DWTS Season 31 Discussion

*Amanda

Yeah, I suppose Johnny qualifies as a ringer, but I feel like all the “prior dance experience” talk was all directed towards Kaitlyn that season. :haha: Nev was the biggest ringer of the season but the show and viewers conveniently ignored that since he’s a guy. :rolleyes:

Edited by *Amanda
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, *Amanda said:

Yeah, I suppose Johnny qualifies as a ringer, but I feel like all the “prior dance experience” talk was all directed towards Kaitlyn that season. :haha: Nev was the biggest ringer of the season but the show and viewers conveniently ignored that since he’s a guy. :rolleyes:

Fair points.

I feel like all of the ringer talk/backlash is very uneven when there are multiple ringers in the cast. :dead: One person could get the worst end/biggest backlash of it while another can totally get away with it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, *Wallace said:

Fair points.

I feel like all of the ringer talk/backlash is very uneven when there are multiple ringers in the cast. :dead: One person could get the worst end/biggest backlash of it while another can totally get away with it.

Like Normani with being on the same season as Heather 😭

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, aliasocfan said:

Like Normani with being on the same season as Heather 😭

Yeah that's one example. :haha: 

Also Amanda Kloots not receiving much ringer backlash as she was on the same season with JoJo Siwa. So it happens often. :haha: 

• Like 1

LOL I bet Val demanded that he get someone that could be a finalist contender. :dead: :giggle: 

Lol jk. :haha: 

I do think Charli & Brandon could have been a better match but I'm sure Val will do great work with her nonetheless. :yes: 

• Like 1

We still have lots of female celebs to be revealed. I'm hopeful there's a good partner for Brandon in the mix.

Also, with the show moving to Disney+, it would make sense that they want to give arguably their most popular pro a partner who they expect will have longevity. There's a good chunk of their audience who watches for the pros so making sure Val sticks around for a while this season keeps the Val fans watching every week.

• Like 1

Jordin won American Idol season 6 on 05/23/07 at the age of 17. She has released four studio albums; has done some television, film, and Broadway acting; and has earned several 2007-2014 award nominations and wins. Jordin married Dana Isaiah Thomas on 07/17/17. Their son DJ was born on 05/02/18. Jordin competed on The Masked Dancer, which aired on Fox from 12/27/20 to 02/17/21. Jordin as Exotic Bird finished in fifth place, Oscar De La Hoya as Zebra was fourth, Mackenzie Ziegler as Tulip was third, Maksim Chmerkovskiy as Sloth was runner-up, and gymnast Gabby Douglas as Cotton Candy was the winner.

OMG Jordin Sparks has been on my DWTS wishlist for quite a few years now. :dead: Jordin and Katharine were always amongst my top Idol alums I was wanting to do the show so this works!

I'm shook and excited for that. And yay Brandon having her! 😄  ❤️ 

• Like 1

Jordin is more a singer than a dancer i always thought . she was recently a contestant on the Masked Dancer instead of The Masked Singer which would have been better.

Keep thinking about how Louis being back could either mean being in an all-male partnership, or that he got some random older partner who specifically requested him. With all of this in mind, I'm putting my stock in a Leslie Jordan & Louis partnership because IMAGINE!

e1be6a3d-78b9-4e15-8060jaw.gif

I also am wondering if we're gonna see an NFL player since we didn't get one for once last season. Idk why but my guess keeps going back to Manti Te'o. Currently a free agent and getting a lot of attention recently from his Netflix doc - know that DWTS has taken a real interest in Netflix as of recently however with it moving to a competitor streaming channel I suppose that could change.

• Like 2