The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

4 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I could accept that as a reason, if you were known as anti-country around here, like ptones, but I don’t recall seeing that side of you, other than Blake’s country singers, but your hate for contestants on his team transcends genres.

I'm just not as vocal about it.  But I'm very anti-country.

And FYI, I have nothing personal against any of his contestants on any season, or even Blake himself.  I just hate how horribly, painfully, unfairly easy they have it on this show.  Every other coach has to have their contestants fight for their survival week after week, while at least since season nine, all his contestants have really had to do is just be on his team, and they've had it made at least until the semifinals.  Yes, Austin, Courtney, Dave, and Cali were exceptions, but four exceptions aren't nearly enough for me.  It's just frustrating to see actual good artists on other teams do their best, but still lose, because they fall to his more average or mediocre artists who were just lucky to be on his team.  It's not entirely their fault.  I know that.  It's hugely the fault of his Minivan sheep.  But I can't take anything out on them, so his artists get it from me instead.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

At this point I'm expecting the montages to be :

J: Sabrina vs Jack

K: TCS vs Parker

B: Berritt vs Kaitlyn

A: Jim/Sasha vs Sophia

Assuming this is the case, I'm actually expecting all the double montage contestants (Xavier, possibly Sabrina and Berritt) to be shown in full in the KOs.

• Like 1

It's unfair to draw the line between a powerhouse diva and country, considering we have Reba, Martina, Faith Hill... 

Also, maybe y'all should check an artist called Yola for a nice surprise. She's going to be peforming on the CMA's and pre-pandemic, was sharing the stage with Dolly Parton, The Highwomen and Sheryl Crow.

I love Wendy and she should perform country on the show and slay some Chris Stapleton or any other soulful country, because she got the pipes, the energy and the experience in Nashville for that. 

Edited by SNI2
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

Also, maybe y'all should check an artist called Yola for a nice surprise. She's going to be peforming on the CMA's and pre-pandemic, was sharing the stage with Dolly Parton, The Highwomen and Sheryl Crow.

love her! Her part on the Highwomen album was fantastic and the album released this year was great as well (leans more towards soul than country though)

37 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Assuming this is the case, I'm actually expecting all the double montage contestants (Xavier, possibly Sabrina and Berritt) to be shown in full in the KOs.

I think that one of them could get the Rebekah Samarin/Katherine Ho treatment and get the rare triple montage, actually.

Edited by Rodney
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

love her! Her part on the Highwomen album was fantastic and the album released this year was great as well (leans more towards soul than country though)

Yes! One of the top 3 albums I've heard this year and I'm a huge fan of The Highwomen. Crowded Table and If she ever leaves me are songs The Voice are sleeping on.

I'd debate a bit regarding what can be considered country and what can't, specially when yesterday Kacey Musgraves had nominations denied on the country category for the grammys because of her latest record. Meanwhile, artists like Kane Brown and Dan & Shay are putting up hits on country radio. 

But at the end of the day, I feel like Wendy Moten would have a great shot at the soulful country lane, this year. I don't think Yola has songs for a competitive setting, but she'd destroy some Chris Stapleton and Brandi Carlile. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, SNI2 said:

It's unfair to draw the line between a powerhouse diva and country, considering we have Reba, Martina, Faith Hill... 

I love Wendy and she should perform country on the show and slay some Chris Stapleton or any other soulful country, because she got the pipes, the energy and the experience in Nashville for that. 

Something like this…

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

I doubt this one is getting montaged. They showed both acts walking into the rehearsal room. 

then it's probably Shadale vs Janora in addition to Sabrina vs Jack for Team Legend.

3 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

What about Holly vs. Wyatt?

Its possible as well, but Holly was in Taping 1 for both Battles and KOs, so I think she might be a producer favorite. Then again, Kennedy Holmes got a battle montage so anything could happen.

7 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

So Gymani vs Aaron maybe? Or likely its just one Kelly montage.

I doubt they are gonna montage a battle between two 4 chair turns. Maybe it’s Holly vs Wyatt on team Kelly or Sabrina vs Jack/Shadale vs Janora  on Team legend .

The only reason I’d tolerate a Shadale montage in the battles is because it’d hopefully make her KO safe (and I want to see both her and Samara in full).

As for the montages, here’s my guesses from most to least likely:

Sabrina vs. Jack

Berritt vs. Kaitlyn

Jim & Sasha vs. Sophia

• Like 3