The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, WastedinMemphis said:

Taylor would be great.  Wonder if she's willing to put up with Blake on national TV 😂

I really think that if TSwift was interested in being a Voice coach it would have happened already. 

She doesn’t look down her nose at the show, given her willingness to be the Mega Mentor. I’m sure she was approached about a full coach chair after the positive reception (or even before!)  I just don’t think she wants to make the time commitment required.

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Worst first time coach…Miley, Nick, or Ariana? Who would be your pick? It’s close for me, but Ari is making a strong case for the title. 

I still think Ari will do the most outside of the show so I wouldn’t pick her. 

14 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Worst first time coach…Miley, Nick, or Ariana? Who would be your pick? It’s close for me, but Ari is making a strong case for the title. 

Out of these...Gwen on S7, but she has improved massively in her last two.

But as a whole, to this day I think the worst coach debut of all time was Pharrell, also on S7. Man both he and Gwen sucked on that season. The veterans had to carry it.

Ariana has been very sweet and caring about her team, so I wouldnt call her a bad coach per se, since a lot of it involves actually being a mentor to your team, but its clear that she doesnt get how the show works. It wouldnt shock me if she loses an artist next week too.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

Guys, stop mentioning Taylor as a possible coach, please. I really, really don't think she is interested at all in being a judge on these types of shows. She was a mentor two seasons, but that's it. 

And no, i'm a Swiftie but i don't think her fanbase will affect the voting in any way. The show has an established audience, and that is hardly gonna change. 

(Watch me being wrong about it when they announce the coaches for S22 LOL)

31 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Miley at least had Ali, and except for letting her sing "9 to 5" (WTF?!) she overall did a good job with her(The rest of her team was tragic) 

Ariana has...Holly, i guess?? But she is an steal, and sadly, has only gotten worse since she is on her team. So Ariana takes the title for me

With Nick, i don't even know. It feels like that season never happened, probably the most forgettable season after season 1. It's like they skipped from Season 17 to Season 19 LOL.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Gustavo527 said:

With Nick, i don't even know. It feels like that season never happened, probably the most forgettable season after season 1. It's like they skipped from Season 17 to Season 19 LOL.

Literally though. Poor dude had his first season in covid 🥲. And the lives which are probably the most exciting part for the coaches he sat in a big red chair at home 😭. But i'm glad he came back a second time because I felt like he improved a bit. But would rather see a brand new coach than have him on for a 3rd time. Actually I would be glad if John sat out a season too. I miss when they used to swap 2 coaches out. 

13 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Just thought about this but getting eliminated in the Top 11 must suck the hardest, because its only you. At least on Top 13 , Top 10 and especially bloodbath, you have company.

It’s funny you say that. On the various Voice Kids shows, they re-vamped the Battles to be 3 way, so that no child has to be the sole “loser”.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

At this point, anybody can think of a new coach who would actually be able to give Blake a run for his money with votes? Taylor is a possibility, but I know 80% of Minivan would give her crap still.

Dolly, maybe Celine

Taylor doesn't change anything. Her fans are "old", they won't care about the show. they only care about the drama that surrounds her. (like the arianators, they just want to see Ariana's outfits)

I'd call Gaga a thousand times because she's brilliant and skilled in all damn genres. but it clearly wouldn't affect the vote power of Blake or Kelly at all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeamAudra said:

I don’t think Ari’s first season has been as catastrophic as Gwen and Pharrell’s. 

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Just thought about this but getting eliminated in the Top 11 must suck the hardest, because its only you. At least on Top 13 , Top 10 and especially bloodbath, you have company.

I didn't watched Season 4, but i remember the clip with Holly being eliminated. It was a really heartbreaking moment, and it didn't helped that a lot of people was waiting for her downfall just because she was a country artist. 

Kimberly and India losing in the Top 6 and Top 5 of their season, respectively, was also heartbreaking

42 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I didn't watched Season 4, but i remember the clip with Holly being eliminated alone in the Top 6. It was a really heartbreaking moment, and it didn't helped that a lot of people was waiting for her downfall just because she was a country artist. 

Kimberly and India losing in the Top 6 and Top 5 of their season, respectively, was also heartbreaking

Edited by Gustavo527

47 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

This makes me remember the Top 11 elimination of Queen Janice Freeman. That was heartbreaking. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

2 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

This makes me remember the Top 11 elimination of Queen Janice Freeman. That was heartbreaking. 

I forgot about that one. That was the extremely sad. One of the most heartbreaking eliminations in the history of the show. 

Rest in Peace, Queen. We will always remember you 🙏

• Sad 4

6 minutes ago, Dalton Eduardo said:

Yeah, that was one of the saddest we've had.

By the way, I miss those "After the Elimination" videos they had after a contestant was given the axe, we could see how they were doing and the support they were getting from the other contestants and coaches.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

My pick is Nick. At least Miley and Ariana seemed invested in their teams, and they make for more interesting television viewing than he does.

(I agree with those saying Pharrell was worse, though.)

Edited by RTV
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

I don’t think Ari’s first season has been as catastrophic as Gwen and Pharrell’s. 

For real.  Gwen and Pharrell started making bad decisions from the Battles and on in their first season.  (And Pharrell learned from those mistakes the very next season and ended up winning, while it took Gwen till her third season to start learning how to play the game smartly.)  Ariana, for the most part, made sensible enough decisions throughout the pretaped rounds.  It's only the Playoffs where she started to screw up.

I'll be a bitch and state that a Voice coach must be good at the basics, which is: singing. I don't wanna see a pitchy coach in the middle of the team performance, dragging their team. So, I'm not down for some previous suggestions. 

Also, they should look for a coach with some minivan appeal, because it is proved that a big star doesn't actually makes the difference expected. 

Having said that, maybe a good coach would be someone like Pink, who is amazing at singing, it's a must-listen on soccer mom's minivans, would not take Blake's crap and Kelly probably wouldn't stop drooling on air. Same case with Mariah, but I don't think she would fit very well, since she's not the most relatable person out there. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, KimberlyxKyla said:

- excited for next week… hoping Gymani can channel her inner Adam Cunningham, Rayshun LaMurr, etc. and get a PV!!

Just came here to say that, girl better channel her inner Aaron Gibson and annihilate everyone in the IS. Even if her ceiling is Top 8 bottom 2 I don't care, just give us as many performances as possible.

Tbh with a killer song I can see her escaping the bottom 2 next week.

• Like 2