DWTS Season 31 Discussion

*Amanda

From reddit:

Confirmed by Kristyn Burtt:

Charli and Heidi D'Amelio, Wayne Brady, Jordin Sparks, Joseph Baena, Daniel Durant

Strong possibilities:

Jersey Shore star Vinny Guadagnino (follows Kiki, was followed by Koko for a hot second and then unfollowed, left NY for L.A. last night)

actor Trevor Donovan (photo of the guy with the flaming guitar tattoo on his calf matches one Trevor has)

Someone from RuPaul's Drag Race (Gleb was at a venue in NY today where a drag show was being performed by Shangela, Bob the Drag Queen, and Eureka O'Hare. Bob has tour dates that would conflict with DWTS but the other two are possibilities)

celebrity chef Curtis Stone (possible mystery man spotted going into the studio)

The Bachelorette Gabby Windey (likely mystery woman spotted going into the studio)

Other possibilities:

actress Mary Margaret Humes

GMA3 medical correspondent Dr. Jennifer Ashton

Someone from the Real Housewives (both Teresa Guidice and Sutton Stracke have had their names thrown out there)

Danielle Fishel (a BMW alum was rumored, she seems the more likely choice of the possibilities)

Jeannette McCurdy (was on the same rumored list as the BMW alum, I think she's unlikely but I'll put her here anyway)

https://www.reddit.com/r/dancingwiththestars/comments/x3nyl7/where_we_standseason_31_celebs/

Edited by Alex95

Lmaoo loving all of the pre-season drama! :dead: I'm curious which celeb(s) are causing the drama. :giggle: 

Thanks for those updates, Alex!

Wow it would be crazy in a very cool and fun way if a Drag Race alum is going to be apart of the show. Although if it's Eureka! that isn't going to help people tolerate Gleb, as Eureka! is quite the polarizing figure. :giggle: I would totally be here for Shangela and I could see her doing the show, in fact. But I wonder if the height difference would be too much as Shangela is short. But then that hasn't affected some partnerships.

Wow if Vinny is following Kiki, that seems very likely he's apart of the cast. 😮 I can't really see Vinny and Kiki knowing each other otherwise.

Curtis Stone seems so unexpected but fun. :haha: 

I'm still hoping the Danielle Fishel can become more concrete within the next week! I'm glad she's not completely ruled out. I agree we need someone from BMW on the show. And yeah Jeannette McCurdy seems very unlikely. I can't quite see her doing the show, atm. Maybe in a few years or so?

1 hour ago, *Wallace said:

Wow if Vinny is following Kiki, that seems very likely he's apart of the cast. 😮 I can't really see Vinny and Kiki knowing each other otherwise.

from the Reddit link @Alex95 posted:

Regardless, the trip from NY to L.A. last night is an indication Vinny could be on the show.

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

Based on size, popularity, dance ability, and mainstream appearances, I always thought Shangela would be the clear choice for a Ru-girl to be on DWTS. Now with We're Here I think she's inevitable. Bob or Eureka would be very surprising because they are giants.

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, FrogLenzen said:

Based on size, popularity, dance ability, and mainstream appearances, I always thought Shangela would be the clear choice for a Ru-girl to be on DWTS. Now with We're Here I think she's inevitable. Bob or Eureka would be very surprising because they are giants.

Correct! And I am so excited for it !

2 hours ago, FrogLenzen said:

Yeah completely agree. Always thought it would be Shangie or Alyssa maybe for the first DWTS spot (or maybe even Monét).

Imagine Bob / Gleb as a partnership though lmaoooo

• Like 1

Kristyn updated her article to add Gabby and the paragraphs pasted below.

OK, what a week it has been! With Sharna out, the roster is holding steady at 14 (I will keep you posted if that changes). A celeb or two dropped out at the last minute and it looks like at least two are being locked in at the last minute because several pros have been MIA at the rehearsal studio.

Production has wised up a bit and they are trying to cover up the contestants as much as possible. (And as we know, a backpack doesn't cover up a tattoo very well.) We are in an extreme heat wave right now in LA, so photographers aren't staying out there all day as a result (some days they aren't going at all). Some of this is because there isn't much heat on this season, and so far, media coverage has been light. Several media outlets decided to pass on breaking the Gabby, Jordin, and Wayne news because it wasn't big enough (sigh). So it gives you an idea what this season is up against. I hope that will change because I think Conrad Green is doing a great job in bringing back some of the magic.

Also, photographers are randomly labelling the celebrities on their photos to sell them. A lot of times, they are inaccurate — but they are less likely to sell if they aren't labeled with someone, anyone. So, there's no indication that Dr. Jen Ashton is in this season at all right now. (I've never been asked more about any public figure more in a season than her... it's pretty wild.)

I think we will have a few more updates before Tuesday! We are getting there. I am not really answering DMs right now as there are a lot of you and only one of me. I will jump on Twitter when I can to respond to questions that I can answer. Now get out here and enjoy the long weekend.

Male Pros

Alan
Artem
Brandon and Jordin Sparks (32 - singer, actress, 2007 American Idol season 6 winner, 2021 The Masked Dancer fifth place)

Gleb

Louis

Pasha

Val

Female Pros
Britt and Daniel Durant (32 - born deaf to deaf parents, actor)
Cheryl
Daniella and Joseph Baena (24 - son of Arnold Schwarzenegger, bodybuilder, realtor, actor)

Emma and Trevor Donovan Neubauer (41 - actor, model)

Koko
Peta
Witney and Wayne Brady (50 - comedian, television personality, actor, singer)

Unplaced Celebrities

Charli D'Amelio (18 - social media personality, described as TikTok's biggest star, began dancing at age 3, competitive dancer for over 10 years before starting her social media career in 2019)

Heidi D'Amelio (50 - mother of Dixie and Charli, social media personality, photographer, model, personal trainer)

Gabby Windey (31 - NFL cheerleader, ICU registered nurse, 2022 The Bachelor season 26 co-runner-up, 2022 The Bachelorette season 19 co-lead)

Troupe
Alexis
Ezra
Kateryna
Sasha

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, *Diana said:

Am I the only one thinks it'd basically gonna be a snooze fest to a Jordin, Gabby, Charli and Wayne Finale?  :wub:

We can't say for sure when we don't know half of the cast yet. :haha: 

9 minutes ago, *Amanda said:

Gabby. :wub: 

She’s being very up front about her dance experience, so I’m curious to see who gets more ringer backlash between her & Charli.

Hmm, I would predict/assume Charli. She's known more as a dancer while Gabby is more known as Bachelorette.

I've already seen comments of people saying it's unfair of Charli to be on because of her dance experience. As if we haven't had celebs with dance experience on this show over the last 30 seasons. :dead: 

2 hours ago, *Wallace said:

I've already seen comments of people saying it's unfair of Charli to be on because of her dance experience. As if we haven't had celebs with dance experience on this show over the last 30 seasons. :dead: 

Of course. :dead: 

Yet when males with dance experience (Nev) do the show, there’s no mention of how them being cast is unfair. :rolleyes: I think the only place that calls out Nev and other males’ dance experience is IDF. :haha: 

• Like 1

The way I wasn’t even planning to watch this season live (just wait for YouTube) as I didn’t have Disney+, but now I have to now that Gabbys on 😭 they drew me in dammit lol. I know people are sick of bachelor nation people but I love her. She’s so funny. And for those of you that don’t know her this is a really cute interview she did back in 2016 (when she was just a nurse not “famous” )about how much she loves to dance. 

also jordin sparks!!