The Voice 🟦 S24 🟦 Spoilers/News/Updates Reba, John, Gwen, Niall

Someone648

Just now, Teraginn said:

Β 

Um so like NBC in their infinite wisdom decided that I should not have a say in who my snowflake will be this season so they eliminated my two early faves, Reid and Tom.

Β 

Little do they know, I have been purposely stanning some people from afar as a contingency plan coz I KNEW this show doesn't want me to be happy!

Β 

Huntley (and maybe BIAS) shall avenge their former comrades, mark my words!

You're just going from guy to guy and hoping one of them sticks huh.Β  :dead:

• Haha 3

Just now, QueenKalie said:

You're just going from guy to guy and hoping one of them sticks huh.Β  :dead:

Β 

Seriously though, I was already interested in Huntley/BIAS before, I just latched on to Reid/Tom earlier. I wanted to wait for Huntley/BIAS's auditions. The latter didn't quite deliver, but seeing how Huntley has been winning every round with relative ease, gives me a little confidence.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Zerek said:

Wow seeing all these old idf users returning is a blast! I will never forget Weirdoo unironically stanning Lynnea Moorer and all of us being gagged when she performed Wolves and survived the instant save πŸ’€

my favorite weirdoo moment is when chris blue won and he made a thread to celebrate lauren’s loss and laugh at her fans for celebrating her win all day leading up to results night…. it caused world war III…. good times.

Edited by wildestinvegas
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

@Hamza TufailΒ @FloorWaxΒ @allistrΒ @Gustavo527Β since I was mostly right about playoffs.

Β 

Power ranking how the top 12 will do without team quotas. Prepared to Flop. Talent doesn’t deign shit. This is based on how I THINK it will go. Not on how it DESERVES to go.

Β 

1. Nini - I predict she will win if they want a Niall win. She’s his best singer IMO.

Β 

2. Ruby or Jordan - I think Reba is the new Blake so two country girls on her team will be number 2 & number 3. Ruby might win, but 3 country girls in the top 12 could result in some vote splitting come the finale. If a country singer wins though, it will be Ruby, but Jordan could overtake her as runner up if Ruby does not win.

Β 

3. Jordan or Jacquie - If minivan doesn’t like Jordan, Jacquie could be 3rd placer instead of her, but she won’t beat Ruby.

Β 

4. Jordan or Jacquie - If Nini wins, I could actually see three country girls being 3 of the 4 runners up.
Β 

5. Mac - We need a soulful r&b singer in the finale from Team John. Rose, DeSz, J. Holiday, Victor, Jershika, NOIVAS, etc. A few seasons ago Lila could have pulled a Maelyn, but not anymore. I don’t entirely blame John for that.

Β 

6.Β Tanner - No he is not a good singer. THAT DOES NOT MATTER. I know I said he was going to win but I wasn’t thinking clearly after Chechi got eliminated sorry.Β Mixed bag. If their are team quotas, he could be Gwen’s finale representative as a teenage boy, attracting the weird moms from minivan who find him adorable. I could see him winning or pulling a Kique. I’m deeply sorry but Chechi would have been much lower on here. That’s not fun but it’s realistic. If she was Team Reba maybe she could break the curse & win, but on Team Gwen it wasn’t going to happen.

Β 

7. Lila - Team John made up half the top 8 last year. She will likely beat the top 12 but not make the finale. She’s like the Kim of the season. Kaylee would have been the Parijita. If she was on Team Niall I could see her winning, but their coach makes a huge difference.

Β 

8. BIAS - This list is not about talent. It’s realistic. Country Britton Buchanan had a terrible audition but he’s young & has a folk country sound that could help him. He’s not going to win the entire season because he’s on team Gwen & this is not a country guy’s season but I think he has a chance to make it past the top 12 eliminations.

Β 

9. Huntley - Like I said above, this is not a country guys season. I am a fan of his though as you can see that I was made OP of his fan thread. But yeah, if there are team quotas, Nini is representing Team Niall. If a country guy somehow miraculously wins this season (it’s not going to happen) it’s going to be BIAS.

Β 

10. Mara - If she was on Team John & this was a male heavy season, I could see her getting 5th over Mac, but with so many females, I don’t think she’ll go that far. If she was on Team Reba, 3rd place maybe if this wasn’t a country girl season. If this was about talent, she’d be much higher. Likely number 4 or even 3.

Β 

11. Kara - She is not a favorite of either IDF or minivan. If their are team quotas & Tanner drops out of the competition for some reason, BIAS will take Gwen to the finale.Β 

Β 

12. AzΓ‘n - Do I need to explain further?
Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Jaffy

3 minutes ago, Jaffy said:

@Hamza TufailΒ since I was mostly right

Β 

Power ranking how the top 12 will do without team quotas. Prepared to Flop.

Β 

1. Nini - I predict she will win if they want a Niall win. She’s his best singer IMO.

Β 

2. Ruby or Jordan - I think Reba is the new Blake so two country girls on her team will be number 2 & number 3. Ruby might win, but 3 country girls in the top 12 could result in some vote splitting come the finale. If a country singer wins though, it will be Ruby, but Jordan could overtake her as runner up if Ruby does not win.

Β 

3. Jordan or Jacquie - If minivan doesn’t like Jordan, Jacquie could be 3rd placer instead of her, but she won’t beat Ruby.

Β 

4. Jordan or Jacquie - If Nini wins, I could actually see three country girls being 3 of the 4 runners up.
Β 

5. Mac - We need a soulful r&b singer in the finale from Team John. Rose, DeSz, J. Holiday, Victor, Jershika, NOIVAS, etc. A few seasons ago Lila could have pulled a Maelyn, but not anymore. I don’t entirely blame John for that.

Β 

6.Β Tanner - No he is not a good singer. THAT DOES NOT MATTER. I know I said he was going to win but I wasn’t thinking clearly after Chechi got eliminated sorry.Β Mixed bag. If their are team quotas, he could be Gwen’s winner as a teenage boy, attracting the weird moms from minivan who find him adorable. I could see him winning or pulling a Kique. I’m deeply sorry but Chechi would have been much lower on here. That’s not fun but it’s realistic. If she was Team Reba maybe she could break the curse & win, but on Team Gwen it wasn’t going to happen.

Β 

7. Lila - Team John made up half the top 8 last year. She will likely beat the top 12 but not make the finale. She’s like the Kim of the season. Kaylee would have been the Parijita. If she was on Team Niall I could see her winning, but their coach makes a huge difference.

Β 

8. BIAS - This list is not about talent. It’s realistic. Country Britton Buchanan had a terrible audition but he’s young & has a folk country sound that could help him. He’s not going to win the entire season because he’s on team Gwen & this is not a country guy’s season but I think he has a chance to make it past the top 12 eliminations.

Β 

9. Huntley - Like I said above, this is not a country guys season. I am a fan of his though as you can see that I was made OP of his fan thread. But yeah, if there are team quotas, Nini is representing Team Niall. If a country guy somehow miraculously wins this season (it’s not going to happen) it’s going to be BIAS.

Β 

10. Mara - If she was on Team John & this was a male heavy season, I could see her getting 5th over Mac, but with so many females, I don’t think she’ll go that far. If she was on Team Reba, 3rd place maybe if this wasn’t a country girl season. If this was about talent, she’d be much higher. Likely number 4 or even 3.

Β 

11. Kara - She is not a favorite of either IDF or minivan. If their are team quotas & Tanner drops out of the competition for some reason, BIAS will take Gwen to the finale.Β 

Β 

12. AzΓ‘n - Do I need to explain further?
Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

I feel like you're working on some assumptions that are very questionable right now. Minivan still has some hold on the voting, but not as strong as before, since they made the switch to limit voting to one per account (am I remembering that right?). I fully believe that shift is what gave Niall the win last season.

Β 

We absolutely have no reason to believe there is a Team Reba voting bloc ready to push for her artists ala Blake. I know Reba is charismatic and has wide appeal, but Blake cultivated his fanbase for years. Does Reba have that kind of pull? Remains to be seen.

