• Ian Flannigan
    • Cami Clune
    • Tamara Jade
    • Bailey Rae
    • Desz
    • Carter Rubin
    • John Holiday
    • Ben Allen

It was just alright for me. I was really passionate about Sid and to a lesser extent, Payge, but when I look at the Top 9, and what happened in the lives, it just brings it down for me. The only people I like in the Top 9 are Desz, Cami, and (iffy about this one) Ian.

• Like 2

1. It was ok. I like it a bit more than S14, whom I gave a 7/10. I´ll probably give this one a 7.5/10, since overall I liked more people here. My favorite was Sid, and he got cut off too early. ("Make it Rain" is still my favorite performance of S19). Ian was another favorite who sadly didn´t deliver by the end (I absolutely love his PO though). I was really excited about Jim pre-show and he dissappointed me, honestly, with his KO and finale cover being the exceptions. I liked Payge, Ben, and Ryan before he screwed himself over.

2. Desz, while not my favorite, was without a doubt the most consistent contestant of the season as a whole, so I would have handled her the win, but I´m not mad about Carter taking it. He did his thing as well. (Although finale night kinda weakened them both, well, all of the finalists except for Jim on his solo cover).

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

1. It was ok. I like it a bit more than S14, whom I gave a 7/10. I´ll probably give this one a 7.5/10, since overall I liked more people here. My favorite was Sid, and he got cut off too early. ("Make it Rain" is still my favorite performance of S19). Ian was another favorite who sadly didn´t deliver by the end (I absolutely love his PO though). I was really excited about Jim pre-show and he dissappointed me, honestly, with his KO and finale cover being the exceptions. I liked Payge, Ben, and Ryan before he screwed himself over.

2. Desz, while not my favorite, was without a doubt the most consistent contestant of the season as a whole, so I would have handled her the win, but I´m not mad about Carter taking it. He did his thing as well. (Although finale night kinda weakened them both, well, all of the finalists except for Jim on his solo cover).

This Up Here GIF by Chord Overstreet

The only thing I'd change would be some of the names on the favorites list since my music taste is slightly different, but otherwise this encapsulates my thoughts pretty well.

I thought it was a good season! I think that the most deserving winner is between DeSz and Carter (I know, shocking considering my username) because they were the two most consistent, in my eyes. By preference, I'll say DeSz since I prefer her really rich tone and stunning high/low notes to Carter's warm tone.

Similar to S14 for me, but in this one my favorites didn’t even make it past playoffs. I thought Desz deserved to win but I wasn’t a fan tbh. But hey, I thought the taped rounds were quite solid, so there’s that.

I thought it was good (7.5/10), I had a few favorites who made the lives which is a lot since they usually don’t appeal to Minivan.

I would’ve loved Cami to win or at least make the finale but from a realistic pov, DeSz delivered and was consistent  (but then again Minivan). Eventually I’m glad Carter and Gwen won.

Many of unique artists were cut too soon (Payge, Lauren, Liam, Julia) and many others that would've brought diversity to the finale rounds (James, Lain, Skylar, Kelsie). I'm aware some flopped and probably deserved to go in the round they did. Instead we got three country guys and three soulful powerhouse belters. I'd say no one was entirely consistent. Cami tanked hard in the semis, Desz wasn't at her best at playoffs and also had bad songs in the finale, John got terrible songs post-playoffs and also tanked in the finale. I got the impression Bailey didn't have the whole artist thing down and therefore wasn't too memorable but gave pretty solid vocals. Tamara absolutely snapped in playoffs but basically everything else from her was inferior to Holiday and Desz. Carter was pretty good, but not great imo, in everything but the finale cover. 

On 4/24/2021 at 3:59 AM, colemanftw said:

Many of unique artists were cut too soon (Payge, Lauren, Liam, Julia) and many others that would've brought diversity to the finale rounds (James, Lain, Skylar, Kelsie). I'm aware some flopped and probably deserved to go in the round they did. Instead we got three country guys and three soulful powerhouse belters. I'd say no one was entirely consistent. Cami tanked hard in the semis, Desz wasn't at her best at playoffs and also had bad songs in the finale, John got terrible songs post-playoffs and also tanked in the finale. I got the impression Bailey didn't have the whole artist thing down and therefore wasn't too memorable but gave pretty solid vocals. Tamara absolutely snapped in playoffs but basically everything else from her was inferior to Holiday and Desz. Carter was pretty good, but not great imo, in everything but the finale cover. 

I don't agree with the bolded parts, but agree with everything else! I think part of the bolded stuff comes down to preference, though, so I get it 🙂

1 minute ago, QueenCami said:

I don't agree with the bolded parts, but agree with everything else! I think part of the bolded stuff comes down to preference, though, so I get it 🙂

I think Cami wasn’t as bad as people say that night, the verses were really gorgeous but the chorus a bit too high for her voice. DeSz indeed wasn’t at her best at playoffs lmao if we consider that Don’t Let Go was her best. I don’t really know what to say about John lmao and Bailey had good vocals but better songs for instant saves than for the actual shows so very missed opportunity 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AliXRose said:

I think Cami wasn’t as bad as people say that night, the verses were really gorgeous but the chorus a bit too high for her voice. DeSz indeed wasn’t at her best at playoffs lmao if we consider that Don’t Let Go was her best. I don’t really know what to say about John lmao and Bailey had good vocals but better songs for instant saves than for the actual shows so very missed opportunity 

Yeah, Cami wasn’t terrible. Ignoring the voice crack, I thought the performance was solid. DeSz wasn’t at her best on POs night, but was still pretty solid. John’s run was a downward spiral (imo), with the exception of “Fix You.” Bailey was solid all throughout, but I agree that she had better songs in the Instant Saves. 

• Like 2