The Voice S20 - Spoilers/News/Updates

Someone648

Finally got to watch the leak - Ciana's opening was kinda messy but that was nowhere near as bad as I was expecting based on source feedback. A good effort to try and change up from ballads, but the control issues and some pitch stuff make this one just "eh" (though that high note at 1:40 was great).

Pia though. Gahdamn. She snapped. If she plays into her lower register + nails the runs in whatever playoffs song she gets, she's got a legitimate shot at either the coach save or the wildcard slot on Team Legend (I don't think she's gonna pass Victor for the public vote, but Pia was fantastic here).

• Like 3

I think there is a big difference between, oh I only want to carry one country singer, so I'll pair up two country singers, and oh I only want to carry one Black female, so I'll pair the. Pairing based on race, big not ok, pairing based on musical styles, totally reasonable. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Bk1234 said:

Yeah, this “strategic” nonsense just feeds into the coaches over contestants scenario that the show is constantly pushing. 🙄

I’m not talking about a strategy to win, I’m talking about a strategy to get as many of your finalists as far as possible once the public gets to vote.

In fact, I think Blake has actually sacrificed wins in order to get multiple people into the finale (when that was possible). And given what he thinks about the label, who can blame him.

1 hour ago, Angelbright said:

Your practically saying only 1 of the black females matter. This is John being different and smart and doing what’s right. He made the right decision, a decision I didn’t think he was gonna make. But it’s been over do to see black people thrive and get more screen time on this show, especially since they deserve it and always gets robbed. 

I agree with both Zania and Pia moving on, but the arguments you make are :whut:

The audience is the one who votes and the one who prevents them from winning. You can make a case of the audience being racist (a case I would personally support) but saying the show hasn’t done their best to support/push for those artists is plain wrong.

Point being, the audience is the problem, not the show.

Edited by Daillon
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't want respond to anyone in particular but you think John, a black man himself, shouldn't take two deserving black women through just because they don't appeal to the predominantly white country-loving misogynistic and racist audience? That sounds crazy  to me

• Like 12

Can you guys stop playing the race card every time someone sings a song???

I’m tired of coming here and seeing you guys arguing about a singer’s skin colour. 
Being a (big or not) Black woman doesn’t mean you are a powerhouse or a Whitney Houston wannabe. Y’all need to stop 

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

People seem to overhype what the "source" says. I thought Pia was very good, but some people seem to take from that that it must be the most amazing thing ever, and then it's that she's overhyped. (the comments comparing her to other people, were from the coaches btw). I'm not sure Ryleigh deserved all three coaches to try to steal her -> oh she wasn't very good. Like you all take the comments to all the extremes. I thought Pia was the best of the taping, and really liked it, Ryleigh and Connor Corey were good as well, but this doesn't mean Pia is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. 

Edited by seak05
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, seak05 said:

People seem to overhype what the "source" says. I thought Pia was very good, but some people seem to take from that that it must be the most amazing thing ever, and then it's that she's overhyped. (the comments comparing her to other people, were from the coaches btw). I'm not sure Ryleigh deserved all three coaches to try to steal her -> oh she wasn't very good. Like you all take the comments to all the extremes. I thought Pia was the best of the taping, and really liked it, Ryleigh and Connor were good as well, but this doesn't mean Pia is the most amazing thing since sliced bread. 

You mean Corey right?

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mariahmc said:

Can you guys stop playing the race card every time someone sings a song???

I’m tired of coming here and seeing you guys arguing about a singer’s skin colour. 
Being a (big or not) Black woman doesn’t mean you are a powerhouse or a Whitney Houston wannabe. Y’all need to stop 

preach GIF by Shalita Grant

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FloorWax said:

Tbh the slight technical issues weren't Ciana's problem. The song didn't allow her to be authentic, so it felt very performative, like she was singing to impress, and not to express. She has very good stage presence though.

Honestly during her whole performance, all I can do is to compare her to Tamara's version. She put that song to rest. Lol

• Like 2

Just now, Jyn Mycle said:

Honestly during her whole performance, all I can do is to compare her to Tamara's version. She put that song to rest. Lol

Although I don't agree with the concept of putting a song to rest in itself (because people can put their own spin on songs), if I did, I still wouldn't say Tamara put it to rest because she had conspicuous breath control issues throughout the whole song. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jyn Mycle said:

Her and Tamara pretty much had the same issues in their performances of the song though lol. 

• Like 1

Pulling my list back up from before on who I like / don't like / am apathetic about:

TEAM KELLY:

Anna Grace vs. Gihanna Zoe

Avery Roberson vs. Kenzie Wheeler

Corey Ward vs. Ryleigh Modig

TEAM NICK:

Dana Monique vs. Keegan Ferrell

Jose Figueroa, Jr. vs. Raine Stern

Rachel Mac vs. Zae Romeo

TEAM JOHN:

Ciana Pelekai vs. Pia Renee

Gean Garcia vs. Victor Solomon

Rio Doyle vs. Zania Alake

TEAM BLAKE:

Andrew Marshall vs. Pete Mroz

Cam Anthony vs. Connor Christian

Ethan Lively vs. Jordan Matthew Young

Carolina Rial

Savanna Woods

Devan Blake Jones

Emma Caroline

This episode, I get:
6 people I'm actively looking forward to

2 people I'm curious about

3 people I'm apathetic about
1 person I dislike

Next episode, I get:

9 people I'm actively looking forward to

5 people I'm curious about (probably -2 or -1 for Raine and Jose)

1 person I'm apathetic about

1 person I dislike

Also, tonight, just for fun (don´t take these seriously lol)

• The Temptations beat Ed Sheeran
  • The Black Crowes beat Travis Tritt
  • Kelly Clarkson/SAL beat Kings of Leon
  • Tina Turner beats The Temptations
  • Jackie DeShannon beats Lizzo
  • Lewis Capaldi beats Jason Mraz

And next week:

• Luke Combs beats Chris Young
  • Jewel beats BØRNS
  • Gladys Knight beats Julia Michaels
  • Nina Simone beats 5 Seconds of Summer (of course)
  • Tasha Cobbs beats John Mayer (probably in a montage)
  • P!nk beats The Band Perry