American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

21 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Idol is not going to want a Voice alum win their show.   They are also not going to have 2 Voice people in the finals. 

They are also not going to alienate their Country base and not have a Country singer in the finals.

This is why I'm continuing to hope that somehow, someway, Warren or Oliver can finish ahead of Colin. Because if one of them doesn't, I don't think there's any way that Colin doesn't make it to the finale, which would be so unfortunate for either We or Megan.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Winterfan said:

This is why I'm continuing to hope that somehow, someway, Warren or Oliver can finish ahead of Colin. Because if one of them doesn't, I don't think there's any way that Colin doesn't make it to the finale, which would be so unfortunate for either We or Megan.

I think that it would be more unfortunate for Megan than for We if Colin made the finale since I think that Megan's in more danger than We.  But I really hope that he doesn't, mainly because he's so much weaker than Iam and Megan, let alone We.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I think that it would be more unfortunate for Megan than for We if Colin made the finale since I think that Megan's in more danger than We.  But I really hope that he doesn't, mainly because he's so much weaker than Iam and Megan, let alone We.

I'm really not sure if Megan is in more danger than We, given that Idol's core audience might find her to be more appealing than We. But, I agree with you about Colin being weaker than Iam, Megan and We and that's why I'd really like to see Warren or Oliver outlast him, if possible.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Winterfan said:

I'm really not sure if Megan is in more danger than We, given that Idol's core audience might find her to be more appealing than We. But, I agree with you about Colin being weaker than Iam, Megan and We and that's why I'd really like to see Warren or Oliver outlast him, if possible.

You know, if Zachariah is eliminated next week instead of Warren (I think that Oliver’s dead on arrival), that could help Megan and We get past both country guys as they would split the country male vote.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 3

Just now, CarmenSandiego said:

You know, if Zachariah is eliminated next week instead of Warren (I think that Oliver’s dead on arrival), that could help Megan and We get past both country guys as they would split the country male vote.

Which is exactly what I'm hoping will happen. Otherwise, Colin will be the last country male/WGWG remaining and if that's the case, there's no way he's not going to make it to the finale, unfortunately.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Idol is not going to want a Voice alum win their show.   They are also not going to have 2 Voice people in the finals. 

They are also not going to alienate their Country base and not have a Country singer in the finals.

In my opinion, Iam will function as the token WGWG that gets to the finals. He appeals to that exact same group of people and has the same qualities as a WGWG besides the fact that he isn't white. It also bodes well for Iam because all of the votes from the WGWG's (Oliver, Colin, Warren) will shift towards him, and I'm sure that will make TPTB happy.

I also don't think the producers care that much about having the two Voice girls in the Finale. If they are going to have another male winner in Iam, they should want to be able to at least say there were 2 girls who made it as far as him (and Haven just doesn't have the support to make Finale, that we know of.)

Edited by m1key
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Idol has been basically hiding the Voice runs of all the Voice alums this season. There has been no on-air mention, even indirectly, of prior tv show experience. The T10 interviews with Billboard were scrubbed of any discussion of the Voice.

Compare that to how they handled Mackenzie Bourg. They pointedly asked him to compare the two experiences. 

I think they means they understand that the Voice alums are potential winners and they are OK with it. Only a small percentage of the viewers have a clue about it.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, m1key said:

In my opinion, Iam will function as the token WGWG that gets to the finals. He appeals to that exact same group of people and has the same qualities as a WGWG besides the fact that he isn't white. It also bodes well for Iam because all of the votes from the WGWG's (Oliver, Colin, Warren) will shift towards him, and I'm sure that will make TPTB happy.

I also don't think the producers care that much about having the two Voice girls in the Finale. If they are going to have another male winner in Iam, they should want to be able to at least say there were 2 girls who made it as far as him (and Haven just doesn't have the support to make Finale, that we know of.)

You're WGWG argument, would actually favor Colin and Warren, who are from the South and Country singers.

Having 2 girls in the finale is an IDF thing.  Idol isn't going to want 2 people from The Voice, regardless of gender, in their finale.

In the ABC era, there has always been a Country singer in the Top 2, except for the pandemic season.  Dillon James was from California and the time zone voting worked against him.

13 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Idol has been basically hiding the Voice runs of all the Voice alums this season. There has been no on-air mention, even indirectly, of prior tv show experience. The T10 interviews with Billboard were scrubbed of any discussion of the Voice.

Compare that to how they handled Mackenzie Bourg. They pointedly asked him to compare the two experiences. 

I think they means they understand that the Voice alums are potential winners and they are OK with it. Only a small percentage of the viewers have a clue about it.

