TVUS20 male or female winner this season?

CandiceFan12

TVUS20 male or female winner this season?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. TVUS20 male or female winner this season?

• Male
    • Female

12 minutes ago, disney1024 said:

Judging by the spoilers, there's no way a female will win S20. S20 will definitely have a male winner🤔

Agreed. A female will never win The Voice again if Team Minivan has it their way with the voting.

Edited by CandiceFan12
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, disney1024 said:

The winner could be neither male nor female; they could be a genderqueer individual. You never know. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Yeah, but I don’t think any of the S20 contestants are genderqueer. 

Edited by Bk1234
  • Like 1

At this point, I'll believe the winner will be a girl when I see it. The past three winners were all male artists who appealed greatly to the core audience (Hoot was pure 100% country, Todd was literally a walking incarnation of every contestant minivan supports into one person, and Carter was a 15 year old boy who could sing well), and the success of females on this show as a whole has been massively dwindling lately.

I think Chevel was the last female contestant who's "style" typically gets supported by minivan (country+teenager) who actually had a chance of winning.

Edited by MatthewPalermo
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

At this point, I'll believe the winner will be a girl when I see it. The past three winners were all male artists who appealed greatly to the core audience (Hoot was pure 100% country, Todd was literally a walking incarnation of every contestant minivan supports into one person, and Carter was a 15 year old boy who could sing well), and the success of females on this show as a whole has been massively dwindling lately.

I think Chevel was the last female contestant who's "style" typically gets supported by minivan (country+teenager) who actually had a chance of winning.

No, we’re getting a female winner this season. :P

• Haha 1

Just now, Bk1234 said:

No, we’re getting a female winner this season. :P

Hmm... let me go back a few seasons here in terms of female contestants.

S16 - I'm not exactly sure what Maelyn would fall into in terms of previous contestants (maybe the indie ones who are pure tone like Addison?) but she was basically destined to lose until Minivan found out how bad Gyth was and they shifted over, which usually doesn't happen with country frontrunners. I think it took until The Scientist, which was a huge breakout performance for her, to make me realize that she actually had a shot at winning, because Minivan don't just vote for contestant with a good performance. Even with her Stay in the T8, Gyth demolished her on Facebook but she crushed him on every other social media platform. Then it was confirmed she was singing Hallelujah in the finale and it was over.

S17 - No one was beating the Hoot. 

S18 - When all of the PVs in the playoffs were men, any chance a girl had of winning this season was crushed. 

S19 - Carter won after his KO lmao.

I think order for a female to actually win nowadays, they either have to appeal to Minivan more than any of the MALE contestants (which almost never happens), or be literally the only contestant who was good enough to be a worthy winner (Maelyn).

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, MatthewPalermo said:

Hmm... let me go back a few seasons here in terms of female contestants.

S16 - I'm not exactly sure what Maelyn would fall into in terms of previous contestants (maybe the indie ones who are pure tone like Addison?) but she was basically destined to lose until Minivan found out how bad Gyth was and they shifted over, which usually doesn't happen with country frontrunners. I think it took until The Scientist, which was a huge breakout performance for her, to make me realize that she actually had a shot at winning, because Minivan don't just vote for contestant with a good performance. Even with her Stay in the T8, Gyth demolished her on Facebook but she crushed him on every other social media platform. Then it was confirmed she was singing Hallelujah in the finale and it was over.

S17 - No one was beating the Hoot. 

S18 - When all of the PVs in the playoffs were men, any chance a girl had of winning this season was crushed. 

S19 - Carter won after his KO lmao.

I think order for a female to actually win nowadays, they either have to appeal to Minivan more than any of the MALE contestants (which almost never happens), or be literally the only contestant who was good enough to be a worthy winner (Maelyn).

Han Solo Optimism GIF by Star Wars

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, but I don’t think any of the S20 contestants are genderqueer. 

I think there is one but I could be wrong....based on some of their ig posts/highlights they talk about their gender identity being very flexible and them identifying as themselves only. Not sure if genderqueer would be the correct term to describe them tho

Edited by TheVoiceFan2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it might be a guy, but maybe some random NBC producer will read this thread and try to throw us for a loop, like they so often seem to do! :haha:

All jokes aside, I do think it's possible for a lady to win this season, perhaps

the teen, Gihanna? 

The most commonly discussed guy in the Spoiler Forum sounds like he has a good shot at winning, but we haven't heard any of the people in the round yet. We have no idea whether someone will flop under pressure;  even

Kenzie [I heard that he was not nervous at all in his BA, but the nerves may come later, during the lives or another high pressure situation] 

. I do think it's too early to pick, but I'd lean towards a guy winning.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, disney1024 said:

The winner could be neither male nor female; they could be a genderqueer individual. You never know. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Imagine thinking that Minivan will let a genderqueer contestant win. That's never gonna happen. We don't even have a gay winner, to beggin with. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Jordan Smith Fan said:

I just hope we can finally get a deserving winner since S16 (Not saying Jake, Todd, and Carter were BAD but there were good options)

S16: MAELYN!!! Enough said lol 😂

S17: Katie should've won (or at least been runner-up) but I also really liked Jake. 😌

(Rose also deserved to win but she was the Instant Save so that wasn't going to happen.)

S18: Toneisha or Thunderstorm definitely should've won over Todd. Todd is one of two Voice winners (out of 19) that I absolutely despise. 😒

S19: DeSz should've won but I also really liked Carter. 😌