The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

2 hours ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, I'm sure that is not in TPTB's plans, but they have had things not go their way before.

I still think GNT will win, Wendy to a lesser extent. I have Paris as the possible 3rd option. I still dont think he has a shot at the win, but IF things play out well for him in the next two weeks like I said, I might actually start believing it.

For now, I think he can reach the finale.

Caribbean Queen is on the way🤣

• Haha 1

I wouldn't discard a Paris win, though. The top 2 is very divisive. There's still the old comments of "it's the voice, not the voices" and "she's yelling, not singing". 

I feel like GNT has a triple chance to bomb live, they are going through a though time behind the cameras and their last performance wasn't well received (not enough to endanger them, but still). 

Wendy let the comments of "she screams" get to her head and I feel like a song that she has been doing since always, wasn't delievered in full strength. And it should have been a moment for her. Even though she took PV1, I feel like it was much more a "body of work" thing, than because of the performance, considering the numbers on Facebook. 

Paris is 100% a Dark Horse that appeals to Minivan and Casuals. If Wendy let a moment pass her by again or nerves get to GNT, I wouldn't discard a twist even if Paris underdeliver. 

In sum, the finale is already locked between Paris/Wendy/GNT, unless TPTB gives Paris an atheist metal song. If he would win, I woudn't bet against. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, FloorWax said:

Paris sang his #1 song for his Playoff performance, (which, tin foil hat time, TPTB did to ensure he'd get the PV over Peedy) we'll see how he does with something he's less comfortable with.

Giving someone their #1 song doesn’t mean they will automatically do well. An artist might have very unusual taste or simply pick bad competition songs. 

Someone who gigs a lot will be comfortable with all their choices, not just their first or second pick. Not to mention, we’re entering the part of the competition where the list is just for the IS. During the lives, any cleared song is fair game, at least as a suggested choice.

2 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

For the blinds, GNT opened, Wendy closed

For the KOs Wendy opened, GNT closed

And for the POs GNT opened, Wendy closed

wow, it's almost like they're the season's TCO's 😂

• Haha 14

9 minutes ago, ThrowawayCrayon said:

So far, GNT and Wendy have been alternating the respective episodes they've been in together

For the blinds, GNT opened, Wendy closed

For the KOs Wendy opened, GNT closed

And for the POs GNT opened, Wendy closed

Will the order perhaps keep going within the coming weeks? 

T13: Wendy open, GNT close 1st hour

T11: GNT open 2nd hour,Wendy close 1st hour

T10: Wendy open 2nd hour,GNT close 1st hour

T8: Wendy open, GNT close

Final:

Winner- Wendy/GNT

Runner-up- Wendy/GNT

🤣😂

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, colemanftw said:

I see Wendy and Paris splitting some Team Blake votes so maybe TBTP wanted both to get through to make it easier to bus Blake later on? 

I agree that Paris diminishes Wendy's chances of winning and makes it less likely that TPTB need to bus Wendy. If both of them make the finale, vote splitting between them increases Girl Named Tom's chances of winning.

19 minutes ago, pauwis said:

fans keep suggesting Panic! for Joshua, but I wish it wasn't High Hopes. he would be fine with the piano version of This Is Gospel or The Greatest Show

I would love to see him do Nicotine/Death of Bachelor/This is Gospel. Brendon has really great highs and lows in his voice and I don't think I've heard Joshua go that low so I'm intrigued to see what he could do with it. I could also see him really nailing the "ohhh yeahhh" parts in Emperor's New Clothes but that song as a whole could turn out like his battle (though I liked his battle) 

• Like 1