The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Joshua probably has a shot, but if he does make it, we are entering Chris Kroeze territory. He hasn’t has good numbers on any social platform or YouTube all season. For some reason, he has good numbers on Google Trends, but that isn’t backed up anywhere else, so I ignore it. Even his Spotify numbers rank on the lower end of the group, with Lana and Paris. 

Edited by TeamAudra

15 minutes ago, Daillon said:

Last week she said she wasn’t :unsure:

Yeah, I know… but she identified as a country singer before the show.  And her first country album was just released last year.  So it’ll be interesting to see if she continues that path after the show or goes back to R&B/Soul now that that’s the fan base she has built up in the last few months.  I love her either way and hope she succeeds in whatever genre she goes down.

1 minute ago, landon1988 said:

Yeah, I know… but she identified as a country singer before the show.  And her first country album was just released last year.  So it’ll be interesting to see if she continues that path after the show or goes back to R&B/Soul now that that’s the fan base she has built up in the last few months.  I love her either way and hope she succeeds in whatever genre she goes down.

That flew over your head 

Edit: but thanks for supporting Wendy, though ✌️

Edited by Gustavo527

18 minutes ago, Legendium said:

will the next coach lineup for 22 be public at the finale?

And I think my ideal lineup is Blake, Kelly, John/Alicia/JHud, male pop singer (Justin Timberlake, Ed Sheeran, Charlie Puth, even a rap artist like Eminem lol)

To my knowledge, they have never timed the coach panel announcements to show milestones. They generally announce the next panel when they know it.

6 minutes ago, landon1988 said:

She has performed at the Grand Ole Opry 10 times in the last couple years, including a couple times very recently, like…September. She lives in Nashville. Most of her contacts are in the country genre. Honestly, I have no idea what she’s doing. I’m guessing she’s playing a role on a TV show, and will go back to what she was doing before when it’s over. 

Edited by TeamAudra
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, landon1988 said:

Fun fact:  Did y’all know Wendy is actually a country artist?  Her last album was a country album and on her website, she very specifically makes it clear that she is a COUNTRY singer.  I’m not sure how that’ll do for her after the show when she’s built a core fan base of R&B/soul listeners.  Either way, she’s an amazing singer.  I was just very confused when I saw that lol

Wendy's website bio is worded that way because it's promoting her latest project, which was an album of country covers.

The description of the website says:

Home page of Wendy Moten, an Americana, Jazz, Pop, R&B/Soul artist from Memphis.

Wendy calls herself a "storyteller" and a "balladeer." While country is one of the music genres she sings, she isn't strictly a country artist. In her interviews, Wendy has said that Aretha Franklin is her biggest influence. She's also made it clear that she does not consider herself a country artist.

Wendy on 10/11/19:

https://michaelpcoleman.wordpress.com/2019/10/11/vocalist-wendy-moten-has-a-word-for-women-as-she-preps-her-new-traditional-country-album-anything-is-possible

I checked out the women who sang traditional country in the 1960s and 70s, and learned their sound.

I see myself as a Linda Ronstadt-type artist, who can visit a lot of different genres.

Wendy on 11/17/21:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CWZR5tOqpEv

She wants to sing the classics that shouldn't be forgotten.

This in-depth interview covers Wendy's life and career to mid-2020.
Regarding her Americana country record, Wendy says:
"The most valuable thing I learned was I finally figured out what kind of artist I am. I finally understood. I'm the type of artist that likes to sing everything." She adds, "I just want to continue to create art. I recognize that I'm not the singles type of person. I'm not the one that's looking for a hit. I just want to sing great songs, songs that move me."
Edited by RTV
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

She has performed at the Grand Ole Opry 10 times in the last couple years, including a couple times very recently, like…September. She lives in Nashville. Most of her contacts are in the country genre. Honestly, I have no idea what she’s doing. I’m guessing she’s playing a role on a TV show, and will go back to what she was doing before when it’s over. 

Wendy has said in interviews that she wants to win The Voice. Country singers usually get votes, and she sounds great singing country songs. That's why I wanted her to do more country this season. But she's a versatile singer who obviously doesn't want to limit her music career to just country, so it's good that she has been able to sing multiple genres on the show.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, RTV said:

Wendy has said in interviews that she wants to win The Voice. Country singers usually get votes, and she sounds great singing country songs. That's why I wanted her to do more country this season. But she's a versatile singer who obviously doesn't want to limit her music career to just country, so it's good that she has been able to sing multiple genres on the show.

I think she’s dabbled in different genres all along. It’s just the actual paying jobs she’s had over the last 10 years or so have been in the country genre, and that has opened some doors for her. Performing 10x in two years at the Opry is pretty good, especially considering it was closed for covid over much of that time period. I’m assuming she’ll continue to perform there. Winning the show might open up opportunities for more gigs out of state. 

5 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, Wendy has said she does want to win. 

So did Hailey, in a hometown interview the other day. Not many come right out and say it. I’ll reiterate, she would be much better off not winning, and honestly, so would GNT. Wendy would probably benefit the most, and have the least to lose. 

Edited by TeamAudra

I'll be honest, i'm just hoping for my  favorites to get through tonight (i'm still not 100% confident about it, but let's see what happens). Once that happens, i'll just sit and enjoy the show next week, because i honestly don't care that much about the placements in the finale. 

I can't talk for other people, though. I'm sure there are gonna be people over SM that won't be happy about the finale results, if you know what i mean. And we know that most of the time, people on SM don't held back at all with their opinions

Edited by Gustavo527
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

So did Hailey, in a hometown interview the other day. Not many come right out and say it. I’ll reiterate, she would be much better off not winning, and honestly, so would GNT. Wendy would probably benefit the most, and have the least to lose. 

Joshua said it last night too. I dont think I've heard GNT say it, nor Paris, but he indeed has said that he wants to make it to the finale.

Edited by Misirlou

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

I'll be honest, i'm just hoping for my  favorites to get through tonight (i'm still not 100% confident about it, but let's see what happens). Once that happens, i'll just sit and enjoy the show next week, because i honestly don't care that much about the placements in the finale. 

I can't talk for other people, though. I'm sure there are gonna be people over SM that won't be happy about the finale results, if you know what i mean. And we know that most of the time, people on SM don't held back at all with their opinions

Maybe it’s better to leave the show having viewers thinking you were robbed, than having to deal with what you just laid out.

I know exactly what you’re referring to, though. Do you think they would still do it if they crowned the first female  Hispanic winner? 🤔 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

Maybe it’s better to leave the show having viewers thinking you were robbed, than having to deal with what you just laid out.

I know exactly what you’re referring to, though. Do you think they would still do it if they crowned the first female  Hispanic winner? 🤔 

The thing is, a lot of people perceive her as white. Even if she herself has let it clear that she has hispanic background, people won't care. They won't be happy about a young "white" girl winning over more experienced adults (possibly two of them black, assuming both Paris and Wendy will be in the finale)