The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Just now, Misirlou said:

That could actually be a good sign for Paris, given his usually good numbers on FB, but he got an obscure song choice last night.

Yeah, but he’s probably been relying heavily on casual votes. People don’t go check out his performances later on YouTube or IG, and I think his streaming numbers are the lowest of the top 8. The best thing he has going for him is Blake. 

22 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Lana’s version is at #69 on the country chart, Carrie’s is #51. That’s the problem with a song like that. More people are going to want Carrie’s. I don’t care who’s singing. I wouldn’t even want Wendy to have that song. 

Contestant’s often chart higher than the original artist, especially for non-current songs. What’s so compelling about Carrie as compared to Joni Mitchell, whose original is also re-charting, but far below GNT?

The more reasonable explanation is that the audience didn’t like Lana very much.

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

Contestant’s often chart higher than the original artist, especially for non-current songs. What’s so compelling about Carrie as compared to Joni Mitchell, whose original is also re-charting, but far below GNT?

The more reasonable explanation is that the audience didn’t like Lana very much.

Good point. Carrie is tough to cover, because it’s difficult to match her power singing live, especially with those terrible acoustics. It’s also difficult to do anything different with the songs, so they usually end up being karaoke. I realize Lana changed it up with “Amazing Grace” toward the end, but I think most of us knew that wasn’t going to work. She probably should have chosen “Amazing Grace” instead. It would have had a much greater impact. Of course, TPTB  probably never would have allowed that. 

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Good point. Carrie is tough to cover, because it’s difficult to match her power singing live, especially with those terrible acoustics. It’s also difficult to do anything different with the songs, so they usually end up being karaoke. I realize Lana changed it up with “Amazing Grace” toward the end, but I think most of us knew that wasn’t going to work. She probably should have chosen “Amazing Grace” instead. It would have had a much greater impact. Of course, TPTB  probably never would have allowed that. 

We knew they were coming for Team Blake this week due to him having 3, and they chose her. First a huge Carrie song, the J&S pairing, and being done in the first hour.

They treated Wendy well last night, and Blake clearly had a lot to do with it, hence his advice of her returning to her bombastic pre-lives ways. He probably told her to pick a song in that vein.

Paris was neither pimped nor bussed. Apparently he picked his song, and I dont think he thought much of it being competitive or not in this round, he wanted to stay in his lane, and do his thing.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

We knew they were coming for Team Blake this week due to him having 3, and they chose her. First a huge Carrie song, the J&S pairing, and being done in the first hour.

They treated Wendy well last night, and Blake clearly had a lot to do with it, hence his advice of her returning to her bombastic pre-lives ways. He probably told her to pick a song in that vein.

Paris was neither pimped nor bussed. Apparently he picked his song, and I dont think he thought much of it being competitive or not in this round, he wanted to stay in his lane, and do his thing.

I do know Paris wants to make the finale, though. He said so in a live a few days ago. That is his goal. He also acknowledged he’s not in Wendy’s league vocally, and doesn’t believe he’s ahead of her.  I think he has a decent shot whether it’s a PV or IS. 

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

If Lana was third in votes among those on Team Blake in previous weeks, she would be the logical one for TPTB to treat less favorably.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I do know Paris wants to make the finale, though. He said so in a live a few days ago. That is his goal. He also acknowledged he’s not in Wendy’s league vocally, and doesn’t believe he’s ahead of her.  I think he has a decent shot whether it’s a PV or IS. 

Yeah, he does want to make finale, and he does have a chance, honestly. The 5 slot situation helps some people.

If he gets PV tonight, I think he might come 4th next week. Ceiling is 3rd. If he wins the IS, then most likely 5th.

And its clear he respects Wendy, and viceversa, given how professional their duet was. 

Edited by Misirlou

The only acts I’m confident will make it are GNT and Wendy.  I’m not confident about any of the others…. Not even Hailey, who it seems everyone else is confident about.  I can honestly see ANY combination of Paris, Jershika, Hailey, Joshua, and yes…. Even Lana and J&S filling out the top 5 thanks to the “only country artist” thing and Arianators… 

I imagine Carson will announce GNT and Wendy first—no particular order—just to get them out of the way and build suspense.

Edited by landon1988

Fun fact:  Did y’all know Wendy is actually a country artist?  Her last album was a country album and on her website, she very specifically makes it clear that she is a COUNTRY singer.  I’m not sure how that’ll do for her after the show when she’s built a core fan base of R&B/soul listeners.  Either way, she’s an amazing singer.  I was just very confused when I saw that lol

1 minute ago, landon1988 said:

Fun fact:  Did y’all know Wendy is actually a country artist?  Her last album was a country album and on her website, she very specifically makes it clear that she is a COUNTRY singer.  I’m not sure how that’ll do for her after the show when she’s built a core fan base of R&B/soul listeners.  Either way, she’s an amazing singer.  I was just very confused when I saw that lol

Yeah, we knew lol.

3 minutes ago, gabe0101 said:

Question for ya’ll. What is the most realistic result tonight that would surprise people though? 

Joshua getting PV. His numbers have been lower most weeks and he never seemed like he would make the finale.

Paris getting eliminated is another option, but I am having trouble picturing him losing the save

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, landon1988 said:

Last week she said she wasn’t :unsure: