Has there been a country male that you supported, and if not, respected through their whole run?

Misirlou

I've thrown support to a bunch of male country artists before. Two of my all time favorite snowflakes are country: Barrett Baber and Kameron Marlowe to be precise. I don't usually gravitate towards these kinds of artists, but when I do, I go whole hog.

I also will say that Jake Hoot is a contestant that I totally ignored during his run on the show (I was too distracted being in the #BlueCrew that season), but I've come to really appreciate his victorious run. He's actually my favorite non-snowflake male country artist, and my favorite Kelly artist besides Corey.

Edited by Teraginn

I supported James David Carter, but that didn’t go well. I wanted to support Kenzie, but he didn’t rise to the occasion when the lights were the brightest. 

I like a lot of male country singers outside of the show (mostly classic, not the current crap). On the show, I have a difficult time supporting them because of the huge advantage they have with the audience. I tend to support underdogs. 

I enjoy country, and I do love a good, rich deep tone for it. 

People like CWB, Andrew Sevener and Dexter Roberts came to mind for country guys I´ve enjoyed on the show. I didn´t mind Red Marlow either, he does have a pleasant classic country sound. The hybrids like Adam Wakefield and Sundance have also been on my support list. I loved the blues/rock combination that Chris Kroeze implemented with country. (If anything he only sang like two country songs on the show, if you think about it). 

I enjoyed Kenzie and Kirk´s prelives, but they didn´t measure up when the lights came on. Same with Bryce so far. I do hope he comes across and delivers next.

• Like 2

Sundance was the most deserving finalist that season and I was okay-ish with Jake Hoot winning. I liked Ian Flannigan to some extent but Cami Clune was robbed period. Pryor Baird and Rod Stokes but I’m not quite sure whether they fall into the country lane, they seemed more blues to me.

Adam Wakefield and Sundance Head were wire to wire snowflakes. 

I was in on James David Carte till he fizzled out then moved to Craig Wayne Boyd.  

The Swon Brothers were second tier but if Fuzzy Swon was a solo act I think I would have been a fan. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gabe0101 said:

IDF hates on them because they are the most threats to their snowflakes. Bryce is one of the best we have had in awhile. 

IDF hates them because they get rewarded for doing the bare minimum:yawnwave:

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

Bryce Leatherwood, Kenzie Wheeler, Sundance Head, Kameron Marlowe, Adam Wakefield etc.

I do tend to like males that kind of cross over into country with rock more (Todd Tilghman, Mitchell Lee, Pete Mroz, etc.)

S13-S16 just had a dreadful mix of country males that kept on making it to lives despite being dreadful. Didn't like a single one of Blake's country guys in his top 3 from those seasons. It was a long drought from Sundance Head to Jake Hoot regarding country males though. We're in a much better spot now.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

S13-S16 just had a dreadful mix of country males that kept on making it to lives despite being dreadful. Didn't like a single one of Blake's country guys in his top 3 from those seasons.

Ughhhh yes lmao. It didn’t help that those were my first 4 seasons watching the show live. That’s why Jake Hoot was a surprise to me because I hadn’t liked a country male before, except some of Dexter’s performances from the previous season. 

6 hours ago, gabe0101 said:

IDF hates on them because they are the most threats to their snowflakes. Bryce is one of the best we have had in awhile. 

If his other performances were as good as his blind or at least his battle, then I'd agree with you. Since his KO, his tone hasn't stood out as much and he's been pretty pitchy. Just my opinion though

Honestly, all of S17's country guys were pretty good. I never had any issue with Jake, Zach, or Cory at least. Jake might've had plenty of boring performances, but he could mostly actually hit the notes he was trying to hit, which is rare for a country guy. 

40 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Bryce Leatherwood, Kenzie Wheeler, Sundance Head, Kameron Marlowe, Adam Wakefield etc.

I do tend to like males that kind of cross over into country with rock more (Todd Tilghman, Mitchell Lee, Pete Mroz, etc.)

S13-S16 just had a dreadful mix of country males that kept on making it to lives despite being dreadful. Didn't like a single one of Blake's country guys in his top 3 from those seasons. It was a long drought from Sundance Head to Jake Hoot regarding country males though. We're in a much better spot now.

Agreed mostly, though I think I have to single out Dexter Roberts as an exception. Dude's a legit good singer. He's just had the misfortune of being in a country-heavy season and getting lost in the shuffle. He should have been the runner-up, not Gyth.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Honestly, all of S17's country guys were pretty good. I never had any issue with Jake, Zach, or Cory at least. Jake might've had plenty of boring performances, but he could mostly actually hit the notes he was trying to hit, which is rare for a country guy. 

Now that you mentioned it, I liked those three to some degree that season. I think the right country guy rose to the top though. If y'all watched enough of Jake's singing on social media, you would know that he's actually a great tenor voice. It just that his genre doesn't showcase it as well as we'd want to.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

Cory´s blind and battle were good. I did find his combination of country and theatrics interesting.

Zach´s blind was decent, but that´s about it for me, and I think Cory outsung him big time on the battle. Plus his KO was all over the place. He wasn´t ready for primetime.

Jake got  inconsisent in the middle of the lives, but when his performances hit, they HIT. His battle, KO, Playoffs (quite an underrated performance), and Semis were great. 

• Like 1

I tried to look for Dexter Roberts' performances since he seems to be at least respected here. His first three performances were really good, actually.

All his other performances are lost media now, i didn't found them anywhere. But i remember really liking "Here Without You*

Nope, both country male and female contenders are mostly nasally boring and always or 90% the songs they choose to sing are the most boring country songs  in the universe I've ever heard. There should be a country singing reality competition show individually, stay away from The Voice, leave other types of singers alone, let them breathe, JESUS!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, iloveadam said:

Nope, both country male and female contenders are mostly nasally boring and always or 90% the songs they choose to sing are the most boring country songs  in the universe I've ever heard. There should be a country singing reality competition show individually, stay away from The Voice, leave other types of singers alone, let them breathe, JESUS!

I appreciate this level of honesty :P

3 hours ago, Teraginn said:

Agreed mostly, though I think I have to single out Dexter Roberts as an exception. Dude's a legit good singer. He's just had the misfortune of being in a country-heavy season and getting lost in the shuffle. He should have been the runner-up, not Gyth.

I can agree that Dexter (and Chris Kroeze) are good, but I wasn’t able to get into them at all.

5 hours ago, Misirlou said:

I'll always find it funny how Dexter and Andrew Sevener started as the hated ones whereas at first IDF respected Gyth and wouldn't have minded him in the finale.

At the end IDF wanted Gyth's head and actually appreciated the other two a lot more.

Yeah, I actually liked Gyth's blind!

Looks like Bryce is following a similar trajectory..