Most useless "Wildcard feature" on the show

Gustavo527

Most useless Wildcard feature  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the most useless "Wildcard feature" that the show has ever had?

• Semifinal Wildcard for Top 12 (Season 7)
    • Coach Comebacks (Season 9-10, 12-13)
    • Comeback Stage (Season 15-16)
    • 4 way-knockout (Seasons 18-20)

The 4 way knockout at least had some anticipation and they actually dedicated screen time to it lol. Coach comebacks and the comeback stage were just painful because they felt so random to me. I'm all for a come back but it's gotta be done well and at least actually do something to switch up the game, rather than eliminating the comeback contestant on the next round

For me the worst of them all is 4-Way K.O like if i were a contestant there i would rather be stolen than be saved by my coach

2nd is  the comeback like you got no chair turn but will advance in the lives? No

At least we got Lynnea and LB in the Comeback stage (even tho I would've prefered Ciera or Savanna to get it S16)

The 4-way KO was awful but the clout chaser had a shot at the finale and he screwed up. If Savanna W had won the battle, Corey would've moved on to the playoffs and still had a shot at the Top 9. Overall, still very unfair to some other people who got robbed.

Comebacks weren't "useless" since some of them got the PV and advanced. #PrayForXtina #RipHerSoul

So I voted for the S7 wildcard, totally useless IMO. As if anyone had a legit chance to get it other than the one who actually got into the SF by America's vote. I know weirder things happened but still

S7 was probably the most pointless (the guy who won ended up in the same position he would have had)

My most hated was the comeback stage (particularly how S15 handled it). I hated how a no-chair turn got a spot in the T13, instead of a contestant eliminated in playoffs (which I’m glad they fixed).

I will always hate the coach comeback for the sole reason that Nick Hagelin made Top 12 over Ryan Quinn (I felt that Ryan would have had a much better shot without CC, and Alisan, Bryan and Ryan would have been one of the greatest Top 3’s ever). Besides that, all of the other comebacks were basically playoff fodder (though some deserved playoffs)

The 4WKO was ineffective, as most were basically playoff fodder, and battle steals had a better shot. Not to mention how the wrong person won last season’s and delivered one of the worst performances of the round

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cookie73 said:

S7 was probably the most pointless (the guy who won ended up in the same position he would have had)

My most hated was the comeback stage (particularly how S15 handled it). I hated how a no-chair turn got a spot in the T13, instead of a contestant eliminated in playoffs (which I’m glad they fixed).

I will always hate the coach comeback for the sole reason that Nick Hagelin made Top 12 over Ryan Quinn (I felt that Ryan would have had a much better shot without CC, and Alisan, Bryan and Ryan would have been one of the greatest Top 3’s ever). Besides that, all of the other comebacks were basically playoff fodder (though some deserved playoffs)

The 4WKO was ineffective, as most were basically playoff fodder, and battle steals had a better shot. Not to mention how the wrong person won last season’s and delivered one of the worst performances of the round

Truth Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• Like 1

I could not vote because there was no "All The Above" option.   Wildcards are basically pointless because they only serve to paint a big red X on the winner as the next episode's fodder.  It really just a hateful and disrespectful move by TPTB to generate some vanishing buzz.  For the contestants; they would be much better off if TPTB just advanced them to the next round without the stigmata and let them be eliminated like everyone else.

I liked the 2nd Comeback Stage with artist from Battles and KO, last winner in The Voice Spain came from there to win. 

I liked Coach Comeback too. 

Both of them would have worked perfectly for S17 (Mendeleyev, Brennan, Injoy, Marina)