my stomach rn thinking about how we could've formed an insane top 5 out of pre-taped eliminees had they continued to perform at their best quality. imo any five of {Val, Mafe, Frank, Alyssa, OK3, Gene, Jackie} would have been excellent.

(of course though, some eliminations like Gene's were definitely deserved. i just mean that we had tons of talented contestants get cut early, and at their best, i think all of them could've been finale quality contestants)

I dont disagree but S25 isn't alone in this regard, you could say this with any season. There are always contestants that peaked high but were eliminated unfairly or after giving 1 weak performance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

I dont disagree but S25 isn't alone in this regard, you could say this with any season. There are always contestants that peaked high but were eliminated unfairly or after giving 1 weak performance.

Gene i think is the odd one out. i dont think any of the others were weak in their eliminated performance. Val was slightly messy but not bad, and i think people didnt like OK3 for whatever reason but they were great to me

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Misirlou said:

It makes me wonder what might have been had Reba accepted the offer to be a coach in season 1. She probably would have scored 10 wins or more, and left a better legacy than Blake before leaving.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kenneth96 said:

It makes me wonder what might have been had Reba accepted the offer to be a coach in season 1. She probably would have scored 10 wins or more, and left a better legacy than Blake before leaving.

I´m not sure about that one. Reba is the perfect replacement, but Blake pretty much got The Voice it´s audience for obvious reasons. Minivan (for the most part) respects Reba. They LOVED Blake.

• Like 1