S21: Who will be pimped/Bussed on Playoffs.

Misirlou

This is not a "who will flop" thread, since its not my intention to bring down the contestants' confidence. They all can sing and earned their place in the Top 20.

But my question is, who do you guys think TPTB will target in the playoffs Monday, and who will they treat right.

The contestants already know their songs, and some may be happy with them, others not.

Discuss.

I didn't look at those interviews or whatever, but just basing on treatment and how TPTB may want the "story" to go this season.

Pimp and golden treatment: Holly, GNT, Wendy(Seems to be the Top 3 they are going for, at least its what I think)

Wheels on the bus go round and round: Peedy, Raquel, Gymani. Not sure about anyone else, but they don't seem to care for them, could be left alone, but don't count a bus out. 

Everyone else seems like fair game. 

Some thoughts:

• Girl Named Tom seems to be a producer and a Kelly favorite, so I’d bet they’re likely safe.
  • Wendy can sing just about any song you throw at her and be fine, so I think she’s the safest out of the whole cast from the bus.
  • Samuel is a vocal chameleon and seems to be up John’s alley in terms of what he prioritizes (artistically interesting, a good emoter, and decent technical vocalist) so I’d guess he’s the safest of Team Legend.
  • Shadale successfully auditioned with a song that has taken out multiple four-chair-turners (uptempo and Bruno Mars), so she could be difficult to bus.
  • Ryleigh seemed excited about her song but mentioned it was challenging, so I don’t think she’s getting bussed but I’m not discounting it.
  • Holly seems to (on the surface) be someone Ari really wanted to work with given she used her only block on Holly’s audition and stole her in the KOs, so I’d say Holly is probably relatively safe but not quite as guaranteed as Wendy or GNT.
  • I wouldn’t be surprised to see Jim and Sasha get bussed to clear the way for Girl Named Tom as the only group act,  but Ariana seems attached to them (having advanced them over two artists more musically in her lane), so they might be fine.
  • I think one of David or Joshua will be bussed as pop guys on Team Legend, but I don’t know which.
  • As the only country-ish solo act (that we’ve seen on air), Lana may be okay, but it depends who Blake’s second priority is behind Wendy.

2 minutes ago, Voice said:

I believe that GNT will continue to be pimped!!!

They’re definitely pushing for a group to make it really far this season

I think GNT, Wendy or Holly will close the playoffs

Edited by Cookie73

Unfortunately, I think one of the Legend ladies (most likely Shadale) will be bussed. Not with an upbeat song, because we know she can pull that off, but maybe with a midtempo Pop/RnB song that doesn't go anywhere. (e.g. Gymani's battle song)

• Like 1

Team Kelly: Gymani. See how they treated her in the battles and the KOs. They only used her in the auditions and just for Ariana (and maybe that's why they don't care now ..

Team John: sadly I feel like it will be one of David / Joshua. I trust Joshua's performance only because he's a theatrical guy.

Team Ariana: Jim and Sasha, Raquel

Team Blake: I'm not sure, but for now I'll say Peedy (maybe Lana)

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Unfortunately, I think one of the Legend ladies (most likely Shadale) will be bussed. Not with an upbeat song, because we know she can pull that off, but maybe with a midtempo Pop/RnB song that doesn't go anywhere. (e.g. Gymani's battle song)

Yeah, that's exactly what i was thinking

At least one of the R&B/Soul girls is likely getting bussed. They already critically hit BrittanyBree, so they'll likely continue. Will it work? No clue. Depends on how bad the song ends up being. Likely Gymani and one of the Legend ladies.

I have a bad feeling about Joshua. Give him something theatrical or a ballad and he's fine. But they could easily saddle him with a crap pop song like "Mercy" and that's it for him. 

Lana is doing something upbeat. Can't really count it as a bus yet since we dont know the song, but a ballad like her KO would work better at this stage.

Peedy is an interesting case. He was the montage, so they dont care about him as much as I thought they did. We'll see what they give him. Changing it up would be wise at this point.

Jim and Sasha seem to be at the bottom of priorities at Team Ariana for TPTB, so I'm a little worried for them. Hoping they'll pull through.

GNT has been getting stellar treatment, so I expect a great song for them. Same with Wendy.

The others could go either way.

Edited by Misirlou

Honestly the AA females will be hard to bus , Wendy is a world class vocalist , she could literally sing wheels on the bus and still deliver one of the best performances on the voice , Shadale literally sang Bruno and slayed , Gymnai sang 3 songs that don’t suit her the best yet she made it her suit her best and delivered amazing vocals. Jershika’s technique is fantastic, so bussing her would be hard . LiBianca can literally arrange the hell out of even the. Worst songs and make it work and with that versatile tone and great vocal abilities, she can easily make it work.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Like it has been said before, an upbeat likely won't work if they are trying to bus the soul powerhouses. A meandering pop/R&B song that goes nowhere is what they'll likely be going for.

*Flashbacks of Dana singing "Leave The Door Open"* 

(It was not that bad, but it didn't help her at all)

Edited by Gustavo527

41 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

*Flashbacks of Dana singing "Leave The Door Open"* 

(It was not that bad, but it didn't help her at all)

Honestly, even if she got a perfect song choice, I doubt she would've gotten more votes than Rachel.

At least Dana got to sing in that iconic performance of "Shining Star" with Pia and Victor.

Just now, TeamAudra said:

Lana and Paris are potential victims on  Blake’s team. It may not be blatant, but songs none of us would pick for such an important round, like Taryn’s playoff song. 

Lana is already doing something upbeat and sassy. Can't really call it a bus yet since we dont know the song, but a ballad at this stage would have worked better.

Just now, Misirlou said:

Lana is already doing something upbeat and sassy. Can't really call it a bus yet since we dont know the song, but a ballad at this stage would have worked better.

We can’t call it a bus yet, but “upbeat and sassy” is a huge red flag for sure.