The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

5 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Majority of minivan in the comments hated that battle. Few praised Wendy and Manny individually. Some mentioned she’s screaming and majority was bad song choice…..Definitely not doing anything good for Wendy’s chances. 

Disagree with the "screamer" comments but can't blame them for the song choice critiques. John was right when he said it seemed like they were giving different performances. This is also the first battle of the season that didnt feature the opponents singing together at any point.

Whoever arranged this battle didn't think about that when assigning the parts and overall song choice. 

51 minutes ago, jus.willy said:

Majority of minivan in the comments hated that battle. Few praised Wendy and Manny individually. Some mentioned she’s screaming and majority was bad song choice…..Definitely not doing anything good for Wendy’s chances. 

What this does is strengthen the chances of the very few contestants with traditional minivan appeal, like Peedy, Hailey and maybe GNT. I’m only hesitant on GNT because they are a trio, but they have everything else going for them. It’s easy to make a case for, or against all three of those acts as potential winners of the show. 

1 minute ago, TeamAudra said:

What this does is strengthen the chances of the very few contestants with traditional minivan appeal, like Peedy, Hailey and maybe GNT. I’m only hesitant on GNT because they are a trio, but they have everything else going for them. It’s easy to make a case for, or against all three of those acts as potential winners of the show. 

GNT’s battle was much better received on FB. There were a lot more positive comments there. I’m hoping Wendy sings more appealing songs going forward because these songs don’t seem to be working with the audience. 

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

Peedy was pretty much universally acclaimed by FB (and other SM) comments in his battle. GNT had a lot of positivity too but some group-hating comments too. 

No clue how Minivan will recieve Hailey's battle. I'm sure that they'll prefer her over Raquel, but not sure about the overall reception. 

1 hour ago, jus.willy said:

This doesn't surprise me. I'd bet money on Wendy's chances of winning being practically nonexistent.

Think about it: Considering the voting demographic of The Voice, does anyone in all honesty actually think a 55 year old AA woman can win the show? It doesn't matter how talented Wendy is, nor how much of a vocal beast she is, because she'll still get slandered for the exact same reasons as most other AA females on this show.

Honestly, I don't think Wendy even WANTS to win. She's clearly too good vocally for this competition and probably just wants exposure.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Peedy was pretty much universally acclaimed by FB (and other SM) comments in his battle. GNT had a lot of positivity too but some group-hating comments too. 

No clue how Minivan will recieve Hailey's battle. I'm sure that they'll prefer her over Raquel, but not sure about the overall reception. 

The thing about these potential frontrunners (Peedy, GNT, Hailey) is how well they can deliver  during the live portion of the show. The only one I'm sure will be able to handle is Wendy. 

With GNT, there's a triple chance of being flat. Peedy and Hailey doesn't cross me as experienced singers. 

I honestly think Wendy can be the first AA with real chance, if she plays her cards right. 

Watch me being wrong and the trophy going to a charismatic kid/youngster again. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

It’s too easy to overstate the impact of battles. Peedy had good comments, but not an overwhelming number of views/likes, compared to several others, which makes me wonder if he has broad appeal, or is more of a niche contestant. Overall, he reminds me of Britton. Again, this is the battle round, so I’ll try not to overreact to these things. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

The thing about these potential frontrunners (Peedy, GNT, Hailey) is how well they can deliver  during the live portion of the show. The only one I'm sure will be able to handle is Wendy. 

With GNT, there's a triple chance of being flat. Peedy and Hailey doesn't cross me as experienced singers. 

I honestly think Wendy can be the first AA with real chance, if she plays her cards right. 

Watch me being wrong and the trophy going to a charismatic kid/youngster again. 

Wendy's chances won't really depend on her singing, since we all know she will deliver live, it will rather depend on her song choices appealing to Minivan, and how she presents herself on camera. This last requirement is why I still think Jeremy could be a dark horse, because he's so likable and easy to root for.

Peedy doesnt have much experience going for him but he does have the appeal. Charisma is a powerful weapon, we've seen it before. Regarding the battle stats, the KO ones are likely the ones that will matter the most.

I think Hailey could be a threat too, but I need to see her KO.

If GNT nail their POs, then they are safe at least till semis. They need to prove in that live performance that they won't have the fate of the past two trios. If they do that, they're all set.

5 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

Wendy killed him, but I’m a little concerned she’s had too much success in her career to display an appropriate amount of humility for this show, and that the audience will notice. 

Very interesting and astute observation.

1 hour ago, Misirlou said:

Peedy was pretty much universally acclaimed by FB (and other SM) comments in his battle. GNT had a lot of positivity too but some group-hating comments, too.

Was he?  The comments were nice, yes, but his views and reacts weren't exactly stellar.

1 hour ago, Daillon said:

Peedy, Wendy and GNT are going to be around but I don’t think they will be serious contenders for the win. It’s between Holly and Hailey imo.

Watch this age terribly :haha:

It might indeed, bit I'd be in heaven if it did happen.

All 3 Ariana artists that we haven’t seen in the Battles yet won their Knockouts. And we haven’t seen her KO steal yet either

And we saw all of Blake’s Knockout winners already. We’re just waiting for his KO steal

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

The Voice's IG provided a link for the Adele performances from the show. Someone's definitely getting "Easy on Me" lol.

I was going to post a “who’s getting Adele’s new single” post earlier (but I got distracted)!

Edited by AngelaKD
  • Haha 1