Kenedi Anderson’s Withdrawal

Idol Maniac

2 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

I'm going to wait until confirmation to see what happens...I'm starting to believe that Kenedi may have withdrew, but...the reason given here seems sketchy at best...it's one thing if she withdrew because she got a record deal (or some other personal reasons), but...having someone from a past season "encouraging" you to withdraw and for that to be the only reason seems a bit far fetched...

It would be stupid to do it without a deal in place yeah. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, QueenKalie said:

It would be stupid to do it without a deal in place yeah. 

That is why I don't think this is legit...or there is more to the story ... something does not add up here...

Edited by kenboy123
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Discovolcano said:

What we saw was really good but just ditching idol and screwing up the second group format, I don’t think she deserves to have it aired

If she did quit there is 0% chance it will be shown. They have a full week to just edit her out.

So, the "frontrunner" withdrew?? Yikes 😬. I like her but i find it funny that all the hype that the producers built over her (affecting other contestants in the process) was for nothing.

Hey, congratulations to Nicolina, she can take third place now :yes:

If the AI's audience treats country females like TV's audience does, i'm not expecting Huntergirl to go very far, but i'll enjoy the rest of her performances on the show, same with Allegra (but she is probably gone in the next round due to lack of airtime, screw you Idol)

3 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

So, the "frontrunner" withdrew?? Yikes 😬. I like her but i find it funny that all the hype that the producers built over her (affecting other contestants in the process) was for nothing.

Hey, congratulations to Nicolina, she can take third place now :yes:

If the AI's audience treats country females like TV's audience does, i'm not expecting Huntergirl to go very far, but i'll enjoy the rest of her performances on the show, same with Allegra (but she is probably gone in the next round due to lack of airtime, screw you Idol)

I do think as long as Hunter Girl gives solid live performances she will become the top female contestant now. A Fritz or Noah win is almost even more certain now though.  If they don't change up the groups which seems likely this does tremendously help Allegra's chances of making the top 14 because all she has to do is avoid being the lowest voted person now instead of being the lowest two. So in that regard this is good news for fans of Allegra and really fans of everyone else I suppose.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, kenboy123 said:

I'm going to wait until confirmation to see what happens...I'm starting to believe that Kenedi may have withdrew, but...the reason given here seems sketchy at best...it's one thing if she withdrew because she got a record deal (or some other personal reasons), but...having someone from a past season "encouraging" you to withdraw and for that to be the only reason seems a bit far fetched...

It isn't far fetched if you think about it.  It sounds like she was in a similar situation as Benson Boone.  His exit was also vague.  Idol likely kept it that way.  It wasn't until later when there was a formal announcement that he had gotten a record deal.

Edited by mytake1

35 minutes ago, Carrie_On said:

This is like when Mario Vazquez quit Season 4. People were thinking he would win. 

I didn't think he would win. I think he could have been Top 5 especially back then when voting demographics aren't like it is now. If he stayed, he could have been a "shock boot."

51 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

same with Allegra (but she is probably gone in the next round due to lack of airtime, screw you Idol)

she has a more of a chance because of Kenedi quitting. now only one person from her group will be eliminated.

1 hour ago, kenboy123 said:

I'm feeling this same way. I have a lot of thoughts on this but I'm not exactly sure what to quite think on this, atm.

Hmmm yeah I'm sad and disappointed in the news as I did really like Kenedi and was looking forward to her.

I know contestants on the ABC version do better having some exposure and not really going through the whole live shows aspect of the show these days (Benson being an example, as well as Lauren Spencer Smith - though she was a semi-finalist boot). So yeah this is probably a better move for her career post-show, so hopefully she does have a record deal lined up for her. I do wish her all the best. The whole Benson encouraging her to drop out bit doesn't sit well with me but alas, it is what it is. But this does change the total aspect of the competition and will be interesting how this changes things and frontrunners. So it will be interesting seeing how this all plays out.

7 hours ago, hazuki said:

Emyrson/Nicolina/Eli/Cadence for the win anyway. 

I mean good luck to her if this is true (which is likely as I trust IM's sources) 

So all the based white girls then? lol

I'm not mad if Kenedi left. She was just another singer songwriter blah type. IMO