The Voice General Discussion Thread 🧵

istersay

5 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

What are y'all's thoughts on Aliyah Moulden? I haven't seen her talked about much here but I didn't want to create a whole new thread about her.

I didn't mind her, I just preferred others that season!

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

What are y'all's thoughts on Aliyah Moulden? I haven't seen her talked about much here but I didn't want to create a whole new thread about her.

One of the weirdest runs on the show. At the start of the live shows, it seemed like they were trying to get rid of her (she got awful performance spots and pretty meh song choices) and then out of the blue they decided to pimp her and bus Brennley instead. 

Personally I really liked her voice, but her song choices held her back and she wasn't as good as Vanessa, Lauren, Hunter or Chris.

• Like 1

Just now, Angeles said:

I didn't mind her, I just preferred others that season!

That makes sense - I suspect 95% of people on here were rooting for Chris or Lauren in the finale, so that naturally leaves few people preferring Aliyah over the others (me included, I preferred Chris).

Just now, Daillon said:

One of the weirdest runs on the show. At the start of the live shows, it seemed like they were trying to get rid of her (she got awful performance spots and pretty meh song choices) and then out of the blue they decided to pimp her and bus Brennley instead. 

Personally I really liked her voice, but her song choices held her back and she wasn't as good as Vanessa, Lauren, Hunter or Chris.

That's interesting; as I didn't watch in Season 12 I didn't know that about the first part. I really like Aliyah (and I used to not like Vanessa that much / thought she was overhyped) but recently I've been really loving Vanessa, and she does feel like a more complete artist to me - plus, I really haven't seen anyone else like her.

3 minutes ago, Daillon said:

My theory on this is they wanted Chris to win, and decided that Aaliyah in the final would hurt Lauren more then Brennley in the final. 

I also think they wanted Hunter in the final, and didn’t count on Aaliyah beating him in votes 

• Like 1

I’m not very familiar with her run on the show, I actually only watched her BA and battle (maybe her KO too ? Don’t remember) and though that Dawson was better vocally imo but she comes off very energetic and powerful so I kinda see why Blake picked her.

She’s more memorable to me because of Felicia’s reaction when she got the PV, iconic :wub:

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

She was fine but didn’t deserve finals over Vanessa and Hunter

• Like 2

2 hours ago, QueenCami said:

She's my favorite in Season 12 and I maintained her fan thread for years even after her season, posting new music and shows. I was very happy when she got the public vote to the finale. When the servers were wiped out in the middle of Season 17, I didn't have the chance to remake her fan thread. I have the archive of the OP saved on my laptop, for when I have a chance to create her fan thread again (probably after this season). 🙂

Edited by season1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, QueenCami said:

Sorry, but she's one of those few contestants that I can't stand.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Sorry, but she's one of those few contestants that I can't stand.

It's not that i can't stand her, but i'm still salty asf that she made it to the finale over Hunter. I guess being on Team Blake, having a sob story and singing a religious song in the Semifinal guarantees you a public vote. Not to mention she flopped in the finale, what a waste 🙃

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Angeles said:

I was looking through some old performances and came across Jean Kelley, what are your thoughts on her?  

Some post the infamous Gwen reaction please. I can't find it anywhere :haha:

Edited by Someone648
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The girl who lost to TJW was her roommate and praised her in some articles about her journey on The Voice. That’s pretty much all I know about her lmaooo plus she had the nerve to ask Blake and Gwen to fight for her that must’ve been awkward af lol

57 minutes ago, AliXRose said:

The girl who lost to TJW was her roommate and praised her in some articles about her journey on The Voice. That’s pretty much all I know about her lmaooo plus she had the nerve to ask Blake and Gwen to fight for her that must’ve been awkward af lol

I think she wanted them to engage in a 80s dance-off iirc (lmao). 

6 hours ago, Daillon said:

I think she wanted them to engage in a 80s dance-off iirc (lmao). 

I think it was an interpretive dance that showed her why they wanted her on their teams iirc. 🤔

weird GIF

Edited by disney1024
  • Thanks 1