The Voice vs. American Idol

Raquel01

13 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

They just need to move them to streaming services so there less of a potential for minivan to mess it up. Or just completely eliminate fan voting. 

I do think moving to streaming services would help the demo. I am not optimistic that eliminating fan voting would help anything because I would think that judges are then involved & considering their decisions & reactions to contestants the results could be pretty similar.

8 hours ago, istersay said:

Next week, Monday May 8 the Voice will have The Playoffs Part 2  but Jeopardy Masters is on ABC so Idol going back to just Sundays?

That'd be awesome, and everyone that has ditched the voice for idol so far won't have an excuse to not watch both now 🙂 

you know who you are.

Edited by Hsamid
  • Haha 8

I watched AI for the first time this season. It was pretty good. 

We was by far the best of the Voice alums. She’s come a long way. Megan was fine…she has too much rasp for me, though. Mary Beth had a terrible song choice, and I thought she might be going home at the end. 

I wasn’t a fan of any of them on The Voice. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I watched AI for the first time this season. It was pretty good. 

We was by far the best of the Voice alums. She’s come a long way. Megan was fine…she has too much rasp for me, though. Mary Beth had a terrible song choice, and I thought she might be going home at the end. 

I wasn’t a fan of any of them on The Voice. 

The talent level is honestly great this season! If only we had more weeks + better song choices but eh

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Oh we know unfortunately :/

If that means he won't win, then the comparison is fine with me :P

(I'm betting on second place unless he suddenly starts pulling out more DOMOs, but I would love Wé to go above him)

4 minutes ago, nytsch said:

If that means he won't win, then the comparison is fine with me :P

(I'm betting on second place unless he suddenly starts pulling out more DOMOs, but I would love Wé to go above him)

LMAO lettuce manifest this!

I could honestly see We or Megan surpass him, they are coming in HOT weekly

• Like 1

I’ll just say….. I was anticipating today’s episode of Idol more than I am tomorrow’s episode of The Voice. I’ll still be tuning in but this season of TV is kinda lost on me.

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

LMAO lettuce manifest this!

I could honestly see We or Megan surpass him, they are coming in HOT weekly

Hopefully at least one of them will be in the Top 5 this year

15 minutes ago, nytsch said:

Megan was her best yet tonight imo. I haven't fully bought into her so far despite liking some performances, but I thought this was fantastic.

Megan has improved a lot on the show. I feel like she has had a huge upward trajectory throughout the competition. I think her run here is better than her run on The Voice for sure

• Like 6

Also, judges saves on Idol seem to be less effective than coach saves in The Voice. 2 contestants got saved last week, and both were eliminated tonight. At least with the team format, it’s easier for coach saves to advance over PVs from other teams

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Oh we know unfortunately :/

Yeah…the “awe shucks” demeanor, and he’s actually pretty funny. I mean, I’m not gonna vote for him, but I can see the threat from a mile away. He’s probably still viewed as an underdog by most, though. 

• Like 2

Just watched Wé's performance. 

I think I didn't like the first half that much. The tone she has, I wanted her to do the Acapella opening, and  the band to keep quiet, like in Christina Aguilera's version or even Cadence Baker's performance. But maybe that's bc she did the original version, and not the Christina Aguilera Version?

But the 2nd half was a SLAYAGE. She slaughtered it. Those rock-ish? notes and the other high notes at the end were just mind blowing.

I haven't watched other performances, but I don't think anyone can top Wé for me for my fav performance of the night, after that slayage. (Maybe someone will, but I just don't think so, considering how much I loved her performance.)

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Colin is definitely the snowflake killer type we tend to have on The Voice. I imagine he´s getting the same treatment in the Idol thread discussions. (Haven´t read them).

His Dancing On My Own was good (and pretty well liked across the board). He never seems to give a performance that good when it actually counts for votes though...

• Like 1