Kenedi Anderson’s Withdrawal

Idol Maniac

7 hours ago, mytake1 said:

Kenedi will have a better chance of a career if she went outside the Idol label - like Benson Boone, Lauren Smith Spencer, who are a lot more successful than Chayce Beckham or Just Sam.

The last time Idol had a successful winner was 10 years ago. 

All this is probably true, but I still wanted Kenedi to win and thought that she could win, and having a real favorite of mine choose to withdraw from a singing competition is hard to adjust to even if the odds are that she'll have a better chance at a career.  Maybe it's due to my competitiveness on behalf of my favorites in any competition.

4 minutes ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Here for the drama, too, lol  This article - with no more information than you all have - tries to make a case that it possibly - possibly - might be Chase Jordan who withdrew.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/american-idol/kenedi-anderson-jordan-chase-quit-left/

Yeah because that makes 0 sense. That's for absolutely nothing article. :dead:

8 hours ago, QueenKalie said:

Yeah because that makes 0 sense. That's for absolutely nothing article. :dead:

😂 Just the messenger, ma'am.  It is odd no one has said anything official, don't you think? Would AI save it for the show? Can't be a good look to have to say, Breaking news - the contestant we've been pimping the most quit. I'm sure there'll be spin.

12 hours ago, CarmenSandiego said:

All this is probably true, but I still wanted Kenedi to win and thought that she could win, and having a real favorite of mine choose to withdraw from a singing competition is hard to adjust to even if the odds are that she'll have a better chance at a career.  Maybe it's due to my competitiveness on behalf of my favorites in any competition.

But let's say that she had won, then what happens after the show is over?  Just Sam won, so did Laine, but a lot of those people who voted for him probably have long moved on.

9 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I think they’ll air it, but pull a Wyatt Pike during the results show where they nonchalantly add that she dropped out. 

If they air it with out revealing she dropped out until the results episode, they wil have to allow the audience to vote for her which is stupid because she already quit 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2022 at 6:59 PM, WastedinMemphis said:

Here for the drama, too, lol  This article - with no more information than you all have - tries to make a case that it possibly - possibly - might be Chase Jordan who withdrew.

https://heavy.com/entertainment/american-idol/kenedi-anderson-jordan-chase-quit-left/

I'd like it to be true, but  I doubt it.

2 hours ago, ptebwwong said:

Is it possible Idol actually convinced her not to withdraw & she stayed in the competition?

But I sure hope that Idol convinced Kenedi to stay, even if it affects other girls I like, such as Allegra and Scarlet.

I didn't see Jordan Chase on the list of top 24 that mj posted, only Kenedi and him leaving would make sense that t only 10 guys made it to the top 24 this year.

Edited by wgm
Spell check

10 hours ago, wgm said:

So did i. the Heavy article had jordan chase in the top 24

Heavy might be onto something after all.  I have a Twitter account, and in my e-mailbox I found mail from Twitter, and TIP Idol Spoilers revealed the list of singers from the Top 24 Group 2 -- and Kenedi's on the list!  So she might still be in the competition!  :w00tbounce: 

• Like 1

I did some snooping around and she hasn't appeared on any social media post from anyone in the past week where they're been prepping for the live shows, nor has she made a single social media post of her own since the tweet came out saying she withdrew.

5 minutes ago, Adam_S said:

I did some snooping around and she hasn't appeared on any social media post from anyone in the past week where they're been prepping for the live shows, nor has she made a single social media post of her own since the tweet came out saying she withdrew.

I found that out as well and when I read that, that deflated me.  I'm still hoping that she chose to stay and that the lack of social media posts was simply the result of her being quiet until it was revealed that she was convinced to return, but the hope is more slim than I would like.

16 minutes ago, CarmenSandiego said:

I found that out as well and when I read that, that deflated me.  I'm still hoping that she chose to stay and that the lack of social media posts was simply the result of her being quiet until it was revealed that she was convinced to return, but the hope is more slim than I would like.

If that is true, she will end up losing lots of votes and just get her self voted off at Top 24.  Because all the other contestants have been getting fans ready for the public vote.

Edited by mytake1

26 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

If that is true, she will end up losing lots of votes and just get her self voted off at Top 24.  Because all the other contestants have been getting fans ready for the public vote.

Yeah, although she might have more of a cushion because of all the early exposure, but I have to admit that my idea is unlikely.  Well, we'll find out tonight or tomorrow if Kenedi really did withdraw or not.