The Voice 23 ● Live Finale Top 5 Performances ● Discussion

istersay

2 minutes ago, CocoaPuffs said:

Idek if she even has a chance but I cast my vote for Gina. 

She's got a really good chance, ABSOLUTELY vote for her!! The only person who can take it from her is Grace so...

• Like 1

good luck to D Smooth . i think he easily won the night.

• Like 3

Just now, kclarkson1323 said:

I've watched many get pimped and lose over the years

Yeah, but with the voting format, she is probably winning. The voting window just opened, most people already forgot about all the performances except hers lol.

At least the Directioners will be happy, i guess 

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, jdanton2 said:

good luck to D Smooth . i think he easily won the night.

I was debating between voting for Sorelle and D. Smooth, but gave d smooth my vote in the end 

Edited by xfactor22

1 hour ago, istersay said:

I thought minivan likes Grace and not him, but I avoid FB so I'm not sure

Facebook likes Grace more overall, though perhaps the performances changed that tonight.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, indodol said:

Grace's number on FB so far is still above everyone else (Gina's second vid hasnt been posted tho)

& Gina is winning Twitter likes by a lot. 

so depends on where you look. 

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, I have to admit they´re hindering Blake. Will it work though? Not sure. For now I´m gonna say no.

At the very least, I have hope that they don't want him to make up the top two.

Just catching up. 

Grace's upbeat performance.. I thought I heard her go sharp the first few notes to start but she was solid after that. Nothing groundbreaking, but solid is good enough for an uptempo performance imo.

Also catching up with the performances right now and wow it really took until the finale for NOIVAS to have one performance I enjoyed LMAO (but yeah Cold was pretty good)

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Linds said:

& Gina is winning Twitter likes by a lot. 

so depends on where you look. 

I'd be perfectly fine with Gina winning but Twitter has never been a reliable indicator (at least compared to FB)

- D. Smooth's Johnny Gill performance

solid performance. A very good fit for his voice, and dare I say one of his smoothest. Thought this was better than his semifinal and audition.

- Sorelle's rendition of a million reasons

was alright. Not perfect by any means, I thought the girl in the middle was a bit shaky and seems to be the weak link in the group. The high note they harmonized in sounded unpleasant to me tbh, sounded sharp, as well as a few other moments. But the 2 blonde singers were mostly solid throughout 

- NOIVAS on cold

sounded like he was singing too high throughout the entire performance. I didn't like it, but it wasn't a complete mess like Skyfall 

- Gina's upbeat performance

was mostly solid albeit a bit karaoke imo. Sounded like she was starting to lose breath control once the 2nd chorus started though and it was like that until the end. 

- Grace's ballad

was the best performance of the night. No complaints. Her belts sounded more full and round this time around, and more pleasant to the ears than they were in the SF. No pitch issues, flat or sharp notes to be found in this performance. Perfect honestly, might be the best live performance of the season.

- NOIVAS - dragonfly

A bit messy as usual but I actually think this is his best live performance. His voice didn't sound too high for the song and he actually nailed the high notes (except the end lmao what was that). Just like Gina's upbeat it felt a bit karaoke quality to me, but it was a fun performance which is the main goal for upbeat performances. So good job NOIVAS.

D. Smooth cover of Caldwell

- another solid performance by D. Smooth. He's probably the only contestant in the lives who hasn't really missed vocally other than Grace, even if the level of vocals is just solid.

- Sorelle cover of ain't no mountain high

I think NOIVAS and Sorelle just do better on upbeat songs, which isn't the norm for contestants on the voice. This is a fun performance and the best their harmonies have sounded live. I heard someone go sharp during one of the harmonies and it continues near the end. Other then that, no nitpicks.

- Gina's ballad

Gina just sounds much better on ballads cause it allows her tone to shine. I think her flips on "nothing" could have been a bit smoother but it's just me being a nitpicky $^^@*(!. This was good 

This was a solid group of performances, my ranking would be 

1. Grace Ballad

2. D. Smooth's upbeat

3. D. Smooth's ballad

4. Gina's ballad

5. Grace's uptempo

6. NOIVAS uptempo

7. Gina's uptempo

8. Sorelle's uptempo

9. Sorelle's ballad 

10. NOIVAS ballad 

Honestly, everything from 5-10 is of similar quality to me and not much seperation. Would probably change upon relisten. I'm pretty confident in my top 4 though.

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Sorelle´s start into their ballad was so beautiful, I just wish they didn´t go so hard on the high notes, because they came out rough.

Yeah was enjoying it up until then. Would rather a performance start rough than end rough.

Edited by Hsamid

Oh my GODDD Gina slayed!!! 😍

Only watched Gina's performances so far but WOWWW! Way better than I even imagined. And why did everyone say she was bandzilla'd on "Style" lmao? She wasn't at all. The choruses you could hear the band and her equal parts, but she stood out throughout the WHOLE song? Her voice cuts through so much and they basically just duetted with her occasionally. I was really impressed with that performance, she made it work so well and I honestly didn't expect it to be so good esp after reading the comments here. "Nothing Compares To You" was just FLAWLESS. She hit some insane notes and I genuinely preferred it to the original. She was pitch perfect all night. 

She really couldn't have performed any better imo, I really hope she wins and I'd say she stands a great chance after a night like that. 👑

• Like 3

Just now, Stacey. said:

Oh my GODDD Gina slayed!!! 😍

Only watched Gina's performances so far but WOWWW! Way better than I even imagined. And why did everyone say she was bandzilla'd on "Style" lmao? She wasn't at all. The choruses you could hear the band and her equal parts, but she stood out throughout the WHOLE song? Her voice cuts through so much and they basically just duetted with her occasionally. I was really impressed with that performance, she made it work so well and I honestly didn't expect it to be so good esp after reading the comments here. "Nothing Compares To You" was just FLAWLESS. She hit some insane notes and I genuinely preferred it to the original. She was pitch perfect all night. 

She really couldn't have performed any better imo, I really hope she wins and I'd say she stands a great chance after a night like that. 👑

she had a great night, and looked stunning

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Has anyone ever won from Grace's spot placement before??

If I remember correctly. Craig Wayne Boyd (Season 7) finished first among 4 finalists.

I checked wiki and he had the performance slots 2, 5 and 9. He performed first in rounds 2 and 3, and second in round 1.

Edited by season1
  • Like 1