American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I do think Iam is pretty versatile to an extent. His uptempo performances ("Stuck On You", "Don't Let Go") are not as uptempo as other contestants uptempo performances, but he was still able to command the crowd and get them to vibe with him. 

The main part of his artistry is his "storytelling" abilities, which shines best on ballads or midtempos. He's not gonna go out there and sing a demanding, uptempo song when that's not who he is as an artist.

If Colin makes the Finale I'll be voting for Iam because Megan or Wé would be dead on arrival at that point.

I’ll still vote for Wé if she and Colin are in with Iam as I’m still loyal to her but I’ll probably also vote for Iam.

Iam's FB numbers are huge, the gap between him and others is huge when it comes to Google trends as well. Anything can happen of course, but I'd be shocked if Iam doesn't win.

Also, he's not like those international viral auditons that only do good in auditons, he's been VERY consistent so far.

I haven't watched a single performance from Colin yet lol, so I can't comment on him. But I really want a Megan/Iam/Wé top 3.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

Iam's FB numbers are huge, the gap between him and others is huge when it comes to Google trends as well. Anything can happen of course, but I'd be shocked if Iam doesn't win.

Also, he's not like those international viral auditons that only do good in auditons, he's been VERY consistent so far.

I haven't watched a single performance from Colin yet lol, so I can't comment on him. But I really want a Megan/Iam/Wé top 3.

Top 10 most viewed videos on AI YouTube page, 4 are his. Just saying.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, joe14 said:

UO, but honestly, Ain't no way is her only ballad I was truly impressed by.

I kind of think Skyfall and This Is Me were some of her weaker performance.

I have nothing was objectively fine, but it's been so done to death and she didn't bring anything new to it. 

Idk I feel like Iam, Megan, and Collin are so locked in to their respective niches that merely doing a ballad, two Disney ballads at that, isn't really gonna cut it. The Climb is already a meh song choice so everything is riding on Into the Unknown. 

Oh wait I forgot about her audition with "Anyone", so yeah my point still stands

11 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

Oh wait I forgot about her audition with "Anyone", so yeah my point still stands

i agree though, her ballads feel a little boring. the ballads i think would interest me more if she injected more emotion into them or if she showed vocals that we don’t typically hear on those songs. also i think her tone is less interesting than on the voice so that’s a detractor.

when she switches things up, she’s one of the best in the competition, but to me she’s kind of boring on ballads

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

i agree though, her ballads feel a little boring. the ballads i think would interest me more if she injected more emotion into them or if she showed vocals that we don’t typically hear on those songs. also i think her tone is less interesting than on the voice so that’s a detractor.

when she switches things up, she’s one of the best in the competition, but to me she’s kind of boring on ballads

oh bestie ... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, QueenCami said:

my first confused reaction from you 💔💔💔 i get it, she’s an excellent singer but i struggle to find her very interesting on ballads 😭😭😭

I thought you also got one for not liking Marybeth’s audition lol

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

american idol is going to be the end of our friendship 💔💔💔

Just now, StarWalker1 said:

already filing the restraining order! /j

Go back to The Voice if you are feeling some problems.

AI seems to be toxic to this amazing friendship :no:

• Haha 3

On 5/22/2022 at 11:48 PM, m1key said:

Cheers to another season of overanalyzing everything just for a WGWG to win... again! See y'all later this year 🙂

hopefully I didn't speak this into existence :giggle:

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Avoiding Idol at this time allowed me to enjoy the semifinal today and not be upset about the results :P. I can't even bring myself to be mad at Colin making it to the finale when the only two performances i have listened from him are the ones from tonight lol  

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Haha 2

I've stopped watching this season, but kept voting for We because she was still my favorite and I'd buy whatever she releases. But yeah, glad I stopped watching. This is by far the worst season of Idol in years for me. I literally don't like really anyone that has stayed.

• Like 2

celebs for the finale.

https://deadline.com/2023/05/american-idol-season-21-finale-kylie-minogue-pitbull-tlc-stars-celebrate-winner-1235366420/

‘American Idol’ Season 21 Finale: Kylie Minogue, Pitbull, TLC & More Stars Line Up To Celebrate Winner

As American Idol gets ready to crown its Season 21 winner, a star-studded cast has been lined up for the night of celebration set to take place on Sunday, May 21. The three-hour finale episode is set to air live from coast to coast starting at 8 p.m. ET/ 5 p.m. PT.

During tonight’s episode, Ryan Seacrest announced the guest of performers that will appear on stage the night the winner gets announced. As previously announced, Keith Urban will return to the show to mentor the Top 3 finalists. Urban, who was a judge on the talent show between seasons 12 and 15, will also take the stage to perform himself.

American Idol judges Katy Perry, Lionel Richie and Luke Bryan will also be taking the stage on finale night with each performing a song. This season’s Top 12 contestants will also be returning to the Idol stage.

Other performers announced for the Season 21 finale include Season 2 stars Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard, Ellie Goulding, James Blunt, Jazmine Sullivan, Jelly Roll, Kevin Cronin from REO Speedwagon, Kylie Minogue, Lainey Wilson, Lauren Daigle, Pitbull, TLC, just to name a few.

• Like 1

so Wé got eliminated? kinda expected but yikes

1 hour ago, nytsch said:

Also I get why someone would find Wé’s upbeat performances more interesting but I don’t get not finding Skyfall to be a slayage!

iirc i thought she was slightly pitchy somewhere will have to relisten

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

Avoiding Idol at this time allowed me to enjoy the semifinal today and not be upset about the results :P. I can't even bring myself to be mad at Colin making it to the finale when the only two performances i have listened from him are the ones from tonight lol  

Tonight was arguably his best night after his DOMO cover. So..