Is IDF open to stan a country male?

Misirlou

Is IDF open to stan a country male?  

42 members have voted

1. 1. Choose:

• Not a chance, never will no matter who comes along.
    • Yes, if he´s good.

I guess I have never “stanned” for them because there were always better options (S11 being the exception) but I have enjoyed people like CWB and Adam, who were great vocalists, or Kameron, who had a really cool tone.

Edited by Daillon

Well, as long as he sounds like James David Carter, I'm on board :yes:

Btw the remaining country males in this season are all decent and I don't see IDF throwing shade towards them (like towards Tanner who wasn't good).

My sixth sense suggests that will change when Ben takes Cami's well-deserved spot in the finale

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Vinyl said:

If the finale came down to Craig Wayne Boyd, Sundance Head, the Swon Brothers and Ryan Sill, Ryan Sill would suddenly be spoken of on IDF as one of the greatest vocalists of all time.

I answered yes. And I've stanned a country guy before. It was actually Craig Wayne Boyd.

In fact, his audition was one of my favorites from Season 7. I liked him so much from the start, that I bought his audition song on iTunes and nearly pitched a fit when he lost his battle to James David Carter. I'm not much of a country fan, but he was special and I enjoyed his whole run. For practically all of the season, he was my third favorite behind TJW and Chris. He was my second choice to win that finale, after Chris, not Matt - so I didn't mind when Craig won. Craig was a great singer. And no one will never convince me that I shouldn't have felt some love for him after "I Walk the Line." That's one of those all-time greatest performances for this franchise.

And in Ryan Sill's defense, MAYBE if he (a pop/boy bandish vocalist) hadn't gotten that absolutely BEFUDDLING series of classic rock songs foisted upon him, he could have had a better reception. I'm sorry, I wasn't a fan of him since I'm not into boy bandish guys, but he didn't get a fair run when he was forced to shriek stuff like Journey's "Open Arms" and Duran Duran's "Ordinary World." And on top of them being awful fits for him, they were also all pitched too high for his voice. It was obvious that he didn't want to sing that kind of music, anyway. For proof, his Instant Save songs were in his wheelhouse. And he got to choose those.

It was just bizarre to watch how hard he was being bussed for his entire live shows run. I don't think I've ever seen a more aggressive and thorough bussing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shere Khan said:

Btw the remaining country males in this season are all decent and I don't see IDF throwing shade towards them (like towards Tanner who wasn't good).

My sixth sense suggests that will change when Ben takes Cami's well-deserved spot in the finale

I'll legit be so mad and disappointed in the show if Cami somehow doesn't even get to finale! She's literally the Maelyn Jarmon of season 19!!! 😤

PLEASE VOTE FOR CAMI NEXT WEEK!!! 🥺

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, disney1024 said:

I'll legit be so mad and disappointed in the show if Cami somehow doesn't even get to finale! She's literally the Maelyn Jarmon of season 19!!! 😤

PLEASE VOTE FOR CAMI NEXT WEEK!!! 🥺

The fact that DeSz got the PV over her despite having a weaker performance (imo) shows that Cami really needs a song that was better than her PO. And that she has a smaller fanbase (outside of IDF) than previously thought. 

• Sad 1

If they're consistent with their performances and I don't find their tone irritating, I could definitely do so. I liked Jake Hoot quite a bit during his season.

As for IDF falling head over heels for a country male.... No, not in a million years, I don't see it

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bk1234 said:

I could see myself doing so, but IDF as a whole, never. 

+

10 minutes ago, FloorWax said:

As for IDF falling head over heels for a country male.... No, not in a million years, I don't see it

AND

3 hours ago, TeamAudra said:

A significant portion of IDF already does. 😉

+

56 minutes ago, Teraginn said:

They do, it's just that a very loud minority on IDF actively hates or at the very least discredits country males on a regular basis. 

What's the truth imao. I joined IDF this year, after s18 so I'm not exactly sure whether IDF as a whole Likes country or not?

• Haha 2

it's really weird, i've never liked country males, but this season, i like ben, ian, and jim (though he's not fully country ig?). i also really liked tanner's BA.

i guess the thing for me is that i always find someone else that i like more than them, so they'll never be a snowflake, and oftentimes, i'll end up disliking them because they'll take out my favorites lmao.

it also is annoying to me that the standard for male country singers seems to be so much lower. they can do practically nothing with their voice and coast through with just a "tone" that people like, while pop and rnb singers have to do impressive stuff with their voice, otherwise they're eliminated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, QueenCami said:

it also is annoying to me that the standard for male country singers seems to be so much lower. they can do practically nothing with their voice and coast through with just a "tone" that people like, while pop and rnb singers have to do impressive stuff with their voice, otherwise they're eliminated.

PREACH GIRL PREACH!! 🙌🙌

preach GIF

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Gmm99 said:

The fact that DeSz got the PV over her despite having a weaker performance (imo) shows that Cami really needs a song that was better than her PO. And that she has a smaller fanbase (outside of IDF) than previously thought. 

There's always Instant Save, if DeSz gets the PV again next week. Cami can probably win the Instant Save if she delivers a good performance. 🤷🏽‍♂️

3 hours ago, istersay said:

country males have done well on the show, not sure about on IDF though, I'm not a fan of country but some of them have been talented.

I'm not a huge fan of country music (especially male "country cowboys") but, for some reason, I do have a soft spot for female country artists. That being said, if a male country artist is consistent with his performances and I don't find his tone irritating, I could definitely grow to like him. As a matter of fact, I actually liked Jake Hoot quite a bit during season 17 and I wasn't too pissed that neither Rose nor Katie won that season. 😅

Edited by disney1024
  • Like 1

To answer the thread question, yes.  But for me, they have to not be on Team Blake.  It's just too much of an advantage if they are.  I'd like to see how they navigate the competition when they're not getting unfair free passes for just being on his team.

To that end, it's why I liked Jake Hoot and was pleased to see him win seventeen (if neither Katie nor Rose could).  I'm also into Ben Allen from this season (only because he's not on Blake's team currently, despite having started there).

Now, I have truly loved country males that were on Blake's team, too.  But in those cases, their tones were enough to make me overlook that particular thing.  I liked Craig Wayne Boyd and Sundance Head, though bonus points go to the former for pretty crushing the juggernaut that was that man's team in season seven's finale, and the latter for beating Billy and also stopping that man from winning.  And this season, I'm into Ian because I am in love with his tone.  It's like something I haven't heard in a country voice in such a long time.

10 hours ago, Shere Khan said:

TASTE. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, QueenCami said:

They can do practically nothing with their voice and coast through with just a "tone" that people like, while pop and rnb singers have to do impressive stuff with their voice, otherwise they're eliminated.

Are you serious??? Haven't you watched Craig Wayne Boyd, Adam Wakefield and Sundance Head.

What about this performance.

And this too

What about these amazin base notes + the dynamics that he showed.

And also what about Sundance's performances. They all are definitely way more than just TONE.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hamza Tufail said:

What's the truth imao. I joined IDF this year, after s18 so I'm not exactly sure whether IDF as a whole Likes country or not?

I would say @Teraginn post is the most accurate.

56 minutes ago, Hamza Tufail said:

And this too

This is the best performance by a country guy ever imo. So good.

Danny’s Song by the Swons is really great too (I didn’t like them but they earned finale after that)

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hamza Tufail said:

And also what about Sundance's performances. They all are definitely way more than just TONE.

He's actually talking about the other finalists who entered the finale or went really far because of the fact they they sing country music + their tone