Mackenzie Bourg was on the farewell season of FOX, when Idol had already been cancelled.  I can see ABC choosing not to mention the competition from another network.  But it doesn't mean that they are OK with it.  We is definitely someone who is well known from The Voice, with viewers and the industry.  She finished in 3rd place.  

Idol has always been about protecting their brand.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

Zachariah is from the same home town as Colin.

2 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Zachariah is from the same home town as Colin.

And that means that they could split the vote.  While vote-splitting isn't as big a problem as it was in the past, at this point there will be some splitting of votes since two guys are country singers and two guys are from the same home town.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Mackenzie Bourg was on the farewell season of FOX, when Idol had already been cancelled.  I can see ABC choosing not to mention the competition from another network.  But it doesn't mean that they are OK with it.  We is definitely someone who is well known from The Voice, with viewers and the industry.  She finished in 3rd place.  

Idol has always been about protecting their brand.  

Lmao

I love The Voice but no one remembers the winners, let alone someone who came in 3rd :haha: Also I don’t see how an ex Voice alumni winning would endanger Idol’s “brand”

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Lmao

I love The Voice but no one remembers the winners, let alone someone who came in 3rd :haha: Also I don’t see how an ex Voice alumni winning would endanger Idol’s “brand”

Idol will always want to brag about people they "discovered".  It doesn't exactly bode well that We was forgotten and had no fans after The Voice.  Because The Voice did produce some successes.

But it's a moot point.  They will just end up having the distinction of losing on The Voice and Idol.  Iam is so far ahead.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

52 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

Idol will always want to brag about people they "discovered".  It doesn't exactly bode well that We was forgotten and had no fans after The Voice.  Because The Voice did produce some successes.

But it's a moot point.  They will just end up having the distinction of losing on The Voice and Idol.  Iam is so far ahead.

And yet there is barely any successes from that show. Just say that you dont like We and go lol

Anyways may the best talent win 🙂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

And yet there is barely any successes from that show. Just say that you dont like We and go lol

I totally agree with you concerning Mytake, StarWalker1.

I wouldn't mind either Iam or Megan winning but I prefer Wé by far.

Edited by CarmenSandiego
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, StarWalker1 said:

And Idol's barely had any successes in years that is not Country.  I just don't think We will win.

There is no such thing as the best talent.  

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I totally agree with you concerning Mytake, StarWalker1.

I wouldn't mind either Iam or Megan winning but I prefer Wé by far.

But you already said you will always vote for any girl over a guy.  

3 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

But you already said you will always vote for any girl over a guy.  

I said that I wouldn’t mind Iam winning.  In fact, he might be my second choice ahead of Megan.  I just prefer Wé and will vote for Iam only if she’s gone.

I’m not sure that Wé will win either but that doesn’t mean that I shouldn’t vote for her even if I think that the odds are against her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mytake1 said:

I think it should be noted that Wé and Megan are both very different types of Voice alumni. Wé made it to Top 3, had an extremely viral audition, and was considered a frontrunner throughout the entire competition. On the other hand, Megan was on the COVID season, was not really a frontrunner (at least from what I remember, but feel free to correct me), and never advanced by votes (she made Top 9, but only because she got the coaches save at Top 17) 

I don't really think the producers care about Megan winning due to the reasons listed above. Maybe they care slightly more for Wé, but I don't think she is winning at this point. Rather, just competing for 2nd or 3rd. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, m1key said:

I think it should be noted that Wé and Megan are both very different types of Voice alumni. Wé made it to Top 3, had an extremely viral audition, and was considered a frontrunner throughout the entire competition. On the other hand, Megan was on the COVID season, was not really a frontrunner (at least from what I remember, but feel free to correct me), and never advanced by votes (she made Top 9, but only because she got the coaches save at Top 17) 

I don't really think the producers care about Megan winning due to the reasons listed above. Maybe they care slightly more for Wé, but I don't think she is winning at this point. Rather, just competing for 2nd or 3rd. 

Megan was viewed a potential frontrunner based on her battle/ko but then covid happened and it ruined the format. Either way I just hope both ladies make the finale since they have been performing at a higher and more consistent level than the others

• Like 6

3 hours ago, StarWalker1 said:

Megan was viewed a potential frontrunner based on her battle/ko but then covid happened and it ruined the format. Either way I just hope both ladies make the finale since they have been performing at a higher and more consistent level than the others

I agree that Megan and Wé have been performing at a higher and more consistent level than the others with the possible exception of Iam.  Those three should be the top three.

• Like 3