The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

1 hour ago, Angelbright said:

I was gonna say team John should songs Beyoncé's new song but then there’s Joshua so I think Shadale should definitely sing that song it’s very powerful. 

I was actually thinking yesterday about who could sing “Be Alive.” I think if someone was to individually sing it, I’d say Gymani or Jershika because the runs are built into the song. But Shadale could bring out all the emotions in it as well so that could definitely be a moment and powerful. And her range is so good 

22 hours ago, Rodney said:

Yeah, Raquel's only chance was Ariana's coach save, and she would've gotten it had Ariana been going by performance.  Had she been going by strategy, it was quite likely that, despite her complete flop, Bella would've gotten the save instead.  The Ryleigh pick was out of nothing but complete emotion from Ariana, and it's going to bite her in the butt.

Uhh gonna bite her in the butt how? With how bad Bella sounded in her last 2 performances, she wasn't going to make it any farther than Ryleigh is going to make it. It's not like Bella would have gone on to make the finale had Ariana picked her. 

2 minutes ago, ColePlay said:

Uhh gonna bite her in the butt how? With how bad Bella sounded in her last 2 performances, she wasn't going to make it any farther than Ryleigh is going to make it. It's not like Bella would have gone on to make the finale had Ariana picked her. 

Nah I think Rodney's point is accurate. Raquel had the strongest performance of the three but had the least hype going into that week. Strategically, Bella's style would've been more likely to go a bit further than either Ryleigh or Raquel would have. There was no logical reason to pick Ryleigh besides emotion. I feel like even if Bella had performed well/not gotten TSE as her song and the PVs stayed the same, Ari still would've gone for Ryleigh.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Someone648 said:

Nah I think Rodney's point is accurate. Raquel had the strongest performance of the three but had the least hype going into that week. Strategically, Bella's style would've been more likely to go a bit further than either Ryleigh or Raquel would have. There was no logical reason to pick Ryleigh besides emotion. I feel like even if Bella had performed well/not gotten TSE as her song and the PVs stayed the same, Ari still would've gone for Ryleigh.

Idk I just think the Bella we were seeing in the lives wasn't even a shell of what she gave us in the audition/battles. I couldn't see her picking it back up. Ryleigh showed a lot of potential in the first 3 rounds, and while her playoff wasn't great, she at least showed some strength in her voice that Bella didn't have imo. I think with a better song choice and arrangement Ryleigh could pick it back up. I do think Raquel had the best performance, but I knew she didn't have a chance at going through.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, seak05 said:

In the past the special performances have been the "big name" performances that are aired finale (and other) weeks. The coaches/team performances have been done the day of. The contestants usually have stage rehearsal over the weekends 🤷‍♀️

I guess they could be airing stuff in other weeks but it seems like a month before the finale is a long time to film those performances. Hopefully someone there will send some info. 

With Bella, it’s pretty much “what you see is what you get.” If she would stay in her lower register, her performances would go over much better, but that’s not going to fly on this show. At least with Ryleigh, there’s something to work with. Unfortunately, I don’t think there’s enough time. It’s an argument over one perhaps lasting a week longer than the other, which I’m not even convinced would be the case. 

Bella is very talented, but I struggle to make a case for her advancing after this week. And I'm talking about both Monday and Tuesday. Things just got messy for her after she lost her battle, tbh.

Ryleigh needs to device a better strategy when it comes to the arrangement of songs she sings. And why do I say that? Because the last note failed due to her getting scared to go for it, and she decided into falsetto instead, but it was too late, resulting in it getting very pitchy. She should have a plan on how to approach the performance next time, so there is no need for final minute improvs.

I will say, as I relistened to them both, Ryleigh was better. But Raquel deserved that save, even if she would have been gone next week, she deserved to be rewarded for carrying the team.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Angelbright said:

Do ya ever think if there is beef between contestants? Because Jershika and Shadale don’t even follow each other. 

It was pretty obvious to me in season twelve that contestants had beef with each other.  Every time Mark Isaiah was in danger, none of the other contestants tweeted to save him.  They always tweeted to save his opponents.  Even the contestants on his own team.

In season fifteen, it was fairly obvious that no one liked Reagan strange, either.  No one tweeted to save her either time she was in danger.

28 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

Do ya ever think if there is beef between contestants? Because Jershika and Shadale don’t even follow each other. 

Plsss I highly doubt there's any beef, just ended up in different friend groups. From what I can tell, Shadale is friends with Holly, Jeremy, GNT, and Lana.

Edited by FloorWax

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Was Jershika included in Shadale’s The Office spoof? That’s how you figure out who’s friends with whom.

I don't recall seeing Jershika in any of Shadale's videos but she's not the only one. They probably just aren't close.

37 minutes ago, Angelbright said:

I just looked at if some of the contestants I follow follow others, and two of them definitely were not flowing everyone in the cast. I think the other one maybe also did not follow everyone. I don’t think there is necessarily any beef there per se. I know that IDF loves to stir the pot and drink the tea, but there is not always tea to be consumed! 🤭

10 hours ago, Misirlou said:

That could be it.

Have they prerecorded team performances before? As far as I remember, they'd always perform live on the results shows.

Yeah, that's what I remembered too. It has always been live the seasons that I'd seen. Pre-recorded would possibly be the top 20 group performance, like season 20 cover BTS's "Dynamite".

15 minutes ago, CoolBriz said:

Yeah, that's what I remembered too. It has always been live the seasons that I'd seen. Pre-recorded would possibly be the top 20 group performance, like season 20 cover BTS's "Dynamite".

Wouldn’t that have been recorded before today if there was going to be one? People already left LA 

Edited by jem128