The Voice vs. American Idol

Raquel01

Just now, Mathacoo200315 said:

So did everyone EXCEPTIONAL just flock to Idol for 2024…?

jesus yall we're an hour into the first episode 😭 lets save the torches for a rainy day when we hit knockouts and there's still apparently no one good this season 

• Like 3

Just now, Hsamid said:

Yeah Idol singers are on a completely different level (so far)

I have no doubt in my mind that we have better acts coming up..... it's just unfortunate that the Voice chooses to put their worst foot forward with this premiere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, QueenKalie said:

If the Voice wants to compete with Idol they are going to have to start making the show more contestant friendly. Because the best singers have no incentive to choose the Voice over Idol.

I agree but bold take... Idol's artists aren't that much better. They're just easier to root for.

1 minute ago, Teraginn said:

I agree but bold take... Idol's artists aren't that much better. They're just easier to root for.

I only think this is a recent development though. Previously I think The Voice contestants usei to crush Idol contestants.

• Like 2

Just now, QueenKalie said:

I only think this is a recent development though. Previously I think The Voice contestants usei to crush Idol contestants.

Yeah. I have no doubt The Voice will turn itself around from this terrible premiere.

But I'll say though, ep 1 was solid. I'm looking forward to McKenna's next performances. 

I'm anxiously waiting for Will Moseley who I think has a chance of being my fav singer of the season.

I have high hopes for Hailey as well. Her audition wasn't a banger, but it was a nice first impression.

44 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Didn’t care much for Abi.

Nice to see I'm not crazy, I really don't know what the judges were so hyped about with her :ph34rwave:

I'm Team McKenna so far on that show

Just now, QueenKalie said:

McKenna and KB are my favorites. 

I liked the clip of KB singing Heaven that someone posted but I didn't care much for her audition. Too slowed down. I'm looking forward to her next performances though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Solid group. Didn’t care much for Abi. Hailey definitely improved but still not too much my thing

38 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

Nice to see I'm not crazy, I really don't know what the judges were so hyped about with her :ph34rwave:

I'm Team McKenna so far on that show

Not the Abi slander smh.

1 hour ago, Hsamid said:

Speaking of AI vs The voice. Did y'all prefer S24 of the voice or S21 of AI? Strictly speaking the contestants and performances?

Both had great contestants who went home early (Kaeyra, Kaylee, Noah S) and the people who made it far are a mixed bag on both seasons. The quality isn’t too different but I think TV24 had higher highs and AI21 was more consistent. Personally I prefer the Voice cast though.

• Like 1