DWTS Season 31 Discussion

*Amanda

13 hours ago, RTV said:

The connection to Ribeiro and Banks is the main thing that made me think of Will Smith, but I still doubted he would do DWTS. Jaden (24, supporting act for Justin Beiber's world tour), Willow (21, releasing a new album this fall), and even Jada Pinkett Smith (50) are possibilities but don't seem likely.

Because there's often someone with a redemption storyline, I do wonder who might fill that spot this season. 🤔

Ahh yeah this is all reallly interesting and intriguing to think about. 

And yeah for sure they'll cast someone with a redemption story, so I'm curious who that could be.

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Per KB, our troupe this season is:

Sasha

Ezra

Alexis Warr

Kateryna Klishyna

Sasha demoted to the troupe after all these years of him as a pro? 😭 I thought he was pretty much a regular/locked in pro? But then again, this has happened with Keo.

But wow, slayy at Alexis already getting a troupe spot after just winning SYTYCD! :spaz: :wub: 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, *Lily said:

Next contestant…Joseph Baena (one of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s kids…sure i guess!)

Witney met her partner today so possible pairing?

Ooh wow, this is such an unexpected signing here. But it's interesting. :haha: 

1 hour ago, *Lily said:

Next contestant…Joseph Baena (one of Arnold Schwarzenegger’s kids…sure i guess!)

Witney met her partner today so possible pairing?

filler tbh... people are speculating Dani is his partner because she was at the studio today and I am really hoping thats not true

16 minutes ago, *Wallace said:

Sasha demoted to the troupe after all these years of him as a pro? 😭 I thought he was pretty much a regular/locked in pro? But then again, this has happened with Keo.

I wonder if it may be a height thing and there’s no shorter celebrities to partner with him. Total speculation though :haha:

1 minute ago, m1key said:

filler tbh... people are speculating Dani is his partner because she was at the studio today and I am really hoping thats not true

Ooh hadn’t seen Dani was at the studio. Could see that as a partnership and he’ll have definitely lucked out if so!

Ooooh I'm really excited for Wayne Brady. I never thought of him for this show but he should be really good, or at least I hope so. 😮 He is a multi-talented performer.

I don't know who Daniel Durant is, but I'm already excited to see Alex's comments on him throughout the season. :dead: 

The following link provides some information about the four troupe members.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/dancing-with-the-stars/season-31-pros-troupe-members

Kateryna "Katya" is among the Dance and Co. teachers.

https://www.danceand.co/teachers-talent

https://www.danceand.co/kateryna-katya-klyshina

https://theindustrydanceacademy.com/staff/kateryna-klishyna (bio)

from Kristyn Burtt's social media comments:

Stephani Sosa assisted the choreographers with the opening number.

Keo isn't returning this season.

One new pro was added to the roster.

Fifteen couples will be competing.

Edited by RTV

11 hours ago, *Lily said:

hahahaha the producers are so messy for this casting lmaoo 🤣

for anyone who doesn't know the backstory:  several years ago there was a hugeeeee scandal when it came out that Arnold Schwarzenegger cheated on his wife with their housekeeper, and she had a kid from their affair.  apparently Arnold didn't find out about the kid until he was about 8, and it didn't become public knowledge until the kid was about 14.  that kid was Joseph Baena.  

7 hours ago, pepperman said:

hahahaha the producers are so messy for this casting lmaoo 🤣

for anyone who doesn't know the backstory:  several years ago there was a hugeeeee scandal when it came out that Arnold Schwarzenegger cheated on his wife with their housekeeper, and she had a kid from their affair.  apparently Arnold didn't find out about the kid until he was about 8, and it didn't become public knowledge until the kid was about 14.  that kid was Joseph Baena.  

Ooh yeah I knew about all of this drama but thanks for posting it for those who may not have known. :haha: LOL and yeah it's not shocking with this show to make casting choices with backgrounds like this. :haha: