American Idol Season 21 Spoilers - Presented By The Idol Pad

Idol Maniac

For anyone curious about the iTunes all-genre charts of the Trophy/coronation singles:

11 Iam "I'll Be Seeing You"

36 Colin "I Still Talk To Jesus"

87 Megan "Dream Girl"

Zachariah & We aren't in the Top 200.

Edited by ptebwwong
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

For anyone curious about the iTunes all-genre charts of the Trophy/coronation singles:

11 Iam "I'll Be Seeing You"

36 Colin "I Still Talk To Jesus"

87 Megan "Dream Girl"

Zachariah & We aren't in the Top 200.

updated numbers.

https://kworb.net/charts/itunes/us.html

5 Iam Tongi - I'll Be Seeing You

13 Colin Stough - I Still Talk To Jesus

45 Megan Danielle - Dream Girl

157 Zachariah Smith - American Grace

world wide numbers according to Kworb.

https://kworb.net/ww/

51 Iam Tongi - I'll Be Seeing You

159 Colin Stough - I Still Talk To Jesus

Edited by jdanton2
  • Like 1

Colin’s song actually sounds very good and I think it’ll be played on country radio. I can see him being the most successful contestant from this season, even if he hasn’t impressed me much on the show so far. 

Spotify numbers are out for the first day.Iam and Colin are quite close.

1 Iam 27,433

2 Colin 25,465

3 Megan 9,382

4 We 4,169

5 Zachariah 4,121

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jdanton2 said:

Spotify numbers are out for the first day.Iam and Colin are quite close.

1 Iam 27,433

2 Colin 25,465

3 Megan 9,382

4 We 4,169

5 Zachariah 4,121

Yikes... Colin doing this well is worrisome. Minivan doesn't really use streaming platforms like Spotify, so the fact that he is that close to Iam is scary. 

I wonder if TPTB will have an applause track ready to play if Colin wins. Surely the Iam fans are going to be loudly chanting for Iam as they do every week, and they will likely boo Colin or not applaud at all if he wins.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, m1key said:

Yikes... Colin doing this well is worrisome. Minivan doesn't really use streaming platforms like Spotify, so the fact that he is that close to Iam is scary. 

I don't think that's really true in 2023. Country music has closed the streaming gap a lot probably because iTunes and buying music is dead. I'm sure everyone is "getting with the times" with regards to the consumption of music. Plus, I would assume he has some type of fanbase outside of minivan. 

Anyways, a Colin win wouldn't be that shocking. The ABC era has shown me that going viral doesn't mean that much in the grand scheme of things...Alejandro, Arthur are all recent examples. Yeah, a lot of people might watch your videos, but are they actually voting when it counts, especially given how strong and predominant the country/minivan demographic is, especially given that both Noah and Chayce won the most recent seasons.

I won’t even be mad at Colin if he wins because I think he’s the most current-sounding country singer we’ve had so far on ABC Idol, but it will suck to see another male country singer win. Especially since we’ve come so close to getting a POC winner again, like we almost had with Willie. I still have hope that Iam can pull this off but Colin will put up a good fight, and I do think he’ll have success after the show. 

Something funny: I remember back when Kellie Pickler auditioned and I was like “She picked a bad year to do this because there’s no way another blonde country female is going to win right after Carrie.” Nowadays, we see a country WGWG and we’re like “Well, there’s the third country guy winner in a row.” Lol. 

• Haha 7

56 minutes ago, m1key said:

I wonder if TPTB will have an applause track ready to play if Colin wins. Surely the Iam fans are going to be loudly chanting for Iam as they do every week, and they will likely boo Colin or not applaud at all if he wins.

None of that is going to happen.

But whoever wins, better be prepare if someone else from this season ends up having more success.  Idol is notorious for ignoring certain winners and pimping their favorites.  Maddie Poppe won, but Gabby Barrett and Catie Turner were both chosen as mentors.

Edited by mytake1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

While I do think that Colin could win, I still think Iam is going to win. Usually the contestant whose coronation single is doing the best on iTunes before winning does seem to win. It happened with Noah & Chayce. As popular & viral Alejandro was, Laine's single was charting better on iTunes. Iam is the highest charting coronation single currently at #6 on iTunes all-genre (peaked at #5).

It's going to be between Colin & Iam for the win. Colin has a chance because of the country fanbase, religious song, etc. However, I think Iam's popularity, backstory, his coronation song which ties back to his backstory, & his finale duet with James Blunt on "Monsters" which will likely lead to more votes for him can counter it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, m1key said:

I remember when Carrie won there were audience members booing her win. I thought I remember articles after the finale that some Idol staff & even Bo were trying to "calm down" the audience.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

While I do think that Colin could win, I still think Iam is going to win. Usually the contestant whose coronation single is doing the best on iTunes before winning does seem to win. It happened with Noah & Chayce. As popular & viral Alejandro was, Laine's single was charting better on iTunes. Iam is the highest charting coronation single currently at #6 on iTunes all-genre (peaked at #5).

It's going to be between Colin & Iam for the win. Colin has a chance because of the country fanbase, religious song, etc. However, I think Iam's popularity, backstory, his coronation song which ties back to his backstory, & his finale duet with James Blunt on "Monsters" which will likely lead to more votes for him can counter it.

Ya usually the obvious front runners like Alejandro get 2nd but Iam’s fanbase is the biggest I’ve ever seen on idol. Even bigger than Noah. I’d be shocked if he doesn’t win

• Like 1