The Voice ● S21 ● Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

I'm just noticing how well constructed and thought out Blake's PO team is:

You have Wendy, the soul powerhouse that has yet to reveal her country side, and consistency will carry her no matter which way she goes.

You got Peedy, the charismatic throwback singer whose biggest strength is performance, and Minivan is already loving him.

You got Lana, the country/pop girl that could also serve Minivan on its favorite genre in case Wendy doesnt go country.

You got LiBianca, the most eclectic artist on his team. Blake usually tends to leave this type of artists do their thing, so she'll be able to come up with some good things.

You got Paris, a strong R&B vocalist with a conservative, old fashioned style (I say this in a good way, keeping it classic) that could very well last some weeks if he survives the playoffs. 

I think everybody here could have a place in the Top 13. Its just a matter of how things end up happening.

Edited by Misirlou
  • Like 7

It’s just the battle round, and this probably isn’t significant, but I’m having a hard time ignoring the fact that the Peedy/TJR battle is underperforming on Facebook, compared to several others, who most of us wouldn’t consider minivan bait. It’s not just on Facebook either. Peedy’s comments are overwhelmingly positive, so there is that. I will say this…if he keeps up with the Elvis bit, it will get old fast. 

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

It’s just the battle round, and this probably isn’t significant, but I’m having a hard time ignoring the fact that the Peedy/TJR battle is underperforming on Facebook, compared to several others, who most of us wouldn’t consider minivan bait. It’s not just on Facebook either. Peedy’s comments are overwhelmingly positive, so there is that. I will say this…if he keeps up with the Elvis bit, it will get old fast. 

That’s almost exactly what was said about Zach Seabaugh and he did just fine.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

I don't think it matters considering its the battles. If his KO does poorly, then, thats another story. Plus the comments are loving him.

Even if he doesnt end up being the threat that many think he'll be, he is still a lock for PV, and the Blake power will carry him at least until semis in the worst case.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TeamAudra said:

“Fine” as in eliminated in the bloodbath. I’m not suggesting Peedy is going home in the playoffs. 

I’m operating on the assumption that making it to T9 would be considered a good result for a contestant. You don’t think so?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I don't think it matters considering its the battles. If his KO does poorly, then, thats another story. Plus the comments are loving him.

Even if he doesnt end up being the threat that many think he'll be, he is still a lock for PV, and the Blake power will carry him at least until semis in the worst case.

That’s fair. At this point, I try to gauge their ceiling. I don’t know what Peedy’s is yet, but I can imagine his style isn’t for everyone. I’ll just leave it at that. 

Just now, TeamAudra said:

That’s fair. At this point, I try to gauge their ceiling. I don’t know what Peedy’s is yet, but I can imagine his style isn’t for everyone. I’ll just leave it at that. 

That's definitely true. FB and YT seem to love him, while vlog reviewers like MJ and Lyndsay Parker hate him. IDF might be on the same boat for the most part. 

I'll say for now, I still have him as dangerous, it'll be clearer after KOs and his PO performance. TPTB is treating him good though, being the first Team Blake member to be shown twice in a row now.

1 minute ago, AngelaKD said:

I’m operating on the assumption that making it to T9 would be considered a good result for a contestant. You don’t think so?

He’s expected to make the top 13, and Team Blake usually gets a free ride to the semi-finals. What’s his ceiling? I don’t know the answer either, but that’s how I view these things. Honestly, I don’t know the ceiling for any of the contestants yet. 

6 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Looking at this particular Team Blake, his 2 Blake PVs are likely a lock for semis. His coach save is getting a free ride until Top 10 at least.

I will be surprised if LiBianca survives a week (if she actually gets the save)

8 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Looking at this particular Team Blake, his 2 Blake PVs are likely a lock for semis. His coach save is getting a free ride until Top 10 at least.

Probably. 

Wendy:

Floor - semi-finals 

Ceiling - ?

Peedy:

Floor - Semi-finals 

Ceiling - ?

10 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

In theory, I would too, but look at contestants like Courtney Harrell and TSoul. Blake is powerful.

There are always other marginally popular/unpopular contestants, and Blake’s get a few extra votes just because. 

Edited by TeamAudra

4 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

I guess I'm the only one that sees Blake's save surviving till Top 10 lol. Lowkey think Paris might have a better shot at surviving than Lana or LiBianca, but given Blake's history with saves, he's screwed on that team.

Paris’s best bet is winning the WC, which could happen given the Blake bonus, but unknown, seeing the other teams (Though he might not flop in the Wildcard performances as hard as Blake’s last 2 wildcard contestants)

Edited by Cookie73

1 minute ago, Misirlou said:

In theory, I would too, but look at contestants like Courtney Harrell and TSoul. Blake is powerful.

He is powerful, but there are contestants that are so helpless with this audience that not even Blake can save them (p.e Jessie and Cali) 

LiBianca is very current, and much more alternative than what the audience is used to. Easy first week casualty, as much as I hate to say it.

Lana would have a hard time as well, but I don’t think she would be as doomed as LiBianca.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Daillon said:

LiBianca is very current, and much more alternative than what the audience is used to. Easy first week casualty, as much as I hate to say it.

Lana would have a hard time as well, but I don’t think she would be as doomed as LiBianca.

Agree with this. 

5 minutes ago, Daillon said:

He is powerful, but there are contestants that are so helpless with this audience that not even Blake can save them (p.e Jessie and Cali) 

Dave Fenley as well. Obviously, performance quality played a role in that, but others have skated through on his team with weak performances. 

Edited by TeamAudra

2 minutes ago, Cookie73 said:

Paris’s best bet is winning the WC, which could happen given the Blake bonus, but unknown, seeing the other teams (Though he might not flop in the Wildcard performances as hard as Blake’s last 2 wildcard contestants)

Yeah, he's gonna rely on the WC. He could indeed win depending on the other members and due to Team Blake, but I feel someone from Team Kelly (likely Jeremy) could end up overtaking him. We'll see.

I love the guy, but he had a higher chance on Team Legend, definitely.

2 minutes ago, Misirlou said:

Yeah, he's gonna rely on the WC. He could indeed win depending on the other members and due to Team Blake, but I feel someone from Team Kelly (likely Jeremy) could end up overtaking him. We'll see.

I love the guy, but he had a higher chance on Team Legend, definitely.

Kelly’s team is really good this season and she has won two wildcards (and the only time she didn’t besides the time Blake won was when her contestant flopped).

In Blake’s case, Joanna definitely seemed like the obvious choice to win Wildcard, also given her treatment by the producers (not coaches) prelives. Paris seems to be more of an underdog, so his best shot is if one of his competitors flops.

2 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

i'm kinda sad Brittany doesn't have much of a chance to move on, she's starting to grow on me as a contestant.

Sameee she was the most underrated contestant pre season….but anything can happen she might snatch the second PV