Β 

And you are also vastly overestimating Tanner. The only way teens get success nowadays is if they're country, projects as really young, or on Team Blake. I feel like Tanner doesn't fit that. Maybe he's monstrously skilled and we're not seeing it yet. But yeah, jury's still out on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

I mean I don't even think he'll be THAT country. Certainly not as country as BIAS. Didn't Huntley sing a freaking Bon Jovi song in KOs?

Β 

Country-rock then, which I’m all for. He’s gonna sound country no matter what he does.

Just now, FloorWax said:

Β 

Country-rock then, which I’m all for. He’s gonna sound country no matter what he does.

Β 

I don't know, he sounds more rock to me, especially on his older stuff.

Β 

He posted a story today of him singing Can't You See in the Voice stairwell. Even that felt a little more rock than country to me.

Β 

But I guess that blurring of genres is part of the appeal.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

I feel like you're working on some assumptions that are very questionable right now. Minivan still has some hold on the voting, but not as strong as before, since they made the switch to limit voting to one per account (am I remembering that right?). I fully believe that shift is what gave Niall the win last season.

Β 

We absolutely have no reason to believe there is a Team Reba voting bloc ready to push for her artists ala Blake. I know Reba is charismatic and has wide appeal, but Blake cultivated his fanbase for years. Does Reba have that kind of pull? Remains to be seen.

Β 

And you are also vastly overestimating Tanner. The only way teens get success nowadays is if they're country, projects as really young, or on Team Blake. I feel like Tanner doesn't fit that. Maybe he's monstrously skilled and we're not seeing it yet. But yeah, jury's still out on that.

Fair enough. But this is my prediction & will remain so for the rest of the season until the 1 or 2 weeks of live shows. I don’t think Tanner is monstrously skilled. I don’t think he’s even that talented. THAT DOES NOT MATTER. He could easily be Kique or Ryan Sill though.

Edited by Jaffy

13 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

Β 

I don't know, he sounds more rock to me, especially on his older stuff.

Β 

He posted a story today of him singing Can't You See in the Voice stairwell. Even that felt a little more rock than country to me.

Β 

But I guess that blurring of genres is part of the appeal.

Just saw it.

Β 

He's gonna kill that Bon Jovi song.

I don't understand why TPTB felt the super save twist was necessary. Maybe the three contestants who were eliminatedβ€”againβ€”at least gave an extra performance that will air. Azan apparently lost both her battle and knockout yet survived the playoffs as John's super save, so it will be interesting to see what happened during her blind audition.

Β 

Some viewers will be happy that only soloists made teams this season. While the show's main audience may not be thrilled about the first live episode having 8 females and 4 males, I thought most people here would be ecstatic.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, RTV said:

Azan apparently lost both her battle and knockout yet survived the playoffs as John's super save, so it will be interesting to see what happened during her blind audition.

She has the most interesting trajectory of any contestant this season for sure. A true underdog/comeback narrative

• Like 1

AzΓ‘n must have had a D. Smooth level Playoff performance because otherwise her advancing doesn’t make a lot of sense? As RTV said, she lost both her Battle and KO. (Then again, so did Craig Wayne Boyd but…)

Just now, FloorWax said:

AzΓ‘n must have had a D. Smooth level Playoff performance because otherwise her advancing doesn’t make a lot of sense? As RTV said, she lost both her Battle and KO. (Then again, so did Craig Wayne Boyd but…)

Β 

And why she even chosen as a comeback in the first place? Did she just have terrible luck, being paired with people with much more favor than her?

3 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

I know I didn’t say much about KO order or anything but I will say steals were gone during AzΓ‘n’s KO, and for all we know her battle was really good. This does imply she outlasted whoever she beat, though.

2 minutes ago, VintageVoice said:

Maybe I’m just blind/dumb but can someone explain what the super save even is (if we know)? I tried to find Β out more about it upthread but gave up lmao

Just the fancy word for Coach comeback

• Like 1