Beane - I've Had the Time of My Life from Dirty Dancing

Chayce Beckham - Streets of Philadelphia from Philadelphia 

Caleb Kennedy - Things Have Changed from Wonder Boys

DeShawn Goncalves - Over the Rainbow from the Wizard of Oz

On 4/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, thevoiceisthetop said:

Grace Kinstler - Skyfall from Skyfall

On 4/13/2021 at 12:00 PM, thevoiceisthetop said:

Casey Bishop - I Need to Wake Up from An Inconvient Truth

I actually think Skyfall would be a better song for Casey to sing than Grace. I also actually think that Grace could do a great job with My Heart Will Go On, if that's the direction she wants to go in this week. I wonder if the Rainbow Connection might be sung again this week. I could see Ava doing a great job with that song. I do think I Don't Want to Miss a Thing is probably going to be covered again this week. Chayce will probably be the one covering it, although I think the song Vanilla Sky from the movie Vanilla Sky would be a much better song for him to cover. I definitely think either DeShawn or Willie are going to end up singing Glory, too. Although if Willie wanted to do something a little different, possibly covering Happy by Pharrell Williams could be interesting. I think Madison might be wise to sing Grateful by Rita Ora. I don't really have good suggestions for Cassandra, Alyssa, Caleb, Hunter and Beane, unfortunately. Although, I wouldn't be shocked if Alyssa ends up singing something from Dreamgirls again. And I do think someone will most likely end up singing Falling Slowly as well. I do wonder if any of these contestants might be bold enough to sing Writing's On The Wall by Sam Smith and actually do a good job singing it to boot.

Edited by Winterfan

1.Glory of Love from the Karate Kid (Part 2)
2. How Do I Live from Con Air
3. You Must Love Me from Evita

Willie:

1. Over the Rainbow from Wizard of Oz
2. Earned It from Fifty Shades of Grey
3. Music From My Heart from Music of The Heart

Cassandra:

1. Let The River Run from Working Girl
2. A Soft Place to Fall from the Horse Whisperer
3. You Will Be My Ain True Love from Cold Mountain

Bean:

1. Lose yourself from 8 Mile
2. Eye of The Tiger from Rocky
3. Miss Misery from Good Will Hunting

Casey:
1. I Need to Wake Up from An Inconvivent Truth
2. I Don't Want to Miss A thing by Aerosmith
2. In The Deep from Crash

Chayce:

1. Things Have Changed from Wonder Boys
2, Dead Man Walkin from Dead Man Walking
3. The Hands that Build America from Gangs of New York

Alyssa:
1. Again from Poetic Justice
2. Sooner or Later from Dick Tracey
3. Listen from Dream Girls

DeShawn:

1. It's hard out here for a Pimp from Hustle and Flow
2. Footloose from Footloose
3. Let's Hear it for the Boy from footloose

I think Grace will sing I Have Nothing because she has a video of that on her TikTok, and also on her TikTok she has Midnight Train to Georgia, Queen, Natural Woman, and Dangerous Woman which she has all performed before.

2 minutes ago, m1key said:

I think Grace will sing I Have Nothing because she has a video of that on her TikTok, and also on her TikTok she has Midnight Train to Georgia, Queen, Natural Woman, and Dangerous Woman which she has all performed before.

Madison is singing Whitney. Not sure if they’d let Grace do it as well. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, mytake1 said:

A lot of these song choices are asking to be voted off.  They have been so over performed and dated.  Labels want people with the potential to make a current record.

To be fair, this theme only has so many "current" options for contestants to choose from. Although, I do agree with you that there is some genericness in the song choices.

Edited by m1key

Beane! No, no, no. Vocally it is a good fit, but unless they do something special with the arrangement.. it is a snooze fest! I am very intrigued by Grace's song choice.. I think it is either going to be super soulful and great or lackluster. I expect Casey, Hunter and Ava to shine with their song choices. I had been trying to think of songs contestants might sing this weekend and the only one I got right was Alyssa's super predictable choice. 

wtf with Grace's song choice? She's kind of flopping in song selection since her "Grenade" performance. Sis needs more soul songs.

Casey trying a ballad this week? we'll see how it goes. Cassandra I like her song as well.

Edited by QueenMae16

I genuinely think the producers told Grace that she wont win or have success if she keeps singing soul songs, so instead they are trying to navigate her into pop songs like this so the General Public can be like "Wow I can picture her on pop radio!" Almost like Madison VanDenburg in S17 who clearly had a voice made for soulful songs but instead sang generic pop.

51 minutes ago, m1key said:

I genuinely think the producers told Grace that she wont win or have success if she keeps singing soul songs, so instead they are trying to navigate her into pop songs like this so the General Public can be like "Wow I can picture her on pop radio!" Almost like Madison VanDenburg in S17 who clearly had a voice made for soulful songs but instead sang generic pop.

I can see that.  Unfortunately, Grace really might not have much success if she keeps singing soul songs, but she needs to arrange the song in such a way that it’s still true to her style.

As for the other song choices:

Alyssa — at least it’s not a Whitney song.

Ava — I don’t know that song but I think that it’s fine for her.

Beane — I love the song but I agree that it’s a goodbye song.

Caleb — predictable.

Casey — I hope that she slays this song.

Cassandra — I hope that her nerves don’t get the best of her.

Chayce — not a good song choice.  It might put a dent in his ability to win.

DeShawn — I like the song but I don’t know how he’ll fare with it.

Hunter — probably a fine choice for him.  Might be a fine performance.

Madison — two words:  bye-bye.

Willie — I don’t know this song but hopefully he’ll sing it well.

Edited by CarmenSandiego

I knew I was tempting fate by waiting to do song suggestions. 

Alyssa- This will be very hit or miss. If she can nail the vocal and the emotion, this could get her back some momentum. However, if she starts shrieking like most people who sing this live do (including the original singer), she’s dead in the water. 

Ava- I’m not sure about this. It’s a very subtle song, which has worked for Ava before, but it verges on boring. Could get lost in the shuffle. 

Beane- I actually think this could work out. It’s one of only 2-3 non-ballads, and it’s the only FUN one. It would be easy to arrange out the cheese. only question is whether he’ll get vocally sloppy with the energy cranked up. 

Caleb- This is the only one which was actually on my suggestion list, but I was leaning against it. It’s kinda middle of the road as a choice, though it might appeal to a different group of country voters. 

Casey- There are less overplayed standards she could have pulled out, but it will be interesting to see if she can go back to jazz from her audition without it clashing with her current style. I kinda want her to do the uptempo Me First and the Gimme Gimmes cover. 

Cassandra- Like Alyssa, this is a make or break choice, but here it’s all about the arrangement. If she keeps it restrained and atmospheric it could be a moment, but if she tries belting again she’s doomed. 

Chayce- An unusually boring choice by Chayce. Only real upside is it’s more of a big vocal than his past songs, so could earn some “ok he CAN belt also” points. 

DeShawn- Lovely, old-fashioned, and boring. Not going to help him. 

Grace- Actually not a bad choice. It would be incredibly easy to gospel up, there’s already a gospel choir in the video. Will the backup singers stop sucking though? They’ve been terrible thus far. 

Hunter- Another super obvious choice, and I think a vocal trap. Either he’s going to cut it down to one octave, or he’s going to try for falsetto which will be... interesting. 

Madison- Girl why?

Willie- The one unambiguously great choice. Total pimp spot material. 

Edited by muse273
  • Like 1