The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

29 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I’d like to pose a question bc I’m curious about the answers - is there any contestant that y’all think had their best performance so far in the competition last night?

I can only think of 2, possibly 3, that exceeded all of their previous performances in my eyes, or at least gave one of their top performances overall. Obviously taking into account that the pretaped rounds are all slightly corrected, which they didn’t have the luxury of having last night.

Hailey would be my #1 answer; if I didn’t like Raquel’s audition so much, she’d be #2, and if he hadn’t been ridiculously consistent this entire competition, Paris would be #3. 

5 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Glad someone else said Raquel. I genuinely thought besides one or two notes, she delivered.

The only ones that fit the description for me would be Raquel, David, and Libianca, and they all performed about even with their KO’s for me.

Raquel is clearly in her element when it comes to fun, upbeat songs but she either got drowned by the band or kinda slurred her words.

This time I was able to enjoy her runs without any of the negatives.

31 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

I’d like to pose a question bc I’m curious about the answers - is there any contestant that y’all think had their best performance so far in the competition last night?

I can only think of 2, possibly 3, that exceeded all of their previous performances in my eyes, or at least gave one of their top performances overall. Obviously taking into account that the pretaped rounds are all slightly corrected, which they didn’t have the luxury of having last night.

I would say Hailey, but I thought her KO was just as good. She’s singing songs that aren’t really popular with, or even known by the voting audience, and still making an impression. I did not know “Traitor.” I only knew “Arcade” because it was performed on the show last season. 

There we’re a few others on par with their previous performances, like Wendy and Paris. People are holding Wendy to a ridiculously high standard, and I understand the reasons. 

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I would say Hailey, but I thought her KO was just as good. She’s singing songs that aren’t really popular with, or even known by the voting audience, and still making an impression. I did not know “Traitor.” I only knew “Arcade” because it was performed on the show last season. 

There we’re a few others on par with their previous performances, like Wendy and Paris. People are holding Wendy to a ridiculously high standard, and I understand the reasons. 

Yeah. Wendy’s been super solid the whole time and did well last night, but it was her “worst” performance so far for me.

Which in her case is 100% not a bad thing because it’s Wendy freakin’ Moten and she can sing whatever she pleases and it’ll be fine until the finale.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I've seen way too many people on Twitter say they've been making dozens of accounts just to give all the votes to Team Ariana..... Do they not realize that Team Ari is up against... Team Ari.... tonight???:wacko:

If that's the case then we can't rule out anyone for Team Ariana in the finale.

1 hour ago, Someone648 said:

Paris for me. Everything about his song choice and delivery felt different than prelives. I thought it was perfect for him and definitely his best so far. Even though his knockout was great vocally I felt like the song was too overdone and didn’t really allow him to stand out as much.

• Like 1

Not all of minivan hangs out on Facebook. These are small sample sizes of comments, so it’s probably not that indicative, but there are several discussions about the contestants and teams from last night. 

Edited by TeamAudra

16 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

I've seen way too many people on Twitter say they've been making dozens of accounts just to give all the votes to Team Ariana..... Do they not realize that Team Ari is up against... Team Ari.... tonight???:wacko:

Short answer is NO. They still don’t understand how the show works.

6 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Not all of minivan hangs out on Facebook. These are small sample sizes of comments, so it’s probably not that indicative, but there are several discussions about the contestants and teams from last night. 

They lowkey liked David better than Minivan on the Team John thread.

23 minutes ago, ikwonic said:

It’ll be interesting because it’s a bit cloudy in terms of who’s getting Ari’s PV besides Holly, and her save is even more up in the air - but her wc has the best shot at winning. Even though they pretty much all underperformed and had pretty clearly the worst night as a team, 4/5 could go through.

4 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

It’ll be interesting because it’s a bit cloudy in terms of who’s getting Ari’s PV besides Holly, and her save is even more up in the air - but her wc has the best shot at winning. Even though they pretty much all underperformed and had pretty clearly the worst night as a team, 4/5 could go through.

*Flashbacks from Kelly having the worst team in S17 and still getting four contestants in the Top 13

To be fair, Team Kelly at least didn't flopped as hard as Team Ari did last night, so Ari having four contestants in the Top 13 would be tragic

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I changed my prediction from Peedy to Paris. I might regret that, but there are so many people not digging the Elvis act, I just can’t ignore it anymore. 

Frankly, I would love it if Paris got the second vote.  It would actually be a lot of fun to see the look on Blake's face when he realizes he has to let one of Peedy or LiBianca* go.

*And that assumes that he even wants to save her, considering that he only gave her mild praise last night while heaping lots and lots of praise upon Peedy, Paris, Lana, and Wendy.

21 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I changed my prediction from Peedy to Paris. I might regret that, but there are so many people not digging the Elvis act, I just can’t ignore it anymore. 

For me its the fact that Paris has lead in reacts for two consecutive rounds on FB, both in KOs and now he has the most reacts of last night, even surpassing GNT. Plus the comments for him are overwhelmingly positive, especially compared to others, including a lot comments about him on other people's videos.

Tennessee Whiskey changed things for him big time. If he gets a PV tonight, he's safe till at least semis.

Edited by Misirlou

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

For me its the fact that Paris has lead in reacts for two consecutive rounds, both in KOs and now he has the most reacts of last night. Plus the comments for him are overwhelmingly positive, especially compared to others, including a lot comments about him on other people's videos.

Tennessee Whiskey changed things for him big time. If he gets a PV tonight, he's safe till at least semis.

That’s all true, but we get fooled by social media often, and it’s difficult to get a PV as a KO save. In this case, I’ll go along with it. I doubt any of us expected Peedy to do his Elvis impersonation every single round. 😂 

based off MJs Poll on MjsBigBlog

Three for Kelly: Hailey, GNT, Gymani, WC: Jeremy, and Katie Eliminated

Three for John: Samuel, Jershika Samuel, WC: David and Joshua Eliminated

Three for Ariana: Holly Bella Ryleigh, WC: Raquel and Jim and Sasha Eliminated

Three for Blake: Wendy Paris LiBianca, WC: Lana and Peedy Eliminated

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

That’s all true, but we get fooled by social media often, and it’s difficult to get a PV as a KO save. In this case, I’ll go along with it. I doubt any of us expected Peedy to do his Elvis impersonation every single round. 😂 

Social media can be decieving, but since these stats are all we have, I'm going with it.

I think it would have been wise on Peedy's part to change it up. Maybe go acoustic or sing a ballad, but at this point I suspect TPTB is forcing him to keep the Elvis image, since he has said in a Hollywood Junket interview that he wanted to show more of himself instead of people just having an Elvis connotation. 

Either way, I think few people here would have expected to think that Paris has a good shot at being Blake's male dog this season.