The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

8 minutes ago, Voice said:

They didn’t even sing together...just to each other until the very end like for one second and it was just high notes.

Oh yeah.. they didnt sing together. Didnt realize it when I watched it.

As a whole I wasnt really in love with the battle. Wendy is killer and Manny improved but the whole arrangement (including song choice) felt a bit disjointed.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 3

Just now, Misirlou said:

Oh yeah.. they didnt sing together. Didnt realize it when I watched it.

As a whole I wasnt really in love with the battle. Wendy is killer and Manny improved but the whole thing (including song choice) felt a bit disjointed.

yeah I share the same sentiments.

34 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

They are still playing the "No clue why Wendy chose Blake" storyline. Even Blake said it himself in the video

I'm sure at that point he had to have learned about Wendy's country career though, especially since Dierks knows her.

Probably keeping it a secret to show it later? Or maybe they are indeed just gonna keep Wendy in the R&B/Soul lane on the show?

Didn’t Wendy mention her country credits during her Blinds package?  

2 minutes ago, AngelaKD said:

Didn’t Wendy mention her country credits during her Blinds package?  

I believe she did mention a couple of country names, but many didnt seem to notice it, plus the show is currently selling her as R&B/Soul diva that for some unknown reason chose the country coach. 

They're giving them the "unlikely pairing, but could work" treatment, just like Cam last season.

14 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I believe she did mention a couple of country names, but many didnt seem to notice it, plus the show is currently selling her as R&B/Soul diva that for some unknown reason chose the country coach. 

They're giving them the "unlikely pairing, but could work" treatment, just like Cam last season.

Perhaps they're saving the country performances towards the later part of lives when it really matters. Its gonna seem like wow she can do country too?! Or maybe they wanna help Ariana's chances by giving Wendy a non-minivan friendly lane throughout 

29 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

That’s hardly a secret though. If people want to ignore what was plainly stated, that’s on them.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

They are still playing the "No clue why Wendy chose Blake" storyline. Even Blake said it himself in the video

I'm sure at that point he had to have learned about Wendy's country career though, especially since Dierks knows her.

Probably keeping it a secret to show it later? Or maybe they are indeed just gonna keep Wendy in the R&B/Soul lane on the show?

How do you know Dierks know her?

There’s a chance Wendy just doesn’t know what wins this show. She might think huge range, power and belting is what the audience wants to hear. The last “belter” to win the show is Alisan, yet her most popular performances were more toned down. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

How do you know Dierks know her?

There’s a chance Wendy just doesn’t know what wins this show. She might think huge range, power and belting is what the audience wants to hear. The last “belter” to win the show is Alisan, yet her most popular performances were more toned down. 

I believe someone here mentioned that they have met before, I don't remember if it was during a tour or a certain performance, and it wouldn't surprise me since almost everybody in the country music scene gets around.

Wendy just needs a ballad for the playoffs. She has a really lovely tone, like she displayed in the first part of her blind, but the songs she's gotten don't allow us to hear that side of her voice. 

This battle was great, don't get me wrong, but like some said, it's not going to move the needle for her. I doubt she's TCO anyway though, so its understandable.

Edit: it's fine though, because battles don't really move the needle for almost everyone. Kyla Jade literally had "One Last Time".

Edited by FloorWax
  • Like 3

Just now, jus.willy said:

Majority of minivan in the comments hated that battle. Few praised Wendy and Manny individually. Some mentioned she’s screaming and majority was bad song choice…..Definitely not doing anything good for Wendy’s chances. 

Not surprised, it was a tad disjointed (and John had a point about it feeling like two different styles/vibes going on or something like that, forget the exact words) but the individual vocals were very good. The song choice could’ve been better, or at least better arranged, but at least it’s the battles where song choice tends to matter less anyway.