The Voice vs. American Idol

Raquel01

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Dammit.

No AI on Sunday?

Guess Imma have to choose The voice. 8 performances over 5, and we are finally hearing them live for the first time. Meanwhile, Disney week is overdone at this point.

lol of course there is a sunday idol show, the thread has been up, but the Monday Idol show is a recap and not live

• Like 1

excited for Idol tomorrow. Megan is probably by far my favorite, but Wé is sure to give us some vocally epic performances. Zachariah is also okay.

i hope we get some inspired song choices a la "Poor Unfortunate Souls" i say as if i don't know the entire list of song choices already although i don't recognize all of them so perhaps this statement isn't useless

The Voice has better song choices this week . that Idol theme is so over done.

1 hour ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah who wants to hear people sing the same Disney songs over and over every year.

Who wants to hear the same songs over and over on The Voice lol? This is like the 50th time someone has sang All I Want. I think I’ve heard all the “haunting” renditions of it I need to hear. 

Also I’ll just leave these here…

k18cHCQ.jpg

OIV3zLr.jpg

QWC28bZ.jpg

Edited by Carrie_On
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Carrie_On said:

Who wants to hear the same songs over and over on The Voice lol? This is like the 50th time someone has sang All I Want. I think I’ve heard all the “haunting” renditions of it I need to hear. 

Also I’ll just leave these here…

k18cHCQ.jpg

OIV3zLr.jpg

OIV3zLr.jpg

Sure all singing shows could use to broaden there library some more. That's not a good defense to run the same generic theme every year though. This is just a classic defense mechanism. 😂

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

Sure all singing shows could use to broaden there library some more. That's not a good defense to run the same generic theme every year though. This is just a classic defense mechanism. 😂

Disney will never waste a chance to wh*re out their music library lol. This theme is always one of their most successful ratings nights every season. 

4 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

The Bible Belt weren’t gonna part with their good ol’ country boy, Colin. 

I have barely watched Idol, but I know a lot about singers like that always making finale there. Minivan seems to be possibly even more powerful in terms of Idol voting

Edited by Cookie73
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

I have barely watched Idol, but I know a lot about singers like that always making finale there. Minivan seems to be possibly even more powerful in terms of Idol voting

The Voice has an advantage with having more diverse winners because people are usually voting for their favorite coach, too. Blake has won a gazillion times because of the country and minivan voters, but it’s helped that he’s had people like Cam, Chloe, etc. who may not have won had they been on someone else’s team. Had Wé been on Blake’s team instead of Alicia’s, she may have won her season. It’s hard to tell when people are also voting for the coach. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

The Voice has an advantage with having more diverse winners because people are usually voting for their favorite coach, too. Blake has won a gazillion times because of the country and minivan voters, but it’s helped that he’s had people like Cam, Chloe, etc. who may not have won had they been on someone else’s team. Had Wé been on Blake’s team instead of Alicia’s, she may have won her season. It’s hard to tell when people are also voting for the coach. 

Something worth mentioning is that The Voice’s producers get way more involved than Idol’s. The Voice pushes for people who fit a narrative (new coach winning, Blake winning in the 10th anniversary, etc…) and stops everyone who can threaten that.

On the other hand it doesn’t seem like Idol gives a F. They let things run its course, which is why we keep getting WGWGs as winners.

7 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Something worth mentioning is that The Voice’s producers get way more involved than Idol’s. The Voice pushes for people who fit a narrative (new coach winning, Blake winning in the 10th anniversary, etc…) and stops everyone who can threaten that.

On the other hand it doesn’t seem like Idol gives a F. They let things run its course, which is why we keep getting WGWGs as winners.

Yeah but does it really matter who wins either show anymore lol? Especially The Voice. The contestants are an afterthought on The Voice. All they care about is if Blake is going to win his last season or Niall will win his first season. As much as we dislike Colin, he has the best shot at becoming a success after the show. He fits right into the modern country scene. 

American Idol tried messing with things back in Season 12 by casting only flaming gay/minority/bad male singers so they could get a female winner again, and their ratings went to hell lol. A drop from 18 million viewers to 12 million viewers in the same season. They’re not gonna have another season without some actual male contenders. If they want to experiment with making the judges “coaches” and giving them teams, then Luke might win it with an indie pop girl that IDF loves. 

Edited by Carrie_On